• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kambo for CFS??

Well, I read one account of the intense vomiting caused by kambo, where they mentioned you can see yellowish liquid in the vomit, presumed to be bile. So you might certainly be cleaning out the gallbladder.
may ask if there is a place to source kambo powder? You can PM me if need be. Thanks

Hip

@Hip are you aware if Jox is still getting benefit from kambo? It would be interesting to hear an update from him

I have not seen any recent updates, but you can read his posts on the kambo.me forum. His last posts were in Feb 2016, where he explains he changed from using once a week full doses to daily low doses, and still gets all the benefits.

He first posted about his kambo remission in April 2012 (in this post). So we know that this remission was maintained for at least 4 years.

See my thread: From Bedbound to Fit and Able in 14 Days: Effects of the Amazonian Medicine Kambo on a CFS Patient for more details.

BenFromNZ

@Hip Thanks for pointing that out. I read the posts a couple of years ago, but too exhausted at the moment to look them up again. Didn't realize there had been a 4 year span, so yeah that is a good amount of time.

I bought some kambo back then when I read about it but found it really hard to go through with applying it myself and the terrible feeling that comes across you as the poison starts to work. I just instinctively rubbed it off. Would really like to find someone local who has experience to at least guide me through the first times.

Hip

I bought some kambo back then when I read about it but found it really hard to go through with applying it myself and the terrible feeling that comes across you as the poison starts to work.

I believe doing daily microdoses of kambo prevents the sudden purging from both ends (vomiting and diarrhea) that the full dose of kambo induces. Jox mentions that in this post.

And this site says:
A Kambo Micro-Dose invokes the spirit of the frog into your energetic body and is a great introduction to the medicine, especially for your first time! You will NOT feel the intense side affects (purging, a raise in heart rate, excessive heat, etc.) but you will feel the energetic affects and benefits (heightened senses, clear mind, clean slate).

Has anyone else benefitted from Kambo? I'm going to try it with a Kambo Shaman first then micro dose.

Was that person by any chance someone named Jox on the kambo.me forum? Some of Jox's threads on his kambo treatment for ME/CFS can be found here: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

I detail Jox's kambo treatment of his ME/CFS in this thread:
From Bedbound to Fit and Able in 14 Days: Effects of the Amazonian Medicine Kambo on a CFS Patient

I tried some low doses of kambo taken intranasally (snorting the powder into my nose), but did not have the courage to try the full dose (I snorted 1 mg of kambo, whereas the full dose is 15 to 20 mg of kambo powder).

Intranasal kambo works just as well as the burn method of administration, but intranasal kambo is definitely not recommended, as the Amazonian Indians have observed that snorting kambo occasionally leads to a disease they call the frog disease, presumably due to some microbial pathogens present in the kambo (kambo is the dried secretions from the giant leaf frog in the Amazon). The burn method however is considered safe.

One kambo practitioner known as Galega asked the Amazonian Indians about frog disease, and this is what they told her:

Hi Hip!

Have you benefitted from Kambo or saw any results?

Hip

Have you benefitted from Kambo or saw any results?

I have not tried kambo, except for a small test dose taken intranasally (NOT recommended, as it's risky: you can contract the viral frog's disease from intranasal administration). I don't like the idea of getting scars on the skin, nor the idea of purging at both ends, so have never taken a full dose. Though I understand from Jox that daily microdoses of kambo (which avoid the purging) are just as effective for ME/CFS as a weekly full dose.

I did try one of the active ingredients in kambo, dermorphin, and got some interesting results, as detailed in the first post in my kambo thread.

https://troyerstling.com/kambo-medicinal-frog-poison/

Has anyone ever tried Kambo for their CFS? I have a few friends with CFS as well as a girlfriend with Lupus who have all tried it. I don’t think I’m brave enough but they all say it’s wonderful?

There’s also compelling anecdotal evidence for kambo’s effectiveness in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). According to one sufferer, the secretion completely eliminates CFS symptoms when taken regularly

hi @Melissa89 but do you have anymore details about your friends in remission etc or more info?

super thanks!

Mine may be benign ans i have reason to think its ME/POTS/CCI related. I had right bundle branch block show up.
I need to have an echo ans some blood work to make sure I'm not havinga serious heart problem.
My tachycardia and pots are certainly better since mold avoidance but are still there

Would you try Kambo?

Hip

No way. Would try dermorphin tho

I know someone who's ordered some dermorphin to try from a Chinese supplier on www.alibaba.com, after reading about my experiment with dermorphin on the kambo thread. I will report his results, positive or negative, as soon as I hear them.

