• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My fatigue is gone. My poisoned feeling, gone. PEM, what PEM?

vision blue

@Wishful thet makes sense. I think it affected my brain too - but for me not in a goid way. Caused headache and some other things that go along with hyperactice nerves in my head area.
Im sure ive asked you this before but how do your norepinephrine levels run?

Garz

taking a teaspoonful 2.25g daily really didn't agree with me -

but am trialling 2.25g each 3rd day and so far so good- no huge changes but a little bitt better energy and less ill feelings generally i think.

i also drove 150mls - around 3.5hrs car journey the other day - which in the past would give me PEM and headaches - and i survived it ok.

but i had been improving very gradually for a good while in any case - and its been a long time since a tested driving this far - so i cant say for certain if it was the cumin seed that helped - or whether my PEM is generally improving

Wishful

taking a teaspoonful 2.25g daily really didn't agree with me

I've had other things that didn't work if I took them daily, but did work if I took them less frequently. I took a dose and then waited until it stopped working, and eventually came up with the minimal dose and maximal delay between doses. Occasional retesting is useful in case your needs and responses change.

i also drove 150mls - around 3.5hrs car journey the other day - which in the past would give me PEM and headaches - and i survived it ok.

Cumin didn't affect my baseline ME symptoms, but it did block the PEM, but I only realized the blocking effect when I did something that should have triggered PEM and didn't get PEM. You'll have to do something that will reliably trigger PEM, and then try it again after taking cumin (or any other potential PEM-blocker). Cumin did relieve the symptoms of PEM if I forgot a dose and then took it after. It worked within a couple of hours of taking it.

If it is actually working as a PEM blocker for you, please post that.