• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Bob: A tribute from his friends

geraldt52

Hi, I’m Robs sister, it’s lovely reading all your comments, I knew he did some ‘stuff’ on forums but never knew the extent of it...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, @vickster...it is our loss as well. Bob was as kind and patient a person as I've ever encountered, and the way that he was treated by the medical community in his worst time of need was deplorable. I'm sure that we all wish that we could tell him how much he meant to us, but we'll have to be satisfied with telling you...

Ember

HomeMembers>Bob>
558.jpg

Last Activity:
Feb 28, 2018
I remember Bob’s sense of accomplishment when he saw that he had notched 10,000 posts on Phoenix Rising! Take a look at his post and others commemorating that happy occasion. Mark suggested that Bob be considered a ‘hero member:’ :rocket::star:
Congratulations Bob, an my apologies that we aren't yet set up to recognise such milestones; I think a new category of 'hero member' might be appropriate...:D

Countrygirl

29343224_999450403536418_3995739737691258880_n.jpg

Tom has posted this photo of Bob. It is good to see to whom I was talking on the phone at last.

What a terrible loss Bob is to us and how tragic his passing is for his family.

He is one of our heroes.

Thank you for all you did for this community, Bob, and I am deeply saddened to hear how you were so badly and inhumanely treated by the medical profession.

God bless Bob! R.I.P.

Last edited:

Mel9

29343224_999450403536418_3995739737691258880_n.jpg

Tom has posted this photo of Bob. It is good to see to whom I was talking on the phone at last.

What a terrible loss Bob is to us and how tragic his passing is for his family.

He is one of our heroes.

Thank you for all you did for this community, Bob, and I am deeply saddened to hear how you were so badly and inhumanely treated by the medical profession.

God bless Bob! R.I.P.

Tears

Countrygirl

Is this the paper of which Bob is listed as co-author which is due out late March?

1. Pinned Tweet
    Tom Kindlon‏@TomKindlon 1h1 hour ago
    More
    If any journalists would like a copy of this press release and the embargoed paper, just send me an email at tomkindlon at irishmecfs dot org Please RT #MEcfs #CFS #MyalgicE #MyalgicEncephalomyelitis #ChronicFatigueSyndrome

DYrHhdDW0AEep--.jpg

2 replies22 retweets20 likes

Direct message
  2. Tom Kindlon Retweeted
    James C.Coyne‏@CoyneoftheRealm 54m54 minutes ago
    More
    James C.Coyne Retweeted Tom Kindlon

This fine paper was published in BMC Psychology which requires signed reviews, to be published with the paper. You can peek in on the transparent editorial process of original submission, reviews, and revisions leading up to the final version. Disclosure: I was a reviewer.

James C.Coyne added,

Gingergrrl

Graham and other friends of Bob, have written a tribute. He asked that his first post in this thread be replaced with this tribute. Here is a link to the updated first post:

Beautiful tribute @Graham (and to all of Bob's other family and friends). Bob had very kind eyes and a nice smile in spite of how ill he clearly felt and how much he suffered. In my very brief conversations with him here on PR, his sense of humor always shined through as was written in the tribute. Once the inquest is over and the memorial service is in place, please keep us informed how we can pay a proper tribute to Bob.

bertiedog

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I might be being a bit thick but I don't fully understand how one puts up a post on the Kudoboard. It asks for the person's email etc?
HOW TO ADD YOUR OWN MESSAGE

Don’t worry - you don't need to register or give your email address.

1. Click on ‘ADD KUDO/IMAGE/VIDEO’ in the grey bar at the top (a 'Kudo' is a written message).

2. Type your message in the textbox that appears.

Optional: If you want to add a picture, click ‘ADD IMAGE’ above the textbox. Click ‘UPLOAD IMAGE’ and then ‘CHOOSE FILE’ to use an image from your computer or phone, or 'PICTURE LIBRARY' to use an image supplied by Kudoboards (perhaps from the 'sympathy' section). If you scroll down, you'll see the textbox is still there.

3. You don't have to enter your email address (but if you do, it means you can go back and edit your message later). Click ‘NEXT’.

A message will appear asking if you’re sure you don’t want to give your email address. If you still don’t, click ‘SKIP EMAIL’.

4. A message will appear asking what name you’d like to give. You don’t have to give your real name, and can give only one name rather than a first and last name.

Enter the name you’d like to give, and click ‘POST’. Your message will appear on the Kudoboard.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m Robs sister, it’s lovely reading all your comments, I knew he did some ‘stuff’ on forums but never knew the extent of it.
Myself or Graham will let you know when rob’s Funeral is, we’re not sure on a date yet.

Hi Vicky, I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your, and your family's, loss. My sincerest condolences.
I didn't know Bob personally but, from all I've read, he was one in a million and will be greatly missed. What a terrible state of affairs. It's just heartbreaking.
May Bob Rest In Peace.

Quilp

How many times had I stumbled across a thread only to find Bob's signature clarity washing right through it. I sometimes came to feel aggrieved, that here I was picking up the pieces of a discussion that Bob had remedied in just a handful of replies. The penny having landed Bob had moved on. There I was, left alone and without friends, sticking my hand in the air telling everyone I knew the answer only to find that Bob had found the answer, polished it up, mailed it on, and was sat smoking a large cuban.

I only ever went into chat once. Bob from ''Brighton'' popped in. We spoke briefly. He was testing the waters, finding his way around. I was a relative veteran, a status assumed by all those in welcoming a new member.
After all these years I still remember that briefest of conversations. I am minded to believe that the impression he made upon me was beyond the sum of parts. Perhaps that was Bob, so much more than what you might think or hear, or read. Afterall how could I miss someone that I never really knew. But miss him I do. And miss him I will.

Perhaps in time I will come to read some of his old posts. In some sense he hasn't left us, he will always be here.
But for now I will remember beyond all else the kind soul that he is.

Phoenix Rising will never be the same.