• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Indirect ME/CFS improvement possible through more testosterone?

Hello,

I would like to test Clomid / Clomiphene for my low hormone levels.

(I have made a detailed post in the hormone thread at the same time)

I ask myself the following, in addition to the possible improvement in symptoms due to the hormone deficiency, is it possible that more / a lot of testosterone can have a positive influence on ME.

For the following reasons:

- More testosterone improves the transport of oxygen into the cells and thereby improves maybe the weakness, exhaustion and muscles function.

- Testosterone is very important for collagen synthesis, so for the purpose of cervical spine CCI / AAI, TC/OTC etc.

- Testosterone inhibits the immune system and works against autoimmune inflammation. Since the immune system is in many ME cases including my case overactive, it could also be a good thing..

(Apparently testosterone should have many other positive influences on the body systems such as the nervous system/ vegetative nervous system etc., but I have now just listed 3 things that are primarily with Me I think.

-> So now the question of whether someone has ever tested Clomid or testosterone replacement therapy and had the feeling that, in addition to the hormone symptoms, it also has a general positive influence on the ME / immune system symptoms, if it's anyhow possible to differentiate that.

Thanks in advance and for reading!

Best regards
Joel

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Nope.
I have to take it daily since i have a deficiency, ME is still getting worse :(
It only addresses the symptoms of low testosterone.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Offhand i do not know.
No known reason why the low value unfortunately :(
And never head of Clomid. I was told testosterone gel or injection is the treatment