• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: How are you after at least 3 months on MAF 314, MAF 878 or injected MAF?

How are you after at least 3 months of MAF 314, MAF 878 or injected MAF?

• MAF 314: worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAF 314: no change

• MAF 314: improved

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • MAF 878: worse

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • MAF 878: no change

• MAF 878: improved

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Injected MAF: worse

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Injected MAF: no change

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Injected MAF: improved

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I wish it was possible to ask subquestions within this poll about length of time on each treatment, labwork and so on but this site doesn't allow it. To make it manageable, it's basically, what are you taking and are you worse/no change/improved.

Please only answer if you've been taking the MAF for at least three months.

ukxmrv

The three months is a good idea as that's when I tend to judge a treatment. There may be people who had to give up before the 3 months ended as they could not cope with the treatment.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The three months is a good idea as that's when I tend to judge a treatment. There may be people who had to give up before the 3 months ended as they could not cope with the treatment.
That's very true - I should have added that in as a fourth option for each treatment :(

Daffodil

is injected maf the same as gcmaf?

i did great for 4 months then crashed completely.

aquariusgirl

sasha.. and others on maf 878....when u made up the mixture and then refrigerated it.. did you put the finished product in a SEALED container? i didn't and i was gone from home for a few wks. when i got back a fluffly film had formed on the top of the bottle ...so am wondering if it is safet to use?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
is injected maf the same as gcmaf?

i did great for 4 months then crashed completely.
There seems to be a bit of confusion over the terminology which is why I'm referring to 'injectable MAF'. If you're injecting it, it's 'injectable MAF'.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
sasha.. and others on maf 878....when u made up the mixture and then refrigerated it.. did you put the finished product in a SEALED container? i didn't and i was gone from home for a few wks. when i got back a fluffly film had formed on the top of the bottle ...so am wondering if it is safet to use?
I don't put mine in a sealed container, just a glass jar with a glass lid resting on the top. Actually, two glass jars so one goes untouched for a couple of weeks and it doesn't grow a fluffy layer.

When I'm culturing the MAF, it grows a sort of crust a couple of inches thick each day for the five days that it stands out on the kitchen counter and I have to break up the layer with a spoon. I wonder if that's like your fluffy layer. Did you just mix the ingredients and put your MAF straight in the fridge, or did you do the five-day process of culturing at room temperature first?

I don't know the answer to your question, I guess is the short answer! I sniff the MAF occasionally to check if it smells other than yoghurty or cheesy. If it ever smelt mouldy, I'd be worried.

Do you get yours from Dr Enlander? If so, you could contact his office and ask.

ukxmrv

Yes, I put it into a glass jar with a lid but only placed the lid on top of the MAF878 and didn't screw it on. Like Sasha mine formed a crust. Every second day I stirred it with a wooden spoon to break this up.

Someone else developed I think a small mould on top but I can't remember what the advice was. They contacted Dr Enlander's office I think.