• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POLL: Has anyone recovered with the Gupta Program?

Have you recovered with the Gupta Program?

• Total voters
Has anyone recovered with the Gupta Program?

I’ve been doing it for a few months but I haven’t seen any improvements so I’m thinking of giving up.

After six months I can request a refund which is good.

Has anyone had success with it though?

There are LOADS of testimonials on YouTube and on his website too.

I want it to work for me but it doesn’t seem to be.

Also there are lots of claims it is unscientific but recently he had a study published that shows it helps with Fybro at least

I’ve been doing the daily meditations and other Gupta techniques but ive not seen any improvements.

Should I just give up?

The thing is without the Gupta Program I might just stay ill though

Art Vandelay

geraldt52

Ask for your money back while you still can.

"Recovery" stories are meaningless, as without a biomarker who knows what someone might have "recovered" from. If you haven't seen any difference in a few months you probably don't have whatever the folks with recovery stories had, and you'd be better off with your money back in your pocket than continuing on hoping that you're going to cure "genuine" CFS/ME or Fibro...

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3

Somehow this program has got you locked into thinking they are the only ones who can help you and that sets off red flags for me.

It sounds like the atlas chiropractor I went to. He had me so convinced that no one else could help me that I stuck with him for a long time suffering.

He kept telling me to stick with it and yet he was doing the same treatment over and over again and it wasn't working.

I finally realized he was lying to me and got angry. Then I tried a traditional chiropractor. The kind he "warned" me about. And lo and behold, I finally started to get some relief from the pain.

I haven’t seen any improvements so I’m thinking of giving up.
I want it to work for me but it doesn’t seem to be.
ive not seen any improvements.

It seems like you may have already answered your own question.

It doesn't mean there isn't something out there that will work for you so don't be discouraged. Plus, hopefully researchers will find the answers soon.

Sure, you can request one. Are they required to give one though?

BTW, in the future, if you post a poll, you should include "Poll:" in the title. Lots of people like answering polls. I'm pretty sure you can edit the title after posting, or ask a moderator to do it.
Yes, they have a money back guarantee but it has to be after six months.

Ah I see, I still see if I can change the title

LINE

It is very difficult to reset the neurological without dealing with immune hyperinflammation. One of my favorite studies is the NEI Supersystem which is Neurologcal, Endocrine and Immune. These are closely tied to each other and influence each other.

Wishful

yes, you can edit your title--go to the menu at the top of the page on the right next to "Watch," click and choose edit.

@Sushi Actually, I'm still confused about that. Which menu? There's an icon for "unwatch" next to "bookmark thread", but I don't see a menu with "edit".

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Sushi Actually, I'm still confused about that. Which menu? There's an icon for "unwatch" next to "bookmark thread", but I don't see a menu with "edit".
It isn’t obvious! To the right of the “Watch” menu is a box with three dots and a down arrow—click there and a menu opens.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I tried the Gupta program and just kept crashing. They told me to ignore my symptoms - the warning signs that I was over doing it, as though paying attention to how I felt was why I was sick. But when I ignored my symptoms, I crashed more. I did get my money back. I don't think they have the answer for ME/CFS and I don't think their testimonials mean a lot. I did a lot better when I did my own research and experimentation and asked a lot of questions. No one right now has the answer for ME/CFS, though I think we will get one before too long!

Sushi

I did the Gupta program and it did not help me at all—in fact it irritated the hell out of me because, as @Mary said, if you religiously follow the program you crash. This program was one of the earlier things I tried and I kept hoping....I just wish I had asked for a refund! :meh:

Dufresne

almost there...
@Sushi @Mary

When you say the Gupta program made you crash, can you pinpoint what aspect of it you think was responsible?

I ask because I've been doing Gupta again over the last two weeks and today I started showing signs of the nervous excitation that normally precedes a crash. However this may be due to the meditation side of things that I just introduced a few days ago. I'm hoping this is the case.

I've found meditation to be problematic in the past. It has a paradoxical effect after a few days in that it leads to this excitation, twitching calves, etc, and so I've stopped. The main Gupta exercise, however, is really the only non-drug intervention that has calmed my wiredness without the paradoxical effect -at least that's been my experience for the short duration(s) I've used Gupta.

lenora

It is very difficult to reset the neurological without dealing with immune hyperinflammation. One of my favorite studies is the NEI Supersystem which is Neurologcal, Endocrine and Immune. These are closely tied to each other and influence each other.

