• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No "PMO" seems to have a huge impact on hpa-axis

drob31

Yes. I would like more information about how thyroid can repair the feedback loop. Any experience showing that? I would think the feedback loop requires months to years of no use to repair itself. From what i've read, that's what some nofap patients require.

I'm not sure exactly, but I'm sure it has to do with how t3 interacts with metabolism. Dopamine and other excitatory NE's I think are what cause many of the symptoms in general "CFS." Literally your brain is running slow like a dim light bulb, and of course that explains the potential depressive symptoms.

Avoiding caffeine, PMO, and taking tyrosine gave me big gains in energy and mental perception.

drob31

One think that helps me along with what you mentioned that I recently discovered is Cerebrolysin.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.G

I'll drop this here. My line of thinking's been this:

If I understand it correctly, per the metabolic trap theory PWME have *excess* serotonin in their systems. (It's our main (?) way of metabolising (excess) Tryptophan, with the IDO/TDO lock & absence of C. Sporogenes). Note that PWME do terribly on SSRI's. Many men with PWME also report a form of post-orgasmic illness. Under these conditions, might orgasm be causing a temporary serotonin syndrome of sorts, flooding the CNS with serotonin that we moreover struggle to clear due to existing body burden, and causing all sorts of downstream immunological and metabolic effects? Serotonin is a master regulator, modulating the HPA axis among other things.*

Last edited:

Bergkamp

Thanks, this is very interesting. Stopping with PMO has given me the exact same benefits as you describe. It has calmed down my nervous system, reduced anxiety and random adrenaline rushes, heart palpitations, and as a result from that it has greatly improved my fatigue, sleep and POTS. It has been an absolute game changer for me, and by far the most important measure I’ve taken (others are mostly the same as you describe, I also avoid video games, stimulating movies/series and most social encounters, and do a lot of pacing/resting/meditating to calm my ANS.

Looking forward to your update, as your situation sounds very similar to mine (I’m in a bit of a worse state than you though) !

Last edited by a moderator:

junkcrap50

Anyone think that the "mold retreats" of camping in the desert for 2 weeks, which some people see benefits from, is actually a mini dopamine fast instead of a mold avoidance? Could the benefits seen be due to upregulating dopamine receptors similar to No PMO?

I think resetting dopamine receptors can actually help a lot of CFS patients who may or may not do PMO.

Dufresne

almost there...
Anyone think that the "mold retreats" of camping in the desert for 2 weeks, which some people see benefits from, is actually a mini dopamine fast instead of a mold avoidance? Could the benefits seen be due to upregulating dopamine receptors similar to No PMO?

I think resetting dopamine receptors can actually help a lot of CFS patients who may or may not do PMO.

That wouldn't explain how mold avoiders feel worse immediately upon re-exposure.

I'll tell you, though, mold avoidance is absolutely essential to addressing my dopamine issues.

I started the PMO 4 or 5 days ago. Also, I should be caffeine free in a few days. My last vices. Should be interesting.

drob31

That wouldn't explain how mold avoiders feel worse immediately upon re-exposure.

I'll tell you, though, mold avoidance is absolutely essential to addressing my dopamine issues.

I started the PMO 4 or 5 days ago. Also, I should be caffeine free in a few days. My last vices. Should be interesting.

It's funny you mention this because avoiding caffeine, PMO, and resistance training are the 3 things combined that after about 10-14 days make me feel normal.

junkcrap50

I definitely think mold is a issue for CFS patients. But returning from the campsite in the desert and going back home where there is phone, internet, TV, etc. You are returning to a dopamine stimulating environment.

I just threw out the idea because I thought it could be a contributing factor. Could be a factor who mistakenly think they have a moldy environment.

HABS93

I definitely think mold is a issue for CFS patients. But returning from the campsite in the desert and going back home where there is phone, internet, TV, etc. You are returning to a dopamine stimulating environment.

I just threw out the idea because I thought it could be a contributing factor. Could be a factor who mistakenly think they have a moldy environment.
Highly unlikely the dopamine receptors need a break caffiene helps them increase especially while.on a walk. If you can't tolerate the caffiene you need to find out why. Someone who's spent years now researching these nerutransmitters. It's good to take breaks from orgasms . Enough to show you have willpower but unless you're doing cocaine and smoking weed everyday. Your receptors are fine.
Mold exposure would be a completely different topic although could down regulate dopamine but your problem would then be mold not dopamine