My recovery story

Wow, that's a lot of potentially helpful information!

Could you edit your post to break it up into small, readable paragraphs? Some people have real trouble trying to read such large blocks of text.

Thanks for sharing.
Not sure how to do that. I did use paragraphs but it did not post that way.This seems to happen on a lot of sites.

Thanks Hip, I cannot wait to have it done now. I will definately update after the procedure.
Sam, how was surgery? Hope it went well.

Is anyone (ideally in UK, extra ideally a patient at Munro-Hall) able to share anything to do with prices for these procedures? I can't find anything online.

I have a few amalgam fillinga and approx 2 years ago had to have a deep one replaced. I don't think the dentist cleaned the site properly, I've had a minor abscess in my mouth ever since. It just sits under the gum, no pain but it's clearly there. There's no clear path coming from a tooth so my (new) dentist is reluctant to start pulling incase she takes the wrong one(s) and nothing resolves. We were looking at root canal for one and extraction for the other. It all got put on hold thanks to covid and now feeling less and less positive about it the more of this thread I've read...

Sam, how was surgery? Hope it went well.

Is anyone (ideally in UK, extra ideally a patient at Munro-Hall) able to share anything to do with prices for these procedures? I can't find anything online.

I have a few amalgam fillinga and approx 2 years ago had to have a deep one replaced. I don't think the dentist cleaned the site properly, I've had a minor abscess in my mouth ever since. It just sits under the gum, no pain but it's clearly there. There's no clear path coming from a tooth so my (new) dentist is reluctant to start pulling incase she takes the wrong one(s) and nothing resolves. We were looking at root canal for one and extraction for the other. It all got put on hold thanks to covid and now feeling less and less positive about it the more of this thread I've read...
Hi @kitten_crisps

The surgery went well. I cannot say I have had any vast improvement from my symptoms but it's still early days yet and it was something that I had to do.

I had 3 teeth pulled out and 3 cavitation sites, also had a few amalgam fillings replaced. It took 2 consecutive days. Most fillings replaced the first day and all the rest done on the second day.

For what I had done I thought I be in a lot more pain but the worst was the second day after the surgery then it wasn't to bad just a bit sore.

@kitten_crisps,I cannot seem to be able to message you to send you the prices.

I think we both must have privacy set up too tightly because I cant seem to msg you either. I changed my settings so it should be possible for you now. Ty
I still cannot message you. I don't think it's my settings as I have no issues with anyone else.

seamyb

I pity those who are hung up on the "CFS requires that there be no medical explanation". When a cure for CFS is finally found, and hence a medical explanation, these people might have to refuse said cure because they have a disease with a medical explanation and not CFS. Just pointing out the paradox.

The fact is, not having a medical explanation means that the disease is a catch-all for a set of symptoms. Fatigue with PEM and the host of others. I think the most important are the ones I mentioned for a diagnosis. Chronically of course. If this guy had them, he had CFS in my view. I dare say many of those who disagree do not have the same underlying cause or pathology as each other.