• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mother cleared of attempted murder

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
The above mail article is truly heart-breaking to read. Everyone should read it.

Some of the comments on it are absolutely appalling though. In particular this one:

The whole story screams Munchausen's by proxy or a similar delusional state between mother and daughter. Most medical professionals will have seen enough to realise and pick up the clues running right through the article above.

ME is not a disease, it is a state of mind. Like the 98% of people who have been proven NOT to have a food allergy or sensitivity at all.

Cue the outraged nutters defending the undiagnosable and therefore sacrosanct..................................
- Ex NHS Surgeon, Middlesex UK, 28/1/2010 09:27
Sadly the above is not untypical of the kind of abuse faced by patients from certain quarters of the medical profession in this country.

Also this one:
ME is not a 'real' disease. its psychosomatic symptoms.

It used to be called bone idleness.

- John Bull, Dawlish, 28/1/2010 09:03