• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutraceutical recommendations for COVID-19 from IFM

Wayne

Just got done watching the below-linked video, which gives a rather extraordinary example of what can be done to reverse a downward spiraling COVID-19 case using natural non-drug approaches.

If you decide against watching the whole video, I'd strongly suggest at least going to the 11:55 mark, where the COVID-19 infected patient talks about how a nebulizer (using iodine and peroxide) vastly improved his ability to breathe, and why he feels it was what saved his life. -- [I assume his reference to peroxde was meant to be hydrogen peroxide, though I'm not certain of that].

Christopher Video 1 - 16-minute YouTube Video

"......4 days ago I felt like I was staring at inevitable death....."​
This is the statement made by Dr Ng's patient, Christopher, who had tested positive for COVID-19. This is one of the worst cases we have seen at CHM. Christopher was sick for nearly 2 weeks, with a high fever, body aches, chills, nausea, and diarrhea.​
He even took Tylenol and Ibuprofen, with hopes that it would give him some relief from the fever and pain. This only worsened his condition. Thankfully, Christopher is recovering after 4 days of natural IV therapies and a supplement protocol administered by Dr Ng. This pandemic is real, but so are the results of natural therapies. Watch Christopher's testimonial on how he recovered from COVID-19.​

Last edited:

Wayne

Where do we get IVs from??

@Rufous McKinney -- Unfortunately, I don't have the details on that. :(

Below is another article (Mercola)...

Vitamins C and D Finally Adopted as Coronavirus Treatment

Snippet from Article:

Vitamin C Is a Vastly Underutilized Antiviral 'Drug'
According to Dr. Ronald Hunninghake, an internationally recognized expert on vitamin C who has personally supervised tens of thousands of intravenous (IV) vitamin C administrations, vitamin C is "definitely a very underutilized modality in infectious disease," considering "it's really a premiere treatment" for infections.

In my interview with him, Hunninghake suggested one of the reasons why conventional medicine has been so slow to recognize the importance of vitamin C has to do with the fact that they've been looking at it as a mere vitamin, when in fact it's a potent oxidizing agent that can help eliminate pathogens when given in high doses.

Snippet Regarding Treatment of Sepsis, from which many COVID-19 patients are dieing from:

Vitamin C Effectively Treats Sepsis
Although the vitamin C protocol is new for COVID-19 treatment, it's been used as a treatment for sepsis since about 2017. The vitamin C-based sepsis treatment protocol was developed by Dr. Paul Marik, a critical care doctor at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in East Virginia, which has since adopted it as standard of care for sepsis.

Marik's retrospective before-after clinical study3 published in 2016 showed giving patients 200 milligrams (mg) of thiamine every 12 hours, 1,500 mg of ascorbic acid every six hours, and 50 mg of hydrocortisone every six hours for two days reduced mortality from 40% to 8.5%.

Learner1

There are IV clinics in or near most major cities, if you look for them, particularly staffed by functional medicine or naturopathic doctors. Obviously, it's good to have an ongoing relationship with them, so that you can use your their services and times like these. These IVs typically run from $150 to $600 a piece but as you can see, they can make a huge difference.

Wayne

ARDS (in the title) stands for "Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome". -- The doctor in the below-linked 6-min. video details how 9 days ago, he was put in charge of an ICU devoted to the sickest COVID-19 patients. He goes on to make a compelling case that the paradigm that's generally being accepted of COVID-19 infections eventually turning into ARDS is a flawed one. This in turn is having extremely dire consequences for many who are put on ventilators.

FROM NYC ICU: DOES COVID-19 REALLY CAUSE ARDS??!!

Below is what Joseph Mercola had to say after viewing the above video. It happens to be in line with what I've thought since first beginning to consider the consequences of a COVID-19 infection for myself; that my home mHBOT unit would likely be extremely beneificial to me.

Dr. Mercola: -- "This would lead to my strong recommendation that anyone seriously ill with COVID-19 would benefit far more from hyperbaric oxygen therapy with pure oxygen, which would address the issue of getting oxygen into the tissue that is being impaired because of damage to the alveolar cells in the lung due to the virus."

Last edited:

Wayne

Wonder if ozone would work.

My best guess at this juncture is that it might possibly work best of all the therapies I'm aware of. I've been doing some researching and watching some videos, and it's looking like I'm going to invest some of my $1200 stimulus money into some home ozone equipment. Not only for the possibility of needing it for the coronavirus, but for any kind of flu or other infections going forward. Not to mention the numerous other benefits it offers.

When combined with other therapies, I'm convinced that in most cases, a COVID-19 infection can be relegated to "mild" symptoms for most people. My understanding however, is that obesity and diabetes are two factors that can work against a number of patients. In which case any therapy is going to likely be less effective. -- Below is a 6-min. video which gives a pretty succinct overview of the benefits available from ozone therapy.

Dr. Robert Rowen MD - I Love Ozone

@pamojja -- Great link, thanks!

