• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Journal of Clinical Medicine Special Issue "CFS/ME: Diagnosis and Treatment" (2021)

Pyrrhus

Last edited:

godlovesatrier

I mentioned an ESR test higher up in this thread. Discussing and trying to get diagnostic tests. While it might not be officially a diagnostic test, there are doctors in New York who do use ESR with a few other tests to be sure the patient has ME. At any rate my ESR was 2 when it was tested a few months after I got sick. Interestingly a few months after I got sick my white blood cell count was very healthy, apart from a slight drop in lymphocytes. I found this ESR in my medical records last month and was surprised my GP had originally ordered it, possibly he suspected a low ESR for ME patients, but he never mentioned it at the time if he did.

SWAlexander

I’ll try to increase my potassium. See what happens. Honestly, I don’t. Waiting for my doc giving me Ketamine. Could take weeks.

If you can and if it feels right, add a little magnesium (powder water dissolving) with potasium and keep an eye on your blood sugar (posible unexpected changes). Works perfect for me.

SWAlexander

pattismith

Autoantibodies to Vasoregulative G-Protein-Coupled Receptors Correlate with Symptom Severity, Autonomic Dysfunction and Disability in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/10/16/3675

this is with the Celltrend test :thumbsup:

Here, we analyzed the correlations of symptom severity with levels of AAB to vasoregulative AdR, AChR and Endothelin-1 type A and B (ETA/B) and Angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor in a Berlin cohort of ME/CFS patients (n = 116) by ELISA.

The severity of disease, symptoms and autonomic dysfunction were assessed by questionnaires.

Results:

We found levels of most AABs significantly correlated with key symptoms of fatigue and muscle pain in patients with infection-triggered onset.

The severity of cognitive impairment correlated with AT1-R- and ETA-R-AAB and severity of gastrointestinal symptoms with alpha1/2-AdR-AAB.

In contrast, the patients with non-infection-triggered ME/CFS showed fewer and other correlations. Conclusion: Correlations of specific AAB against G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) with symptoms provide evidence for a role of these AAB or respective receptor pathways in disease pathomechanism