• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neuroinflammation in Patients with CFS/ME: PET study

Kati

Patient in training
hehehe
I meant something like "final diagnostic".
Something like, "hmm you have this symptoms, lets check for neuroinflamation... Yeah you have it. That's ME"
Neuroinflammation is present in many neurological conditions. Alzeimer's, Parkinson's, MS, and more. In my opinion, neuroinflammation is yet another clue that something is going wrong with us, and hopefully it gives researchers another clue about where to look and how.

Last edited:

Bob

Aerose91

Which were exactly? What was it written on the report?

Exactly what the publication showed
Screenshot_20160623-162755.jpg

Screenshot_20160623-162533.jpg

Screenshot_20160623-163630.png

Last edited:

Justin30

@Aerose91 does Dr Amen only work out if thay clinic in NY because he has clinics all over the country?

Do you know if he reviews all data?

Aerose91

@Justin30

I didnt see Dr Amen personally, just one of the psychiatrists that worked there (they're all psych.s because its principally that type of clinic).

I didn't tell him anything prior to the test because i didnt know anything for sure at that point. When he was going over the results with me i asked him what he thought it looked like and he said "mitochindrial disease" I then told him i likely had M.E. and he agreed.

Also worth noting- amen clinics has a scan model they use for "chronic fatigue syndrome" and mine looked nothing like it

Justin30

@Justin30

I didnt see Dr Amen personally, just one of the psychiatrists that worked there (they're all psych.s because its principally that type of clinic).

I didn't tell him anything prior to the test because i didnt know anything for sure at that point. When he was going over the results with me i asked him what he thought it looked like and he said "mitochindrial disease" I then told him i likely had M.E. and he agreed.

Also worth noting- amen clinics has a scan model they use for "chronic fatigue syndrome" and mine looked nothing like it

Wow....are you more severe or moderate mild?

Justin30

I prsonally think they should be using this technology and contacing Hyde and maybe even Amen to discern SPECT can reaults.

halcyon

Amen does not have the best reputation here in the medical community from what I've seen.

Justin30

In regards of symptoms? My brain is the worst of any M.E. patient ive spoken to or my doctor has seen.

I am really sorry to hear that. But with tegard to PEM etc. And you functional capacity to move around are those greatly affected? Thanks for sharing your reaults with us.

Justin30

Amen does not have the best reputation here in the medical community from what I've seen.

I have heard this as well. He does not publish work. But that being said he has done of 100,000 SPECT Scans and published many books.

Just a personal observation that many in the medical profession that work outside the box and/or very strictly within the box get somewhat of a tarnished name.