• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mobilty scooter success

Emmarose47

Hi
I'm just been out on my mobilty scooter 1st time in nearly a yr .
It was one of those ' I have to go out and I have to go now moments '.
I've been here before and often had severe and lengthy pay back . Ive learnt that I take the risk . Having stability and not crossing the line feels too restricting .

So in spite of what may ahead here's my experience ..

It was glorious I got to go along my road and see the sunshine and the hills . School children walking home from school and mums .
I went down the hill and saw differences to some houses since I last went out .
Past the old oak tree I stopped and admired its acorns and green lushness.

People smiling ( they do that with people on mobilty scooters . Me smiling back . Such a good feeling being part of society again to be seen . To feel who I am in relation to people . To matter .

I carried on to the main road and saw the green space ahead and the tree lined road .

Pausing and just looking I saw a mum come along telling her boy he can't have any more days off or she will get in trouble .

Smile .

Breathe

Fresh air .

I decide to head back ... Don't push it Emma .

So back up the hill I go admiring all I saw on the way down with a different view .

Pausing at the top of the hill before I turned into my street I viewed the distant hills again and the sunshine .

I lifted my head to the sky and said ' I'm in life ....

Promptly had a lay down when I got back . My blood pumping from the fresh air , stimulation and movement .

I feel more alive 2hrs later .

Like I went out ......🌻🌲🌿🧒

sunshine44

Que sera sera
wow, incredibly amazing. You must feel so empowered. Thank you for sharing with us. I felt like i could feel the breeze on my face and see the tree and hear the school children :heart:

Emmarose47

It's been a week and haven't had flare signs not to say they won't come but ? Hopeful ......