• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NZ team reactivate research into DRACO (renamed VTose), the universal antiviral that could cure ME/CFS

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Thanks @gbells! - I'd never heard of earthing till I read your post, which inspired me to Google it. Earthing sounds very interesting. How much has it helped you? Have you tried a "grounding mat", and if so, how helpful or not has it been? (I live in an apartment and it's difficult to find somewhere outdoors I can walk barefoot).

Grounding systems were too expensive so instead I bought a static wrist band attached to a wire with a grounding plug and would sleep grounded overnight. I used to have no deep sleep but that normalized it. As my ME improved through immunotherapy I reduced the amount of time I would spend using it to just 5 minutes before sleep and to reduce excessive immune reaction to improve sleep. Now I don't use it and have no problems with sleep. https://www.ebay.com/itm/earthing-kit-grounding/254735896236?hash=item3b4f714eac:g:HSUAAOSweXpfdjcW

Last edited:

Hip

Kimer Med has started a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for the next round of testing for their universal antiviral.

For donations of $100 or more, you can choose to sponsor a particular virus, out of this list:

B20FB1F0-199F-11EB-B199-13719B719BCB-image-fa2c8cc4f28176bbeed4b736df569a34c79cd3723e9ec42f9674b4d46ac6b8b8.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I emailed the VTose group and they think it will cross the blood brain barrier due to the transduction tag. I am hopeful they will pull it off. It would be a much more convenient treatment than my supplement method (which is why I am helping them) and would effectively cure 2 million US patients of ME. Hopefully we will have a convenient and effective cure in the next year or so with VTose.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
The one thing I am concerned about with VTose is the reaction speed. Dosing needs to be very light to allow people to tolerate the pain and accomplish the amount of healing that needs to be done. I have been doing it after having ME for 11 years and the process using supplements has taken a year so far and is still going. If you go too fast the pain would be overwhelming and the body can only rebuild so much at any one time. You are essentially killing billions of cells and the body has to recover from it. I do not want to see people getting too much inflammation either because that could cause a cytokine storm. It needs a lot of serious nutritional and supplement management (glutathione, energy chemicals, inflammation reducers) support to keep everything comfortable. Also, some foods and very strong antioxidants block apoptosis and need to be avoided. It is intense as chemotherapy for cancer. Managing the treatment is going to take some serious study for physicians.

kewia

But in terms of autoimmunity, one area which has not been sufficiently explored is the extensive immune evasion that all pathogens engage in:

As far as it concerns tissue cells, I think its normal that they are attacked by the immune system as they are infected?
Eukaryotic cells seem to be inferior regarding virus protection toward bacteria equipped with CRISPR gene.

The one thing I am concerned about with VTose is the reaction speed. Dosing needs to be very light to allow people to tolerate the pain and accomplish the amount of healing that needs to be done. I have been doing it after having ME for 11 years and the process using supplements has taken a year so far and is still going. If you go too fast the pain would be overwhelming and the body can only rebuild so much at any one time. You are essentially killing billions of cells and the body has to recover from it. I do not want to see people getting too much inflammation either because that could cause a cytokine storm. It needs a lot of serious nutritional and supplement management (glutathione, energy chemicals, inflammation reducers) support to keep everything comfortable. Also, some foods and very strong antioxidants block apoptosis and need to be avoided. It is intense as chemotherapy for cancer. Managing the treatment is going to take some serious study for physicians.

Hello gbells. Do you have any news if there is any advancing with Vtose regarding EBV?