• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ph, acidity, achiness, fatigue, baking soda, high BP - is lemon juice the answer? More energy since starting lemon juice

Mary

Moderator Resource
Something just occurred to me yesterday about my increase in energy. I recently - 7 to 10 days ago - switched my l-carnitine from capsule form to this liquid: https://www.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-l-carnitine-liquid-citrus-flavor-1000-mg-16-fl-oz-473-ml/454

I think I'm absorbing it better, and it may be playing a small role in my increase in energy. In 2002 when I first discovered l-carnitine, it gave me a magical boost in energy and no PEM for 7 - 10 days. And then suddenly it just stopped. I've taken it off and on ever since, more on than off, but never had it work that well again.

I know there's no mistaking that my achiness first disappeared and energy noticeably increased two days ago when I started the lemon juice, so I'm positive this is a cause of my feeling better. But in the interests of full disclosure, I thought I'd better mention the liquid l-carnitine which might be playing a role too!

Here's an example of my increase in energy - for the last several weeks the idea of a shower was too much for me and have gotten by with short baths, except when my hair just absolutely had to be washed, after putting it off as long as possible. This morning my hair needed washing again - shower? No problem! I didn't even have to think twice about it! Wow - no wonder normal non-ME/CFS people take showers! I'd almost forgotten that they can be nice! :sluggish: