No "PMO" seems to have a huge impact on hpa-axis

drob31

First of all, this post is geared toward "adrenal fatigue," but it may have an impact on the hpa-axis even if there are more issues.

All of the reports, and there's 10's of thousands of them online ( https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/2r024e/18_weeks_of_no_pmo_what_its_like/ ) if you search, are anecdotal. Infact, "science" disagrees with this phenomena. I however have experienced it first hand. It's not a cure for anything, but it seems to help allot with allowing the HPA-axis to work better.

There are many theories for this:

• Zinc deficiency corrected
  • Cortisol levels normalized
  • Dopamine issues in brain corrected
  • Testosterone levels normalized

I'm not sure what the correct answer is, but the behavior itself is ubiquitous, and at the same time taboo. Also, I think the no-PMO is mainly focused on males. I'm not sure how it related to females. With that being said, I think it's the single most important thing to make my brain work better, and reduce symptoms than anything else.

@Hip

NotThisGuy

@drob31

Can u explain what symptoms improved?

I also read that sperm contains glutathion and carnitine... so maybe its not just hormone levels and HPA axis.

drob31

@drob31

Can u explain what symptoms improved?

I also read that sperm contains glutathion and carnitine... so maybe its not just hormone levels and HPA axis.
Basically mood and energy improve the most. I know it seems like a joke but the PMO thing is a huge movement. It's not the cause of ME, but it could cause CFS like symptoms due to either mineral difficiencies or a complex reaction from nuerotransmitters like dopamine. Some people also have an allergy to their own...

drob31

Here's the thing though. A very famous doctor in the nutrition world, Dr. Mariano claims that the reason no PMO helps is because when you PMO, it's pealing back a layer and exposing your symptoms, but PMO shouldn't cause these issues by itself.

The Chronicals

The '59 Sound
Here's the thing though. A very famous doctor in the nutrition world, Dr. Mariano claims that the reason no PMO helps is because when you PMO, it's pealing back a layer and exposing your symptoms, but PMO shouldn't cause these issues by itself.
Yet same doctor uses SSRI's , which basically farm the adrenals into exhaustion (been there, done that, done the five years withdrawal recovery)

drob31

Yet same doctor uses SSRI's , which basically farm the adrenals into exhaustion (been there, done that, done the five years withdrawal recovery)
Yeah, I don't agree with SSRI's either, or with everything he says, but he does have a good point about how PMO shouldn't give you CFS.

iwillwin1day

I did 1000 day of nofap in the past and got CES(chronic energy syndrome). I was having so much energy that I was working 18 hours a day without any tiredness!!! I miss those past days ........

Thinktank

@drob31 are you still doing no PMO?
I think it might benefit those whom are sensitive to stimuli. I notice my threshold to stimuli increases significantly when doing no PMO.

I get huge relapses from PMO. It causes PEM but predominantly a significant worsening of orthostatic intolerance and sympathetic overtone (adrenaline rushes, heart palps, etc.).

Honestly, of all lifestyle adjustments I made since getting ill (diet, resting, supplements etc.) quitting PMO has been the most beneficial.

drob31

I get huge relapses from PMO. It causes PEM but predominantly a significant worsening of orthostatic intolerance and sympathetic overtone (adrenaline rushes, heart palps, etc.).

Honestly, of all lifestyle adjustments I made since getting ill (diet, resting, supplements etc.) quitting PMO has been the most beneficial.

Personally I see this as related to the sensitivity/downregulation of dopamine receptors. Thyroid hormone at the right dose with the right timing seems to repair the whole feedback loop.