• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Negative IgM means no active infection?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Oops, no. I don't mean to be snotty here, but reactivation and replication are exactly the same thing.

Reactivation is the mechanism whereby a latent virus that has infected a host cell switches to a lytic stage, undergoing productive viral replication and allowing the virus to spread.
Virus reactivation: a panoramic view in human infections - NCBI

The issue is that even when a virus isn't replicating/reactivating , it's still quite busy inside your cells. Remember, it's doing its whole life, except for making babies.

Under normal circumstances, a latent, non-replicating virus, doesn't cause people any problems. Does it for us? maybe. Or maybe our immune systems are reacting abnormally to a latent virus.

Hopefully people like Dr. Prusty who are virus experts, will figure this out soon.

I probably didn't word it well, Dr Lerner had a word for 'viral particles', and they could also cause problems. Non permissive infection, I just had to look it up. I'm not sure his work has been replicated but he was quite successful in treating cfs.
I'm doing all this on my phone, so hard to look things up properly so I rely on my memory recall🤪.
Unfortunately I think alot of Dr Lerners theories etc went to the grave with him.
Don't feel snotty, it's good to push each other to find some answers. I'd say you are correct until the non permissive infection theory is replicated.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I probably didn't word it well, Dr Lerner had a word for 'viral particles', and they could also cause problems. Non permissive infection, I just had to look it up. I'm not sure his work has been replicated but he was quite successful in treating cfs.
I'm doing all this on my phone, so hard to look things up properly so I rely on my memory recall🤪.
Unfortunately I think alot of Dr Lerners theories etc went to the grave with him.
Don't feel snotty, it's good to push it other to find some answers. I'd say you are correct until the non permissive infection theory is replicated.
https://phoenixrising.me/myalgic-en...tiviral-treatment-study-0510-by-cort-johnson/

In general a virus needs to do four things to spread an infection in the body.
  1. penetrate a cell
  2. use the cells machinery to build more viruses
  3. l eave the cell and move into the bloodstream
  4. find another cell it can infect and start the process all over again.
Problems with the second step of the process – using the cells machinery to create more viruses – are where non-permissive infections show up.
Once they’re inside a cell viruses create a series of gene products or building blocks that are then pieced together to form the complete virus . In a nonpermissive infection the building block process gets stopped leaving the cells littered with bits of viral gene products. Dr. Lerner believes the herpesviruses in people with ME/CFS are able to create about a quarter of the building blocks needed to produce a new virus. He believes these viral gene products interfere with cell metabolism, weakening it and eventually probably causing it to die.
Most viral tests look for antibodies to proteins found on the envelope of the virus. This makes sense in an normal infection because the immune system is usually interacting with the proteins on the outside surface the virus. But if the virus is pumping out hordes of early gene products such tests will miss any evidence of infection.