• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metabolic Trap//Who got worse on l-tryptophan?

Wishful

Did you take only cornstrach for 1 year ?

Pretty much. I made cornstarch pancakes, with a tsp or so of canola oil. No sugar, no toppings. Hot water was my beverage. Very very very boring diet, but I was trying to see whether avoiding TRP for long enough would change my symptoms. It didn't. :(

Shanti1

Administrator
Pretty much. I made cornstarch pancakes, with a tsp or so of canola oil. No sugar, no toppings. Hot water was my beverage. Very very very boring diet, but I was trying to see whether avoiding TRP for long enough would change my symptoms. It didn't.

That is impressive, and I thought my diet was restrictive! I'm sorry it didn't help, but thanks for sharing your results.

Was/is there a trial with some metabolite trying to fix the trap? The name of it is something like gyrunate, guryate, kyrunate or something like that.