• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New, Improved Project ENOUGH!!! thread

Dreambirdie

work in progress
REQUEST OR DEMAND

The difference between these two is that when someone makes a REQUEST, that means they are willing to take either YES or NO for an answer. Whereas when one makes a DEMAND, they are not in the least bit willing to take a NO. In fact most, if not all, demands come with a hissy fit and guilt trip thrown in as a bonus package. And that's a real quick indicator of where a particular person is coming from.

I think it's good to remember that the discomfort felt by some of the other forum's members for "the way this forum is run," is not any different than the discomfort felt by some of us for the way certain people on that forum have behaved in regard to people here. In other words the discomfort is mutual.

Given that, I think EVERYONE both HERE and THERE has the absolute right to say no, without any more questions asked.

awol

Dreambirdie,

This post represents sabotage of an important activism project and is not the least bit appreciated.

awol

If someone has a problem with the other forum or has anything else to say that is NOT Project ENOUGH!!! please take it to another thread. Enough threads on this very good and useful project have already been destroyed. Thank-you.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Dreambirdie,

This post represents sabotage of an important activism project and is not the least bit appreciated.

Hardly. The sabotage is in your mind, not in reality.

I think my post is VERY valid, considering the circumstances, and your response to it just proves my point.

awol

No, it is not valid, because your post is about the other forum, and this thread is about my project. Stop the bickering. It is ridiculous.

V99

I believe that team 5 has done 2 rebuttals in the last few days. Yay!

And if anyone wants ideas on how to do a protest, here's a video, blog & pictures: http://peggymunson.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-awesome-friend-rivka-staged-one.html

Team 3 will probably find this inspiring.

silencelivingdeath.jpg

[video=youtube;ME764z_4vEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME764z_4vEY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I think what this discussion really indicates is the need for all of us in this small community to work together. I think its a good project, a very laudable project - I think it fits in very well the ME/CFS Awareness project...

Maybe these good projects will provide the impetus for us to find a way to work together :)

V99

I think what this discussion really indicates is the need for all of us in this small community to work together. I think its a good project, a very laudable project - I think it fits in very well the ME/CFS Awareness project...

Maybe these good projects will provide the impetus for us to find a way to work together :)

Absolutely, we can get things changed.

awol

UPDATE:

Team 2 has made some important progress in putting together a list of media contacts and getting their main points assembled.

taniaaust1

Impish

And THIS thread sums up nicely why Project ENOUGH!!! is badly needed.

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...ic-Theory-and-Get-Away-With-It-(Lots-of-info)

Please volunteer!

As I mentioned in my response to that post... Please don't link CFS to Polio Vaccine being the source of HIV. There is no scientific basis for that and it makes us look like loons.

I will help with Project Enough as time permits but ONLY if we stick to scientific fact and don't let crap like this (polio vaccine = HIV) into any efforts. Nothing will get us discounted by the media or scientists faster.

awol

The project has nothing to do with the article, but the pattern it describes of squelching any questioning or research on particular topics is certainly very relevant to us.

awol

Some people are apparently having trouble with registration. If you are a would-be participant in this project but have not received a confirmation email from registration, please send a note to this email address: wildaisyfl@yahoo.com

awol

UPDATE:

A mascot is rumoured to be in the works. Things are getting VERY serious over there!

Mark

I don't wish to distract this thread off-topic but regarding earlier comments by awol and v99: awol I'm sorry if I seemed to jump on you a bit with my post, I suppose I was interested in exploring issues around relations and co-ordination between the forums, which I guess is a related but separate issue. Sorry if I antagonised you. I didn't mean to imply that you had been unco-operative, I was really using a quote of yours to make a wider point. Rather than continue all this on a separate thread, if you think there's a separate discussion worth having there about inter-forum communication, I'd be interested.

v99 said: "I don't even know where you are getting your assumptions from", whereas my problem, v99. is that I don't know where you are getting your assumptions about my assumptions. I can't even guess what assumptions you are saying I am making, but it seems very likely to me that you are actually making assumptions about me, so I'd like to say that my intent here, as always, is constructive and co-operative.

It seemed to me that although you say the two projects have nothing to do with the forums they are hosted on, nevertheless project ENOUGH!!! is being hosted on the 'good science' forum, and that there is this underlying problem that some people from each forum refuse to visit the other, implying some duplications of effort. I thought that one thing we were exploring was the sharing of key relevant information between projects/forums.

Anyway the main thing I want to say is I am just trying to constructively ask how we can be more efficient about sharing information, so I'm sorry if my intent has been misunderstood.

To continue to try to be productive, perhaps this will be of interest to Team 3 for UK purposes...the Love Police in action...

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/812.html

I hope that's me back on topic now...

awol

The best way to get all the information is to be a member of both forums! Simple as that. From there it is easy enough to chose where your energy is best spent. Some will prefer it here, some will prefer it there. As they are quite different, this is an easy enough personal choice.

I have to say that it is awfully scientific over there, and one would probably need a few advanced degrees as well as a very rich sense of humour to adequately summarize it. So first hand is really best.

cheers,
awol

awol

Hello all,

I have many things to take care of both in my personal life and for this project. I will no longer be serving as the point person here for our efforts. If you have any questions about what we are doing, please ask V99.

Thanks for taking a look, and I hope to be working with you for everyone's benefit soon!

awol out.

awol

V99 has gone AWOL so I will do another update:

In the VERY serious mascot competition, Knackered is running uncontested. His Mulvy design resembles a freedom fighter battling robots and dinosaurs. Think you can beat that?