Dermorphin is not something I would suggest ME/CFS patients to try though, outside of a clinical trial, because doses are measured in micrograms, and there may be the potential to kill yourself with an opioid overdose if you get the dose wrong (ME/CFS brain fog would make such dosing mistakes easy).

Dermorphin is 30 to 40 times stronger than morphine; you only need 200 milligrams of morphine to induce a fatal overdose, so presumably something like 200 / 40 = 5 mg of dermorphin could kill you.

But I did experience some noticeable improvements in brain fog and sensory hypersensitivity which lasted for 3 days after a single 100 microgram intranasal dose of dermorphin. This is intriguing, as dermorphin has a very short half-life of only 1.3 minutes, so 10 minutes or so after taking it, this substance will have left your bloodstream. Yet I had very noticeable effects that lasted for 3 days.

I am not sure if it is possible, but one thought is that if dermorphin is overstimulating the opioid receptors during this 10 minutes, maybe afterwards the receptors down-regulate (since there is rapid tolerance build-up with opioids), and maybe it's actually the down-regulation that leads to the therapeutic effect. Then after a few days, the down-regulation wears off, and the therapeutic effect ends.

So potentially if you suffer from the chronic pain symptom of ME/CFS, perhaps dermorphin might make this pain worse, if it is down-regulating opioid receptors for a few days (since it's activation of the opioid receptors which reduces pain).

Having said that, this paper found that dermorphin was better than morphine for controlling post-operative pain in patients, and the analgesic effects of dermorphin were longer-lasting than morphine. Though this long-lasting effect of pain-relieving effect of dermorphin does not make sense to me, given its very short half-life.

Last edited:

Hip

One peptide in kambo that I wouldn't mind trying is sauvagine, which stimulates the adrenal cortex, and agonizes the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors.

Intriguingly, sauvagine is a hormone in the corticotropin-releasing factor family — the very same family as the experimental ME/CFS drug the Cortene Peptide (CT38).

So sauvagine might also potentially explain why Jox found kambo greatly improved his ME/CFS.

One peptide in kambo that I wouldn't mind trying is sauvagine, which stimulates the adrenal cortex, and agonizes the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors.

Intriguingly, sauvagine is a hormone in the corticotropin-releasing factor family — the very same family as the experimental ME/CFS drug the Cortene Peptide (CT38).

So sauvagine might also potentially explain why Jox found kambo greatly improved his ME/CFS.

Wow I just read about Cortene. Very interesting.

L
I know someone who's ordered some dermorphin to try from a Chinese supplier on www.alibaba.com, after reading about my experiment with dermorphin on the kambo thread. I will report his results, positive or negative, as soon as I hear them.

Dermorphin is not something I would suggest ME/CFS patients to try though, outside of a clinical trial, because doses are measured in micrograms, and there may be the potential to kill yourself with an opioid overdose if you get the dose wrong (ME/CFS brain fog would make such dosing mistakes easy).

Dermorphin is 30 to 40 times stronger than morphine; you only need 200 milligrams of morphine to induce a fatal overdose, so presumably something like 200 / 40 = 5 mg of dermorphin could kill you.

But I did experience some noticeable improvements in brain fog and sensory hypersensitivity which lasted for 3 days after a single 100 microgram intranasal dose of dermorphin. This is intriguing, as dermorphin has a very short half-life of only 1.3 minutes, so 10 minutes or so after taking it, this substance will have left your bloodstream. Yet I had very noticeable effects that lasted for 3 days.

I am not sure if it is possible, but one thought is that if dermorphin is overstimulating the opioid receptors during this 10 minutes, maybe afterwards the receptors down-regulate (since there is rapid tolerance build-up with opioids), and maybe it's actually the down-regulation that leads to the therapeutic effect. Then after a few days, the down-regulation wears off, and the therapeutic effect ends.

So potentially if you suffer from the chronic pain symptom of ME/CFS, perhaps dermorphin might make this pain worse, if it is down-regulating opioid receptors for a few days (since it's activation of the opioid receptors which reduces pain).

Having said that, this paper found that dermorphin was better than morphine for controlling post-operative pain in patients, and the analgesic effects of dermorphin were longer-lasting than morphine. Though this long-lasting effect of pain-relieving effect of dermorphin does not make sense to me, given its very short half-life.

I just hope it gets rid of the brain frog

I mean brain fog

I believe doing daily microdoses of kambo prevents the sudden purging from both ends (vomiting and diarrhea) that the full dose of kambo induces. Jox mentions that in this post.

And this site says:
Does anyone know the recommended dosage for micro dosing? If normal is 5-6 burn spots, would just one considered micro? I'm curious what is definition of micro dosing is.