We can get Peginterferon Lambda now!!!

sometexan84

Everyone knows how much I believe in Peginterferon Lambda (IFN-λ) for ME/CFS treatment.

I finally found an affordable source.

It is being customized. So please message me if you're interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a summary of Peginterferon Lambda, and some other links that show why this is so important...

Enterovirus in ME/CFS
  • Dr. John Chia finds persistent Enterovirus B (Coxsackie B and/or Echovirus) in nearly all of his ME/CFS patients.
  • He also found that treating these infections, 100% symptom relief completely paralleled with Enterovirus B antibody titers (eradicating the virus resulted in complete remission)
  • This is confirmed here in the Phoenix Rising forum as the vast majority who have tested for Coxsackie B and Echovirus via ARUP (only accurate lab for this test) have high antibody titers to 1 or more of the following...
    • Coxsackie B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6
    • Echovirus 6, 7, 9, 11, 30

Chronic Enterovirus B is usually in your gut (GI tract)*
  • Enteroviruses invade gut/intestinal mucosa, as this is a reservoir for viral persistence. The mucosa consists of epithelial cells
  • Enterovirus found in parietal cells of ME/CFS patients. (Parietal cells are epithelial cells)
  • Again, Enterovirus targets the gastrointestinal epithelium
  • GI Tract, or intestinal epithelium, or intestinal mucosa, all same thing

(GI tract) Intestinal epithelial cells are infected
  • IEC (intestinal epithelial cells) – those in the GI tract (aka barrier, aka mucosa, aka epithelium etc)

GI tract secretes IFN to destroy infection

Enterovirus B eliminated successfully by IFN

but wait... Coxsackie BLOCKS IFN III (lambda)
  • But Coxsackie B evades host’s immune response in the intestine by preventing type I and III IFN expression in epithelial cells
  • CVB cleaves proteins in infected intestinal epithelial cells, blocking IFN III expression.
  • Thus, evading immune response

Peginterferon lambda (IFN III) to the rescue

The Enterovirus Theory of Disease Etiology in ME/CFS: A Critical Review (O'Neal and Hanson, 2021)

Video Dr. Byron Hyde - Enterovirus theory?

Last edited:
Chronic Enterovirus B
do you think it could be causing a viral gastroperesis? (I get recurrent bouts of this thing, not involving the intestines, which nobody seems capable of diagnosing).

Everyone knows how much I believe in Peginterferon Lambda (IFN-λ)
This everybody does not know that, but then I'm not able to track the resumes of all of us here.

Do you have to have a diagnosis to try getting treated with this lamba?

sometexan84

do you think it could be causing a viral gastroperesis? (I get recurrent bouts of this thing, not involving the intestines, which nobody seems capable of diagnosing).
1,000,000% yes

This everybody does not know that, but then I'm not able to track the resumes of all of us here.

Do you have to have a diagnosis to try getting treated with this lamba?
lol

This isn't something vetted by doctors. It's just something I believe in and so then I worked hard to get it. Anyone that wants to is welcome aboard.

sometexan84

We are now up to 22 ME/CFS / Long Covid participants!!
EDIT: 27

If interested, there is a massive conversation regarding this PEG IFN Lambda treatment in the ME/CFS Discord group, a lot of which can't be discussed here. (also includes detailed FAQs about this treatment, how it works, what it's for, etc etc)

Message me to request an invite link.

PS: We will be documenting and collecting as much data as possible throughout, as it may impact future studies and treatment in a big way

Last edited:

sometexan84

so this is a potential treatment for people who have tested positive for enterovirus.....that's not me, unfortunately. but couldnt FMT also treat/cure enterovirus by crowding it out?
"couldnt FMT also treat/cure enterovirus by crowding it out?"

That's a very smart thought.

For those unfamiliar, fecal microbiota transplant (FMT) is stool from a healthy donor transferred into sick persons colon.

I've spoke w/ others about FMT, it sounds somewhat promising. If someone did FMT and a biopsy no longer showed signs of Enterovirus, I would not be super shocked. That said, I think it showed that a patient w/ chronic norovirus had no benefit from FMT. (norovirus is very similar to enterovirus)

The way I see it, if FMT was able to completely clear the EV infection, it would be indirectly. If FTM completely optimized your gut microbiome all of a sudden, it would positively impact your intestinal epithelium and gut mucosa immunity. Could possibly be enough to finish it off.

Either the optimized gut microbiota would help eradicate EV infection in the GI epithelium... or it wouldn't be enough, which would eventually allow EV to gain hold once again, and eventually your gut microbiome would return to its previously unhealthy state.

"so this is a potential treatment for people who have tested positive for enterovirus "

No, I believe this is potential treatment for at least 80% of those w/ ME/CFS and 90%+ of those w/ Long Covid.

Many have tested EV w/ wrong lab. The majority of ME/CFS who used ARUP (and I think there are 1 or 2 in Europe) have tested positive for Coxsackie B and/or Echovirus. ARUP is only lab in U.S. that can detect the persistent EV infection found in ME/CFS. (Quest, labcorp, etc are no good)

So, there's that.

