Long-term daily mHBOT and full recoveries w/ ongoing maintenance

Peyt

The other company is offering the Newlife (AIR NL-10 Oxygen Concentrator)
Can anyone explain what is considered good quality Concentrator? My use is for 1 person so I don't think I need the dual flow.

Peyt

I supplement with an oxygen mask. But I use a higher quality non-rebreather mask. Not the simple ambulance masks that you can find on amazon. I use this apparatus but I bought a more comfortable and better fitting mask with a strap. It essentially provides 100% oxygen.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/ccp8/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=clustero2kit

A face mask part more like this. Essentially this setup.

This link talks more about non-rebreather EWOT masks: http://biotoxinjourney.com/the-case-for-mild-hbot/#Masks_038_Cannulas
@junkcrap50
I just got my mask(same as the one you mentioned above). I did not get a strap with the mask. Did you buy that separately or did yours come with a strap??

junkcrap50

@junkcrap50
I just got my mask(same as the one you mentioned above). I did not get a strap with the mask. Did you buy that separately or did yours come with a strap??
No. It does not come with a mask. For cluster headaches, you just hold it to your mouth. I happened to have a CPAP mask strap that fit holding it, but you can buy an strap for it. You want to search for "anesthesia mask strap".

Peyt

No. It does not come with a mask. For cluster headaches, you just hold it to your mouth. I happened to have a CPAP mask strap that fit holding it, but you can buy an strap for it. You want to search for "anesthesia mask strap".
Can you please post the link for strap? I can't find any.

junkcrap50

He currently has the intensity 10 liter. How can you tell which concentrators are capable of pumping oxygen into the mask despite backpressure from the chamber?
The other company is offering the Newlife (AIR NL-10 Oxygen Concentrator)
Can anyone explain what is considered good quality Concentrator? My use is for 1 person so I don't think I need the dual flow.
The Newlife Air NL10 concentrater is a good quality concentrator. As for which concentrator is capable of pumping into the chamber despite back pressure, you have to just look up the specs of any particular concentrator. Try to find the output/outlet pressure. It just has to be higher than the pressure of the tank, which is 7-9psi. I would obviously try and find one who's outlet pressure is significantly higher. The AIR NL-10 (according here: https://www.oxygenconcentratorstore.com/airsep-intensity-10/) has an output pressure of 20psi, which is great.

I would also go with a 10L/min concentrator. If you use a non-rebreather mask, you will need a 10L/min concentrator to keep up with you breathing volume. 10L just nearly covers my breathing volume. If i take deep breaths, it can't keep up. If I breath normally and take time to "calm down", it keeps up no problem.

Peyt

Just wanted to give an update. I have been using the HBOT unit for about 10 days now. So far, the only improvement I have noticed is my headaches are gone. But this in itself is a big deal for me.
My headaches are as a result of poor blood flow to the head. I had a cranial doppler test done with a tilt table test less than a year ago which showed when I stand up for more than 10 minutes the blood flow to my head drops by 39% (measured by the drop in RMCA velocity) ... My guess is that the blood flow is the same but since it's more oxygenated its helping with the headaches.. But my heart rate is still fast and has not been helped so far. I hope to report more benefits in the future.

Has anyone gotten a blotchy rash as a result from HBOT?

I tried HBOT (pressure 2x) for my first time last week and came out with what the doctor said was livedo reticularis. Wondering if that response is due to EDS, herx, other reason...very curious to hear others' thoughts. Thank you!

Peyt

Has anyone gotten a blotchy rash as a result from HBOT?

I tried HBOT (pressure 2x) for my first time last week and came out with what the doctor said was livedo reticularis. Wondering if that response is due to EDS, herx, other reason...very curious to hear others' thoughts. Thank you!
I don't think that is a cause of trying Oxygen chamber itself.
Did you try this at a public place? Is livedo reticularis something that could be contracted?
The only thing I can think of is that this was a public place and the person who used the chamber before you had this rash and they did not clean the chamber prior to letting you use it... My experience with my oxygen chamber at home is been that any change happens very slowly (after at least 5-7 sessions).. I don't see how it could happen after just 1 session.