• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Comic Series

WantedAlive

10 - Comic strip.jpg

Pyrrhus

Here's the next series of comics about experiences with 'George and his ME/CFS'. I'm endeavouring to find humour to draw attention to the challenges that patients experience, the absence of appropriate diagnostics and therapy, poor treatment, lack of funding and maybe even a slightly whacky take on the latest research. As mentioned feel free to offer ideas that might fit a 3-window comic for when I get around to another series. Enjoy!

Fantastic! :balloons:

Tom Kindlon

Here's the next series of comics about experiences with 'George and his ME/CFS'. I'm endeavouring to find humour to draw attention to the challenges that patients experience, the absence of appropriate diagnostics and therapy, poor treatment, lack of funding and maybe even a slightly whacky take on the latest research. As mentioned feel free to offer ideas that might fit a 3-window comic for when I get around to another series. Enjoy!

@Pyrrhus @wigglethemouse @Grigor @Tom Kindlon feel free to share the ones you like on your social media channels.

View attachment 44245
Thanks. I have started sharing them around, e.g.
Also here: https://www.facebook.com/TomKindlonMECFS/

Rufous McKinney

Love Acronymitis!

thats definately a REAL disease.

When my doctor finally diagnosed me with SEID (after a series of carefully unexecuted dianostic testing), he lept up and exclaimed to the receptionist: She has SAD She has SAD.

I was thinking he meant, the Seasonal Affective Disorder....I think I'll be cured, I'll get a sunlamp.

SnappingTurtle

Did I already mention I would love to see these on #MEaction t-shirts? It would be a non-confrontational way to spread awareness and maybe even start a conversation, assuming the person with ME is up to it.
I don't have the energy to do the research on how one gets started though.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Did I already mention I would love to see these on #MEaction t-shirts? It would be a non-confrontational way to spread awareness and maybe even start a conversation, assuming the person with ME is up to it.
I don't have the energy to do the research on how one gets started though.

@WantedAlive, have you heard about the merch by Amazon program? https://merch.amazon.com/landing?initialSessionID=143-7349421-7727947&ld=AZUSSOA-seemore

It would be neat to get the Acronymitis cartoon in a t-shirt but the others are nice as well.

(I am not affiliated with the merch by amazon program.)

vision blue

Will contributors get named credit if desired? (or a share of the royalties if it reaches that stage) I think youre asking for co-authors)

Some of them are really hilarious.

Since opposite to you, I get funnier the sicker I get, I have some ideas for you. Rattled off 6 right after I saw your post.; wrote the dialogue for all 3 panels. If you use them, how about adding "with Vision Blue" or add "...and Vision Blue" or "..& Visiion Blue to your name or " with each comic that you use?. Or if you're not feeling well, I can contact the illustrator you used on behalf of both of us. Is he very expensive?

anyway, i'm being serious and detailed because your strip is great and should be at least a book; other venues possible.

Last edited:

panckage

Love Acronymitis!

thats definately a REAL disease.

When my doctor finally diagnosed me with SEID (after a series of carefully unexecuted dianostic testing), he lept up and exclaimed to the receptionist: She has SAD She has SAD.

I was thinking he meant, the Seasonal Affective Disorder....I think I'll be cured, I'll get a sunlamp.
Well a sunlamp will brighten your day :rofl:

I just wanted to congratulate u for your work, I really enjoyed your comics, especially the one describing how lockdown has changed nothing in our lives.
I would also like to draw comics but I dont know how to do it if not by hand, plus headaches dont allow me to do much.
However my imagination is wild so if u want ideas...i will definitely have for u :)

Hope u are doing better every day.

Cheers from Greece

Hello there,
I've had a few comics done to capture some of my own experiences and observations during my journey with ME/CFS. Unfortunately, as I've become more severe, my ability to find humour has subsided, and I've run out of ideas. Maybe members can contribute some more ideas? If your ideas work as a comic, I might be able to get some more done. No promises though.

Here are some to get us started. Enjoy! Maybe with enough we can put them into a booklet for fundraising, use them with awareness campaigns, postcards for doctors, or even for new members with early onset ME/CFS. At the very least, I hope you get a laugh.

View attachment 40529