• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is Apheresis an effective treatment for Long Covid and ME?

Countrygirl

Very exciting development, I will watch with interest.
@Countrygirl my beautiful friend ❤ ❤🤗 how have you been? Will dm you when I feel up to writing more 😘

Molly, I thought you had left the planet.

How lovely to hear from you!!

Hope you are hangin' together, or, at least, like the curate's egg, good in parts.:hug::hug:

Countrygirl

Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10695770/

. 1999 Oct;10(7):435-8.
doi: 10.1097/00001721-199910000-00006.
Chronic fatigue syndrome and/or fibromyalgia as a variation of antiphospholipid antibody syndrome: an explanatory model and approach to laboratory diagnosis
D Berg 1, L H Berg, J Couvaras, H Harrison
Affiliations expand
Abstract
Chronic Fatigue and/or Fibromyalgia have long been diseases without definition. An explanatory model of coagulation activation has been demonstrated through use of the ISAC panel of five tests, including, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin Fragment 1+2, Thrombin/ AntiThrombin Complexes, Soluble Fibrin Monomer, and Platelet Activation by flow cytometry. These tests show low level coagulation activation from immunoglobulins (Igs) as demonstrated by Anti-B2GPI antibodies, which allows classification of these diseases as a type of antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. The ISAC panel allows testing for diagnosis as well as monitoring for anticoagulation protocols in these patients.
Similar articles

perrier

Here is a definition which might help clarify a little :
Definitions
  • Apheresis is the general technique of extracorporeal blood purification whereby one constituent is removed and the remainder is returned to the patient
  • removal may involve centrifugation or filtration
  • Cytapheresis is removal of cellular components from the blood
  • Plasmapheresis is a subset of apheresis whereby plasma is removed; this is termed ‘plasma exchange’ when host plasma discarded and replaced by donor plasma or an alternative colloid
https://litfl.com/apheresis-plasmapheresis-and-plasma-exchange/

------------------------

SWAlexander

How do you explain to a stubbern 36 y.o. auto-mechanc (in school to make his master) with visable symptoms since May for muscle weekness (arms and legs), that he needs a blood test?

This is how did it.
Your car looks good from the out side. Your car runs well until someone puts a pound of sugar, or something like it, into the tank. What would you do, I asked?
His answer was technical but to the piónt.
Yes I said, and blood is the gasolin for our body. Checking for blood clots, or have at least a D-Dimere test, cannot harm.
Unfortunatly he have not seen a doctor yet and his symptoms getting worse.

SWAlexander

Here is a definition which might help clarify a little :
Definitions
  • Apheresis is the general technique of extracorporeal blood purification whereby one constituent is removed and the remainder is returned to the patient
  • removal may involve centrifugation or filtration
  • Cytapheresis is removal of cellular components from the blood
  • Plasmapheresis is a subset of apheresis whereby plasma is removed; this is termed ‘plasma exchange’ when host plasma discarded and replaced by donor plasma or an alternative colloid
https://litfl.com/apheresis-plasmapheresis-and-plasma-exchange/

------------------------
Accordng to Dr. Beate Jaeger, Apheresis is done in Germany for the last 30 years.

J.G

This is very exciting. As others have said, "sticky" or "thick" blood is an old finding in MECFS. Wouldn't it be something if a combination of impaired red blood cell deformability and these microclots conspire to impede oxygen exchange in capillaries... For me personally, multiple phlebotomists have commented that my blood is "certainly not thin". Cause, of yet, unknown.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Dr Khan says that the oxygen saturation was low in his case, and he says that a simple monitor can detect the levels. These monitors cost very little and are available on every amazon. But from having used this monitor on our family member, the saturation was not really in the critical zone as Dr. Khan had.
Is it really the normal pulse O2 oximeter he talks about? Because afaik that’s being used in every clinic so that would have been discovered immediately… in general when you have a very low oxigen level you get intranasal O2 or being referred to the ICU

perrier

Is it really the normal pulse O2 oximeter he talks about? Because afaik that’s being used in every clinic so that would have been discovered immediately… in general when you have a very low oxigen level you get intranasal O2 or being referred to the ICU
Well, yes, Martin, that is what I am wondering about also. Someone please clarify. Thank you

Irat

Thanks for posting. Would you be able to give some more details about what happed to these patients. Thankd
Different outcomes.some got relief,some got worse,side effekts are detox symptoms,..but non healed..and the costs for not knowing the outcome are horrendous.but who can afford it,go for it. Same with sanazon therapy,there was a woman on German tv who healed completely with it,and others in our group tried it too,but no success...

Last edited: