• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxymatrine/Equilibrant discussion

ChrisD

I wanted to start a thread for people who are trialling Oxymatrine to be able to discuss their experience and ask each other any questions as there isn't too much guidance online about it other than from Dr Chia and Dr Myhill.

I have just started a few days ago after having Oxymatrine on my shelf for about a year. I had suspected Coxsackie in 2015 so it seems right for me other than perhaps being too late.

So far it's going okay but I do feel a bit achey/fluey.

Has anyone else tried Oxymatrine? Are you now?

Any problems or success stories?

Un/Known side effects or contraindications?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm sorry I didn't post something when you started this thread. I've been sorta out of it for a couple days trialing something.

I have taken oxymatrine pretty much everyday since Oct 2019. I stay on it because I've read that Dr Chia says women do better that way. Men seem to be able to eventually go off of it.

I did not come up a level in my ME on it per say (nothing does that for me) but it is one of the things that gives me a sort of bump up from miserable to a more leveled off feeling. If I did not take it then I would probably stay miserable all day and I feel it if I forget to take it.

I just take a maintenance dose because all these supplements get expensive and when I've tried doing 3/day again, it doesn't give me any further improvement than just the one capsule each day.

Another member was doing really well on it but he hasn't been around here for a long time. His username is not pulling up for me here right now.

I think when people improve enough to start living then they don't hang around as much anymore.

Here are some other threads that make mention of it as well:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/russian-rejuvenator-and-equilibrant.82366/#post-2404088

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...urse-of-equilibrant.45119/page-4#post-2401221

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/equilibrant-what-are-your-experiences.86457/#post-2381517

It sometimes also comes up in this thread:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/coxsackie-b4-kill-em-all.84280/

Hope that helps. Hopefully others will come along too and post more info for you.

Edit: You can try going back further in the search archives than I did. I think there are some much older posts on it as well that I can remember.

Last edited:
I just tried oxymatrine (white tiger) for first time and it gave me increased heart rate and panic attack very quickly. I barely took an eighth of a capsule. Has anyone experienced this? I try new supplements all the time and rarely have I had that reaction to anything, although I do have hyperadrenergic POTS and I can't tolerate any caffeine at all for that reason . I normally like to try things three times at least but I'm not sure I can handle it!

Last edited:

Shanti1

Administrator
I started oxymatrine (white tiger) a couple of months after starting valacyclovir. I feel it modulated my immune system and complemented the valacyclovir to push my EBV back into latency. I started with 1 tablet and experienced low grade fever, I remember feeling worse even though I had an increase in mental clarity. Anyhow, I built up to three tabs a day and have stayed there. I have been on it for about 10 months. Overall, I think it gives me a bit more energy and supports my TH1 immune response, so I have continued with it.

Shanti1

Administrator
I do not fit the profile for Coxsackie B infection, so I can't speak to it in that regard.

Shanti1

Administrator
May i ask what your EBV symptoms mostly composed of? Ty !
Hi @Canuck101 - Slightly sore throat, swollen and tender cervical lymph nodes, brain fog, and fatigue. All of these improved to some degree with valacyclovir and oxymatrine. The sore throat and lymphadenopathy resolved entirely, but return quickly if I stop taking the antiviral.