• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kambo for CFS??

Hip

Does anyone know the recommended dosage for micro dosing? If normal is 5-6 burn spots, would just one considered micro? I'm curious what is definition of micro dosing is.

I don't know, there does not seem to be much info online, and Jox did not specify what he did for his kambo microdosing.

But my guess is that microdosing would mean using just one burn spot, rather than the usual five or six.

Microdosing might also mean using a single burn spot that is smaller than usual (which presumably would then absorb less kambo). If you look at these kambo burn spots, some of them look larger than others. Some of the larger ones look as much as around 10 mm across, whereas the smaller ones look more like 5 mm.

So maybe in microdosing you could make a smaller single burn which is only say 2 or 3 mm across.

Having bought a stick of kambo around the beginning of January, I finally got around to try it.

I made a few test burns yesterday to figure out how it worked. While the stick is around 4mm in diameter, the burn marks are bigger at around 6 to 7 mm. Also the surface layer of my skin does peel off easily with a burning stick.

Today I tried the process. I made three burns and prepared a little more than 2 liters of electrolyte mixed with water. I sat on the toilet, planning to spend 30 minutes in the bathroom. Then I applied the dots of kambo one by one waiting a minute between each.

I did feel the relevant physical effects but found them underwhelming. The surge of heat and heartbeat scared me a little then went away in a few minutes. I was concerned and thought it would get worse. That was the worse of it.

I felt very close to vomiting but didn't actually vomit. My bowel was moving but nowhere to the degree expected. I end up having to go back to the bathroom twice well after the 30 minutes mark.

Based on the weak effects, there is the possibility that my stick of kambo is weak to begin with or degraded after nine months of storage. Or maybe this is what a 3 spots dose feels like after all.

I am feeling a little complicated now and will make an update next day.

Last edited:

Hip

Based on the weak effects, there is the possibility that my stick of kambo is weak to begin with or degraded after nine months of storage.

Apparently kambo sticks have a 1 year shelf life, so at 9 months, it may be that your stick is a little weaker than a fresh one.

As an alternative to burns, in 2012 I tried two experiments with snorting kambo:

I scrapped off some of the kambo residue from the kambo stick with a sharp knife, which then forms a powder. I then snorted 1 mg of this powder. The effects kicked in fast. These were the notes I made at the time:
The intranasal 1 mg kambo has a very fast acting effect: I went bright red as blood rushed to my skin (a bit like a niacin flush), and there was some increase in heart rate, plus a very, very slight feeling of nausea, and some intestinal rumblings, but nowhere near actually physically getting sick, only the mildest hint of it.

The whole thing lasted less than 5 minutes.

No mental state changes occurred at all during this experience: I remained calm, focused and mentally the same throughout. So there are no psychoactive effects to kambo, it seems.

The day after, my nasal passages were very mildly sore, but that cleared up within a day.

Note that snorting kambo is not recommended, because of the risk of catching an incurable infection contained in the kambo known as frog's disease. Because of this risk, I decided to sterilize my kambo powder by placing it in the oven at 170ºC for an hour (according to this article, that should sterilize the powder).

Then when I snorted another 1 mg of this sterilized kambo, I found that its effects were weakened (perhaps losing half its potency), but it still worked. That is to say, I still experienced the above acute effects, but not so strongly.

So this snorting of heat sterilized kambo may be a viable approach, providing that some of the important active ingredients are not destroyed (which I have no way of testing).

I did not snort higher doses of sterilized kambo sterilized higher than 1 mg.

To measure out 1 mg doses of sterilized kambo powder for snorting, I mixed the kambo powder with another fairly inert powder (I used inositol powder) at a ratio of 20 to 1. So then 20 mg of the mixture contains 1 mg of kambo. I weighed out this powder mixture on a digital scales with 1 mg accuracy.

Hip

By the way, if you have a kambo stick which you are not going to use for a while, I suspect it will be OK to store it in the freezer, to prevent slow degradation of the active ingredients. I've got my kambo stick in the freezer.

Repeated freeze/thawing the peptides in kambo might also degrade them, but I would imagine that one-off freeze/thawing will not cause much damage.

I don't know about snorting kambo. There's so many uncertainties such as different route of absorption and dosage, my instincts is to do it the old fashioned way.

My wet kambo stick dried quickly when put in the open, I don't think it will ever dry if I just put it in the fridge inside a ziplock bag.

At least with my freezer, moisture tend to seep into even seeming sealed bags. Maybe if you can keep it dry, cold storage is a good idea.

Hip

I don't know about snorting kambo. There's so many uncertainties such as different route of absorption and dosage, my instincts is to do it the old fashioned way.

The Amazonian tribesmen do sometimes snort kambo, so this is a known route of administration.

But these tribesmen are aware that snorting can sometimes cause the frog's disease. I was in contact with someone who regularly took Westerners to the Amazon for kambo treatment and ayahuasca trips. She was in contact with the tribesmen.

I asked her about the frog's disease, and she did not know much, but said she would ask the tribesmen about it next time she went to the Amazon. What the tribesmen told her about frog's disease is found at the bottom of my post here.

I suspect the reason these tribesmen normally use the burn method to administer kambo, rather than snorting, is because the immune activation caused by the burn on the skin may kill any infectious pathogens in the kambo.

I asked her about the frog's disease, and she did not know much, but said she would ask the tribesmen about it next time she went to the Amazon. What the tribesmen told her about frog's disease is found at the bottom of my post here.

I somehow missed this post. I am definitely making skin burns that are too deep.

Now that a day had passed, I am more sure about what is happening.

After the immediate effect of kambo had passed, it is as if my whole body had loosened up. Most of my symtoms seemed to have reduced in intensity (Headache, "Brain on fire", speech difficulties etc.). I can move my neck much more easily but I am less sure about my fatigue.

Is there any recommendations as to when should I apply my next dose?