• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POLL: Does the NUDITY in my CFS video offend anyone?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thanks taniaaust1--

The nudity is at 2:59-3:09. Either you are, or you aren't, missing out on too much... depending on your angle... :Retro wink::Retro smile:
which I'm sure Muffin could probably direct you on. :rolleyes:

muffin

DB: Don't laugh - Angle is very important!!! And that is all I have to say on that one! (The Mods are soooo going to get me)))!

Dolphin

Ok, I was looking closely - it might not have registered with me.
It looks to me that the slide is or looks like a work of art. In art, one can have nudity.
Think it would be fine for Ireland. The topic is pretty grown up anyway - it's not the sort of thing one would show to a young child.

Enid

Not possible to be offended - Docters view nudity all day (or should do with no qualms) and as a ten yearer have seen more than enough of my own and it's changes. A very much to the point Video and would love to see the "psycho" elements being forced to view. We will turn the tables on that yet.

dsdmom

I don't think I would have noticed it if you didn't point it out. So no, not offended.

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
That strange beam of light from the head of the guy on the left into the naked vulnerable guy's head on the right feels like an accurate depiction of how vulnerable many CFS patients feel when they are overpowered, invalidated and manipulated by the ignorance of the medical community. So naked here has to do with powerlessness and vulnerability... at least from my perspective... Personally, I really liked that photo. It worked in the way I wanted it to, and if it gets a strong reaction from some people, then maybe that's a good thing too.

I was really struck ('scuse the pun) with this particular photo when I first saw it.
Where did you find it, do you mind my asking, and what does it depict in its original location?

Its a very strong and bizarre image. A blast like that could really re-wire someone's neural circuits. And that's exactly how ME/CFS feels like to me.

I guess I didn't notice the nudity as I was so taken aback with this image.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I was really struck ('scuse the pun) with this particular photo when I first saw it.
Where did you find it, do you mind my asking, and what does it depict in its original location?

Its a very strong and bizarre image. A blast like that could really re-wire someone's neural circuits. And that's exactly how ME/CFS feels like to me.

I guess I didn't notice the nudity as I was so taken aback with this image.

I found it on wiki images. It was a PD (public domain) image, pertaining to hypnosis.

I picked it exactly for the strong bizarre image it was.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I didn't see the nudity... but neither did I correctly see this... have a go... (don't worry, it's nothing bad!)

Dainty

Well, looks like I'm going to go ahead and stick out like a sore thumb here. I wouldn't have said anything, but since you asked, and it appears that you want feedback...

I was surprised to see the nudity. I understood your use of it, but I was not expecting it. It was because of the nudity that I did not share the video with other people I knew.

I wouldn't quite say I was "offended" by it, since I know that many people are accustomed to seeing and portraying nudity publicly in the arts and that it is considered acceptable. Neither do I find the human body offensive in the least. However, since I and many people of my acquaintence believe that private parts are just that - private - and ought to be treated with special modesty, we're generally not comfortable with public nudity.

I use the term "generally" because there are exceptions. A pretty safe example is The Passion of Christ. In some instances it can be necessary to use nudity to make a very powerful statement, and even "prudes" like me understand and appreciate that, in fact, it seems to me the more a person guards their eyes from nudity the more powerful an impact is made on their mind when it is viewed to get a message accross. I realize that was your intention, and that many/most are/were not bothered by it. Again, I understand why you used it. However, I decided that it was not something I needed to put in front of the eyes of my like-minded friends.

I hope this feedback is helpful for you. Absolutely no self-righteousness is intended at all, and if I came across in that manner in the least bit then please accept my sincere apology. Thank you for all your effort in making the video...I hope it will bring others to help us with our cause!

gregf

CFS is the CDC's name for a psychiatric illness. Every medical professional in the world
has been reading papers for 20 years saying CFS is a psychiatric illness.
Calling it CFS is helping the CDC.

The correct name is ME or at least ME/CFS.