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
@Rufous McKinney -- Unfortunately, I don't have the details on that. :(

Below is another article (Mercola)...

Vitamins C and D Finally Adopted as Coronavirus Treatment

Snippet from Article:

Vitamin C Is a Vastly Underutilized Antiviral 'Drug'
According to Dr. Ronald Hunninghake, an internationally recognized expert on vitamin C who has personally supervised tens of thousands of intravenous (IV) vitamin C administrations, vitamin C is "definitely a very underutilized modality in infectious disease," considering "it's really a premiere treatment" for infections.

In my interview with him, Hunninghake suggested one of the reasons why conventional medicine has been so slow to recognize the importance of vitamin C has to do with the fact that they've been looking at it as a mere vitamin, when in fact it's a potent oxidizing agent that can help eliminate pathogens when given in high doses.

Hmm... I'm confused, how can it be an oxidizing agent and an antioxidant at the same time?

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
There is a letter published in the Journal of Critical Care from Italian pulmonologists who believe that it's not ARDS but more like HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema) picture. That's based on the fact that oxygen exchange looks really good and hypoxia is due to loss of local blood pressure regulation (maybe something to do with ACE2 receptor?). If that's the case, than the ventilator settings need to be pretty much the exact opposite of what they are using now and the current respiratory protocols might be causing more harm than good.

Wayne

Hmm... I'm confused, how can it be an oxidizing agent and an antioxidant at the same time?

@Iritu1021 -- Good question, it does seem contradictory. I'm no scientist, but my best plausibe explanation (guess) would be that Vitamin C itself is an antioxidant. But when given in high doses during an infection, the body converts it into hydrogen peroxide, which is an oxidant. -- One other way of oxidizing viruses would be to use ozone therapy, which I tend to think might be even more effective than Vitamin C.

Last edited:

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
@Iritu1021 -- Good question, it does seem contradictory. I'm no scientist, but my best plausibe explanation (guess) would be that Vitamin C itself is an antioxidant. But when given in high doses during an infection, the body converts it into hydrogen peroxide, which is an oxidant. -- One other way of oxidizing viruses would be to use ozone therapy, which I tend to think might be even more effective than Vitamin C.
I don’t know enough chemistry to understand the hydrogen peroxide conversion but the one concern I have with Vit C is that it increases iron absorption, which might be counterproductive.

Learner1

I don’t know enough chemistry to understand the hydrogen peroxide conversion but the one concern I have with Vit C is that it increases iron absorption, which might be counterproductive.
I have hemachromatosis, and have done high dose vitamin C, so have looked into this. There are a variety of opinions on this, from don't take C to it doesn't matter. The basic answer is that:
  • Vitamin C is incredibly important for immune function, adrenal function, recycling glutathione, peroxynitrite reduction, collagen production, etc, and in this case, oxidizing infectious agents
  • high iron is bad, so keep ahead of it with phlebotomies.
As far as pro-oxidant and antioxidant, both are needed for various reasons. Harnessing them and using them appropriately is needed.

pamojja

From the Expert consensus on comprehensive treatment of coronavirus disease in Shanghai 2019

6. Prevention and treatment of cytokine storm: It is recommended to use large doses of vitamin C and unfractionated heparin. Large doses of vitamin C are injected intravenously at a dose of 100 to 200 mg / kg per day. The duration of continuous use is to significantly improve the oxygenation index. The use of large Dose of the broad-spectrum protease inhibitor ulinastatin, given 1.6 million units, once every 8 h, under mechanical ventilation, when the oxygenation index> 300 mmHg can be reduced to 1 million units / d. Anticoagulation can be taken The treatment protects endothelial cells and reduces the release of cytokines. When FDP ≥ 10 µg / mL and / or D-dimer ≥ 5 μg / mL, heparin (3-15 IU / kg per hour) is given anticoagulation. Heparin is used for the first time. The patient's coagulation function and platelets must be re-examined 4 h later. ISVVH is used for 6 to 10 h every day.

I really loosing my temper with the western arrogance wanting to do everything in standard ways, without willingness to learn anything from the east.

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
I have hemachromatosis, and have done high dose vitamin C, so have looked into this. There are a variety of opinions on this, from don't take C to it doesn't matter. The basic answer is that:
  • Vitamin C is incredibly important for immune function, adrenal function, recycling glutathione, peroxynitrite reduction, collagen production, etc, and in this case, oxidizing infectious agents
  • high iron is bad, so keep ahead of it with phlebotomies.
As far as pro-oxidant and antioxidant, both are needed for various reasons. Harnessing them and using them appropriately is needed.
It also might be that the iron absorption effect only refers to the oral route of administration.

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
From the Expert consensus on comprehensive treatment of coronavirus disease in Shanghai 2019

I really loosing my temper with the western arrogance wanting to do everything in standard ways, without willingness to learn anything from the east.
Add to that the fact that 85% of patients in China were given TCM herbs in addition to Western medicine and all of the population was placed on herbal prophylaxis which was already developed during SARS and MERS epidemics.