Then you have cases like @EddieB which was a very odd situation, where he used ARUP labs but tested negative... and LATER had stomach biopsy stained for Enterovirus via Dr. John Chia's lab and turns out it's extremely positive.

This is because there are many Enterovirus strains, there's a bunch of strains that aren't included in ARUP labs tests or any other lab in existence at this point. There's also new EV strains still being discovered.

sometexan84

Regular interferon, as treatment for Hep C, for instance, was considered risky and lot of side effects includign the potential to give you autoimmune disorders.....

Is this Peg Lamba safer?
Yes it is! That's what's great about it.

Other interferons act throughout the whole body. PEGlambda is safer because it only acts at the barrier sites, like the epithelium of the intestines, liver, brain, respiratory tract, etc.

It's also already been tried in thousands of humans, mostly for Hepatitis. So yea, it's safe.

sometexan84

Here's some of the Peginterferon Lambda FAQ from the ME/CFS Discord channel. I can't post everything as some of it goes against the guidelines in the forum.

Q: Is IFN Lambda also effective against herpes viruses?
A:
First off, it's very important to remember that shutting down the SARS-CoV-2 and Enterovirus B infection is going to restore gut health and normal immune function. So, something like EBV that became reactivated, will no longer be an active infection, as T-cell development and function return to normal. EBV will reassume a latent (non-active) state.

IFNλ may have antiviral activity against Cytomegalovirus, HSV1, HSV2, EBV, HHV6B, and VZV

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2017.01707/full
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26677065/
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0038683 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28647346/

Q: Why is Pegylated IFN better than normal IFN?
A:
So the “normal” or standard version would be the recombinant human lambda protein. My chemist friend told me they refer to it as “naked” in the field. They take this “normal” version, and PEGylate it by attaching polyethylene glycol (PEG) to a certain site/position in the amino acid sequence. This is done to make it last longer in the body. Pegylated interferons have proven to be far superior to the “naked” protein.

More info - https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/407963_5

Q: Why haven't there been more studies on enterovirus in ME/CFS?
A:
Article from June, 2021.

The Enterovirus Theory of Disease Etiology in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Critical Review
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2021.688486/full

This article explains the lack of recent studies on EV in CFS. A lot of it is inconsistent results, which the article goes over in depth. Inconsistent results are largely due to the fact that this is a low-level, low-replicating infection. Very hard to detect. For example, studies basing everything on viral detection in the muscle tissue, or blood PBMC... though studies like this tend to show higher results in ME/CFS compared to controls, it's still misleading as these are the wrong target sites. You'll also notice inconsistent methods used, as well as viral protein detection.

Q: What if EBV is at the heart which reduces immune surveillance and that's why enterovirus also 'activates' ? I say this because EBV has been much more linked with CFS than enteroviruses"
A:
There is more than one answer to this.

But firstly, prob most important, is that Enterovirus isn't a latent infection that can become completely dormant, and then later reactive. EBV can.

Another proof of evidence is the fact that EBV isn't found nearly as often as Enterovirus. In fact, nothing comes close to Enterovirus, when you put all the studies together. Enterovirus is by far the the #1, well above HHV-6 and EVB, which are the the 2nd and 3rd most frequently found.

And in the Long Covid, from SARS-CoV-2, they've found EBV reactivates. But since they already know it's from SARS-CoV-2, they can easily rule out EBV as the cause. And SARS-CoV-2 is the same type of positive sense single stranded RNA virus as Enterovirus B, w/ the persistent infection.

Investigation of Long COVID Prevalence and Its Relationship to Epstein-Barr Virus Reactivation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8233978/

That's the study, where 67% Long Covid patients had reactivated EBV versus 10% controls.

In fact, Enterovirus has been linked to ME/CFS about twice as much as EBV, based on the actual studies. I put all the data together at one point. I even filtered out studies that had the wrong measurements, and was completely unbiased back when I did this.

Q: What are the potential side effects or dangers?
A:
While no one has used this drug to try and treat Enterovirus, ME/CFS, etc, it's been used plenty on humans already. It's mostly been done on people w/ Hepatitis C and Delta.

Side effects are minimal, at the 180ug dose. That said, you will NOT treat your infections without symptoms. If you have no symptoms from a treatment, there is no way it's working.

Q:. Is there any study so far showing efficacy for Long Covid?
A:
There are no studies showing the efficacy of Peginterferon Lambda for Enterovirus, SARS-CoV-2, ME, CFS, or Long Covid. Sorry, but they do not yet exist. If they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The science is sound.

If we're talking SARS-CoV-2, they've already found that is lingers in the gut, just like Enterovirus in ME/CFS. Largely, the Long Covid research is simply regurgitating the last 10 years of ME/CFS. SARS-CoV-2 has the same proteases cleaving cellular protein to shut off Interferon production, because it is just as sensitive to Type III IFN (lambda) as Enterovirus is. It has the same tropism for epithelial cells. It's causing all the same symptoms, including autoimmunity due to low-level persistent infection. Peginterferon Lambda will stop SARS-CoV-2 replication.

