• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

Merry

Voted. Again. What country are we in?

Now Phoenix Rising has 60 votes and is in 20th place. Or was that 21st? You'd think I could hold a two-digit in my head for one minute.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
23rd place, 75 votes - we've pulled ahead of that weird Star Trek thing (no disrespect, Scotty :headache:).

Some music charity from a town I've never heard of next, only 12 votes ahead - there are 656 Phoenix Rising users online right now - vote, you guys! Here's the link.

We want to read XMRV Buzz and look at the Phoenix Rising forums - we should help pay for them, especially when it's free to help like this! Only takes a minute. :D

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I've just followed Dolphin's suggestion elsewhere and edited my signature (just for November) to drum up support. It's easy to do - just go into Settings (next to Log Out, top right of the screen) and then to Edit Signature.

It's time we overtook those music people!

shannah

I've just followed Dolphin's suggestion elsewhere and edited my signature (just for November) to drum up support. It's easy to do - just go into Settings (next to Log Out, top right of the screen) and then to Edit Signature.

It's time we overtook those music people!

Thanks Sasha,

What a blessing you are to others. You're always so thoughtful in making things easy for those with severe cognitive problems. What a good idea to change signature for a time. Not sure I did it correctly though. I guess I'll find out when I post this message.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, Shannah! And you did a great job with it.

People might like to know that when you go in to edit your signature, there's a Preview button (next to the Save button, if memory serves) so you can see how your signature looks before you finally hit Save.

It took me a few goes to figure that out!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bumping...

We're just six votes behind Pennsbury Instrumental Music Boosters (what does that even mean?) - but we have a turnip and they dont...

IntuneJune

Just voted, 83 votes....we are up against some tough competition!!

My son's dog is a coonhound from a rescue center.... I don't know though if it is the organization who is # ONE.

Shouldn't we be generating more votes with everyone here!!

June

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've climbed now to 22nd place with 101 votes - come on, UK, let's overtake that next dog rescue thing before the US wakes up!

We've stormed over 20 places up the rankings in about three days. We can easily, easily do this if we all vote. Do it now! Out of the way, Pueblo Collies! :D

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Ooooh! We're on Page 2 of the rankings now, at 20th place with 105 votes - some horse thing in front of us with only 9 more votes - Cort said we get extra $$$ if we get to 18th place, I think...

ETA: Actually it was Frank:
The first 18 win a prize ranging from $100 up to $1000 (+$50 early bird)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I've just looked back at this thread and three days ago, we only had 8 votes; now we've got 105 - that's about 35 votes a day and we'll probably get more, as more of us notice the campaign and join in.

This is loads more support than most of these other charities seem to have - we can get to the top!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've overtaken the horses! We're in 19th place and closing on "Save a Shepherd" (from what :confused: )...

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
We are moving up fast and building momentum. I'm going to get a newsletter out today and try to get it more out on my website - if its not too broken. The turnips will triumph! (Can you tell I think that was the perfect vegetable - an unassuming and mostly ignored and underused vegetable - so perfect for us....but watch out when the turnip gets rolling! )