• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS a cardiovascular disease - Dr Claire Taylor

BrightCandle

For so many things proven to be wrong in ME/CFS and Long Covid bodies its astounding the lack of diagnosis and treatment. Just another biomarker to add to the list (a historical one and quite old at that) of things doctors wont use.

Mary

Moderator Resource
The 4th tweet into the string mentions Arnold Peckerman's paper
Abnormal impedance cardiography predicts symptom severity in chronic fatigue syndrome - PubMed (nih.gov)

I had 2 impedance cardiographies done around 2005-2007 I think and both were significantly abnormal, along the lines predicted by Peckerman. But I believe the devices and testing are very hard if not impossible to find now. But as @BrightCandle said, another biomarker that has gone ignored. It wasn't ignored by my doctor at the time - he was remarkably prescient and aware - but unfortunately died several years ago.

junkcrap50

I learned a few things from this thread. I never thought I ha POTS until I got a fitbit. But I guess I will have to take it more seriously now.