• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Money for CFS research via Pepsi Refresh project

justinreilly

Justin, think about this a minute. Your signature says BOYCOTT CAA in big bold letters...I don't think you're going to get very far with them....:)

Probably not, but that's ultimately their loss, imo; we could probably get them some funding if they cooperated.

They say I have "CFS" and maybe kinesiophobia and can be helped by CBT and GET etc etc so they shouldn't expect to get too far with me, but in this instance i think it would help everyone to cooperate.

Frank

Good news from P.A.N.D.O.R.A. (Marly Silverman): they will apply again for the Pepsi campaign for the month of July.

frenchtulip

I have been voting every day in the Pepsi Refresh contest. Last week I suddenly realized that the organization that won $250,000 in Aug. also won $250,000 in Dec. I got the impression that they had a voting alliance of some kind, which is fine. But it somehow struck me wrong that one small organization could win the big prize with two different projects. I phoned Pepsi and suggested a change in rules to allow an organization to win only one time--with one project. She seemed to understand the sense of unfairness I felt about the half million dollar win for one organization when there are so many worthwhile organizations who could also use the money. Last month there were over 80,000 thousand or so organizations trying to submit applications. It is very much like a lottery, she said. She didn't see how that system could be improved. She agreed to pass the suggestion about limiting winnings to one project per organization along to the contest officials and thanked me for providing feedback.