• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I've felt great for over a month... thought I should share what I'm taking

sometexan84

I don't remember feeling solid for this long w/out at LEAST 1 or 2 crap days sprinkled in. But I've felt great for well over a month now. And I HAVE been moving around a lot, enough in some situations where it should have caused PEM.

In case anyone's interested, this is my current supplement regimen, and what I've been taking throughout this time of bliss...

• Digestive Advantage Bacillus Coagulans probiotic - 1 AM (before breakfast)
  • Probiotic w/ lots of Lactobacillus and Bfidobacterium - 1 AM (before breakfast)
  • Alpha lipoic acid - 200mg - 1 AM (before breakfast) and 1 PM
  • B12 time release 1,000mcg - 1AM (before breakfast) and 1 late afernoon, not w/ Vit C
  • Optibac Immune Support probiotic L Casei 431 - 1AM (before breakfast)
  • L Reuteri Plus probiotic - 1AM (before breakfast)
  • B-6 100mg - 1AM (before breakfast)
  • Benfotiamine B-1 300mg - 1AM (before breakfast) and 1 afternoon
  • Bacillus subtilis probiotic gummies!! - 2AM (before breakfast)
  • Fiber (Dietary and Soluble in one) - 2 or 3 in AM (usually before breakfast)
  • Men's 1 a day multivit - 1AM (after breakfast)
  • D3 50mcg 2,000IU - 2AM (after breakfast)
  • Omega 3 1200mg EPA + 900mg DHA - 3AM (after breakfast) and 3PM
.... 1-2hrs later.....
  • Monolaurin 600mg - 1 AM, 1 PM
  • CoQ10 100mg - 1AM, 1 PM
  • CuraMed Turmeric/Curcumin 375mg - 3x 3/day (9 total)
  • Andrographis 1000mg - 2AM, 2PM
  • Silymarin Milk Thistle Extract 300mg - 1AM, 1PM
  • Ginkgo Biloba 120mg - 1AM, 1PM
.... 1 hr later.......
  • Selenium 200mcg - 1AM
  • Vit E 400IU 180 mg - 1AM, 1PM (take w/ selenium and Vit C)
  • Quercetin 1,000mg - 1AM, 1PM
  • Vit C 500mg - 2AM, 2PM

JES

Nice to hear. I wonder how much it's the probiotics and how much the rest. I've had some improvement with probiotics in the past, but usually it's temporary. Especially L. reuteri I believe is a possibly very useful one for some of us.

splusholia

Bit confused by the timings… you take half in the middle of the night? 3am is a pretty early breakfast! Interesting that it’s quite a lot of probiotics, especially in light of recent butyrate studies.

BrightCandle

Oddly I have been having the week of many years as well at the moment. I moved house and the move itself was just awful and I spent a lot of it lying on the floor with noise cancelling headphones on with vagus nerve stimulation music to keep me calm. But the house itself has problems, lots of problems that workmen were meant to solve so I haven't had a functioning kitchen and in the middle of the night I found my bed frame had been built wrong and was collapsing and I had to repair it, 0100 to 0600. I am being forced into exertion I just can't avoid and I am actually coping without any obvious signs of PEM. Still got baseline headaches and they are growing so I am probably borrowing from my future energy reserves but there was no way a couple of months ago I would be fitting a replacement tap and dealing with leaking stopcocks and broken central heating wiring.

Wishful

I am being forced into exertion I just can't avoid and I am actually coping without any obvious signs of PEM.

IIRC, the times when I was forced to do some task, the PEM was usually less or less likely to occur at all. There are probably different levels of hormones and other neurochemicals involved in forced challenges compared to unforced activities.

hapl808

noise cancelling headphones on with vagus nerve stimulation music to keep me calm

What kind of 'vagus nerve stimulation music' have you found helpful? I'm considering trialing beta blockers. I'm not particularly stressed during most days, but my Garmin shows awful HRV almost all the time. Every once in awhile it will look great, but I can't for the life of me figure out any correlation with food, sleep, supplements, mental activity, etc.

sometexan84

That's great to hear. Any thoughts on what supplements are doing the most heavy lifting?

I knew I was going to be asked that...

Honestly, idk if I even want to get into it, and make things more complicated for others than needed.... I just, sort of felt obligated to share it with y'all, in hopes that it helps someone else.

Last edited:

sometexan84

Nice to hear. I wonder how much it's the probiotics and how much the rest. I've had some improvement with probiotics in the past, but usually it's temporary. Especially L. reuteri I believe is a possibly very useful one for some of us.
All I can say is I've been tinkering w/ this stuff for 2+ yrs now... adding things, removing things, altering combinations and timing, and making temporary adjustments for whatever current situation I'm in (e.g. I prob would NOT be taking B subtilis right now if I didn't have Uveitis).

addressing what you say.... well, I wish I have a definitive answer but I don't. I think the probiotics have helped me a lot.

sometexan84

Glad to hear this texan.I was curious are you taking any antiviral or immunomodulating medications ?
Aside from some antiviral affects of some of the supps, no, I am not.

Took Valtrex for a long time, LDN for long time.. been prescribed lots of immunosuppressing drugs for my autoimmunity but I never take them, and do not plan to.

For those who follow what me and some others are doing, we are starting our treatment (which is certainly antiviral) in approx 1 month from now. If you're a PR member, you can view what I'm referring to here. Which reminds me, I have to update it.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
But I've felt great for well over a month now. And I HAVE been moving around a lot, enough in some situations where it should have caused PEM.

I'm so happy for you!!!

you take half in the middle of the night? 3am is a pretty early breakfast!

Actually some of us with sleep inversion are still up at 3am :( so I would have thought he was taking them at 3am like you did.

elvira

Can Ginkgo biloba be used together with antidepressants? I really want to try it but i’m on a (low) dose Venlafaxine.

Avenger

Concerning GFRT Probiotics,
this may be of interest; I had not fully realised that GFRT is a Probiotic Colonic treatment from the Dove Clinic and would not be affecing the small bowel; ''It is the process of implanting the beneficial intestinal bacteria and yeasts, from specific varied probiotic supplements, in significant quantities, not affecting the small intestine. I will have to try it if I can get funding. It has reportedly had a beneficial effect on the microbiome for ''Allergies, Asthma, Obesity, Cancer, Chronic. Fatigue Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Ulcerative Colitis.''

GFRT - Gut Flora Replacement Therapy - The Dove Clinic