• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising Website Information Pages

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
The Phoenix Rising was always envisioned as a community resource. Several sections on the website have then authored by other people and myself; Rich Van K's glutathione/methylation pages Victoria's section on Aromatherapy. There is room for many more.

What I am looking for is something like this - say someone does a Gut section:

• A short general overview of the gut
  • An overview of ME/CFS professionals take on the gut situation in CFS (check out interviews and talks by DeMeirleir, Maes, Cheney, etc.)
  • An overview of the findings from research studies on the gut in CFS
  • The different gut protocols - treatments, diet, probiotics, etc.
  • Ongoing research studies, if any, on the gut
  • A Gut Resource section.

Guidelines
  • Try to be objective (no champions for a cause! - this is a big group of people - no one thing will work for everyone)
  • Be sure to differentiate opinion from solid (ie statistically proved) evidence. Anecdotal evidence is fine but please state that.
  • Be conservative in your conclusions
  • Point out opposing viewpoints
  • Always remember subsets are present
  • Provide references

Mark

I agree with Caledonia, it would be nice to have our own wiki to collaborate on a variety of shared projects and documents; in particular I thought of it for managing info like that referred to here. Careful thought needed, though, about how to manage access to it, and how to deal with conflicts, how to efficiently agree on changes.