Yes, I do believe there is some truth to the three systems being linked in some manner. About 3 mos. prior to the discovery of my SM, I was found to have a pituitary tumor (controlled with medication for a number of years, then it went away). I'm presently awaiting the results of thyroid tests, but I don't even know why I bothered asking for them since I don't have the energy to go through more treatments, including meds. However, I think that people who have had one endocrine problem should definitely be tested if they suspect others. I may regain some positive energy this year, we'll see. Since I also have neurological and immune system problems apart from those of ME, I would say that yes, there is a connection between the three systems. Yours, Lenora.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

46% Reduction in Pain Catastrophizing

This person never had ME/CFS.

I've been in an ER with a crushed finger-tip. That resulted in me discovering that hyperventilating will relieve pain, in the moments before you pass out. Yet I refrained from screaming for help, stupidly. :cautious:

ME/CFS often causes pain that is much more difficult to live with than that.

I could never be so crass as to suggest that someone with ME/CFS is catastrophizing their experience. Maybe I'm kind, or perhaps I just don't want to prove that I'm an idiot. :_

godlovesatrier

There's a few threads about this on PR already, but the jist is that this is just another scam. The guy who setup Gupta is really no different to the lightning process or others who use Amygdala retraining. After my research I sort of guessed it was a scam to be honest. For those it works on, you do wonder if they ever had the disease at all to begin with. Have read some odd reports on twitter lately of miraculously long covid recoveries, only to discover the patients were going scuba diving whilst they had long covid!! Sounds like a doctor was trigger happy with the diagnosis of LC if nothing else. But I would invest your money elsewhere re Gupta.

Hufsamor

The main Gupta exercise, however, is really the only non-drug intervention that has calmed my wiredness without the paradoxical effect -at least that's been my experience for the short duration(s) I've used Gupta.
That sounds great...
What if you try for a bit more without adding anything?
Stop the meditation and keep on with those exercises that make you feel good?
It’s always strong opinions about Gupta and lighting prossess, but fact is that quite a few me/ cfs patients benefits from those programs. (And many others crash, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t benefit others again)

The problem is, of course, that you might feel better for a while, and then suddenly crash. I’ve done that myself, over and over throughout the years. I believe I’ve finally found some exercise I can do, only to crash hard after 3-4 weeks.
Sometimes, however, I’ve found the kind of exercise I actually can do, at that stage.
And it’s very good for both the physical and mental health when you find your level of activity.
Some might take a small walk, other might do light version yoga, others likes the Gupta exercises.
Good luck :)

Mary

Moderator Resource
When you say the Gupta program made you crash, can you pinpoint what aspect of it you think was responsible?
The part where they said ignore symptoms. This was back in 2007. There was a diagram of some sort on the floor and I was supposed to walk around it, I can't remember very well, and something about saying "stop" AND ignoring how I felt. So when I did all the things they told me to do and I could feel myself getting tired, I forced myself to ignore how I felt and I crashed of course. I literally could not do what they told me to do without crashing.

I do meditate on my own - I've been doing it for many years and it doesn't have the paradoxical effect it has on you - that's unfortunate that it's problematic for you!

One other thing you might try to calm your system down is box (or 4-sided) breathing. It is amazingly effective. It's used by police and Navy seals and firefighters, people in high-stress positions. It's also used by people like me too! Box breathing: How to do it, benefits, and tips (medicalnewstoday.com) It helps put me back to -sleep in the middle of the night or if I just need to de-stress during the day, it's quite effective.

The instructions say to do the 4 steps to a count of 4 each, but I've found it to be more effective to do the inhale for a count of 4 or 5, and then the other 4 steps to about a count of 8 each.

One other technique is to inhale slowly (through your nose) to a count of 5 or so, and then exhale (again through the nose) slowly, for a count of 8 or so, and just repeat.

All of the exercises are done with your mouth closed.

Sushi

The part where they said ignore symptoms. This was back in 2007. There was a diagram of some sort on the floor and I was supposed to walk around it, I can't remember very well, and something about saying "stop" AND ignoring how I felt.
Exactly. Obsessing on our symptoms can indeed make them worse, but symptoms are one of the signals that we are doing to much and need to stop. Ignoring those signals can lead to a crash.
I've found meditation to be problematic in the past. It has a paradoxical effect after a few days in that it leads to this excitation, twitching calves, etc, and so I've stopped.
I also meditate and I can see that some types of meditation instructions could do this. Other types of meditation are just being mindful and aware of your thoughts--not trying to do something about them. Have you tried approaches like this, combined with intentional breathing?