Q: Can I be on corticosteroids while doing IFN lambda?
A:
no

Q: what is the evidence of the EV infection in the gut being the cause of everything? Couldn't the reservoir be inside the brain in some patients?
A:
In a nutshell, the gut is already known to be EV's reservoir.

As for the brain, when you look at all the ssRNA+ viruses as a whole group, like the ones that can cause persistent infection, you notice how they all act very similarly. And while most of them CAN infect the brain, they usually don't. They can also infect the heart, muscle tissue, CSF... But it's almost ALWAYS in the gut, if not literally always.

And there's plenty of info online that describes how the persistent infection in the intestinal epithelium can directly and/or indirectly cause all symptoms. I strongly recommend researching the Gut-Brain axis (and link between CNS and Enteric Nervous System), as it's strongly involved in HPA axis, autonomic dysfunction, the immune system, and cytokines.

And you can even go a step further and look into how the gut microbiome is involved in all of that, and how Enterovirus fits in.

Q: Do you believe lambda will work on EV in the stomach too or only intestine?
A:
Like in Chia's studies mentioning "stomach biopsy", he's usually referring to the antrum, I think that's the site of his stomach biopsies.

The antrum is like bottom of stomach, top of GI tract or small intestine. The virus actually isn't in the stomach itself. EV actually targets the Gastrointestinal Epithelium, which is probably the most accurate term to use here.

Q: How does the peginterferon Lambda 1a work...or where can I read info about it?
A:
Peginterferon Lambda 1a stimulates antiviral activity in certain "barrier" sites in the body. These are "Epithelial Barriers", it's like the outer barrier of the GI tract, respiratory tract, the blood brain barrier, etc.

Enterovirus B (Coxsackie B and Echovirus) can form persistent infections in the Intestinal epithelium. This type of infection is commonly found in CFS.

PEGIFN Lambda 1a is conjugate of recombinant human IL29 (Type III Interferon, Lambda), which naturally occurs in the body. This IFN has a very strong antiviral effect on EVB. It also has strong antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2, Norovirus, Hepatitis C, Hep Delta, as well as other enteric RNA viral infections. PEG-IFN lambda 1a has been shown to be especially effective against the persistent/chronic forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

bread.

Q: Does lambda work in the brain too?
A:
It will work on the blood brain barrier. But you don't need it to work in the brain. To relieve the typical ME CFS symptoms, it's all about curing the gut. After that, your immune system will recalibrate and all of your other infections like EBV, it will ALL disappear.
I think that is far from being as certain as you think, unfortunately.

Other than that, thank you and keep us updated about the progress please!

Daffodil

"couldnt FMT also treat/cure enterovirus by crowding it out?"

That's a very smart thought.

For those unfamiliar, fecal microbiota transplant (FMT) is stool from a healthy donor transferred into sick persons colon.

I've spoke w/ others about FMT, it sounds somewhat promising. If someone did FMT and a biopsy no longer showed signs of Enterovirus, I would not be super shocked. That said, I think it showed that a patient w/ chronic norovirus had no benefit from FMT. (norovirus is very similar to enterovirus)

The way I see it, if FMT was able to completely clear the EV infection, it would be indirectly. If FTM completely optimized your gut microbiome all of a sudden, it would positively impact your intestinal epithelium and gut mucosa immunity. Could possibly be enough to finish it off.

Either the optimized gut microbiota would help eradicate EV infection in the GI epithelium... or it wouldn't be enough, which would eventually allow EV to gain hold once again, and eventually your gut microbiome would return to its previously unhealthy state.

"so this is a potential treatment for people who have tested positive for enterovirus "

No, I believe this is potential treatment for at least 80% of those w/ ME/CFS and 90%+ of those w/ Long Covid.

Many have tested EV w/ wrong lab. The majority of ME/CFS who used ARUP (and I think there are 1 or 2 in Europe) have tested positive for Coxsackie B and/or Echovirus. ARUP is only lab in U.S. that can detect the persistent EV infection found in ME/CFS. (Quest, labcorp, etc are no good)

So, there's that.

Then you have cases like @EddieB which was a very odd situation, where he used ARUP labs but tested negative... and LATER had stomach biopsy stained for Enterovirus via Dr. John Chia's lab and turns out it's extremely positive.

This is because there are many Enterovirus strains, there's a bunch of strains that aren't included in ARUP labs tests or any other lab in existence at this point. There's also new EV strains still being discovered.
thanks for the info. the problem is, all of these theories where its always possible you have it despite all the lab tests.....have ruined me over the last 3 decades. the things i have done....including neck surgery!...have been to my detriment. the only thing i have ever experienced a little improvement with (Aside from tenofovir for some reason), is long term antibiotic use. like 6 - 7 yrs of it. I have finally been able to stop them without becoming deathly ill again (still sick though) is with some FMT........ :-/ I had never been able to stop them before. I would become completely bed ridden and even have trouble breathing sometimes...if I tried to stop them. Now, I am off them and remaining at the same level of illness. I am trying to find a way to continue the FMT.

By the way, enemas didnt help me stop the meds, but poop capsules did. interesting