• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I was cured with GCMAF

I was ill for 9 years and severely bedbound for over three of them. I tried many different alternative treatments with no success. I took GcMAF (actually Goleic) and am now 100% healthy! I went from being bedbound and not being able to have any touch, sight, sound, or movement and going into hospital because I couldnt eat to being healthy again. I took it every four days by injection for just over a year. It really is a miracle!

Hip

I was ill for 9 years and severely bedbound for over three of them. I tried many different alternative treatments with no success. I took GcMAF (actually Goleic) and am now 100% healthy!

That really is quite some story!

I had not heard of Goleic GcMAF before. Is Immune Biotech where you bought your Goleic? Looks like the cost is $225 per month if you take one dose of Goleic per week. Goleic also seems to be available at GcMAF Asia.

Are you fully cured in the sense that you no longer need to take Goleic, or are you still taking this supplement in order to keep the ME/CFS symptoms at bay?

It looks like Goleic (which is also called OA-GcMAF) is a molecular complex of GcMAF with oleic acid (from olive oil). There is a paper here on an apparent anti-cancer effect of Goleic.

Last edited:

JeanneD

@carlystar13

It would be great if you could list all the symptoms you used to have and that you are now cured of. Since there are a number of different symptom patterns, it will help the rest of us figure out if this treatment might work well with our particular symptom set.

I'd be very interested in how GcMAF (actually Goleic) affected your PEM. What was your PEM like, how did the improvements progress? Was is rapid or slow? Did your PEM threshold gradually increase or did you find you just went longer and longer without PEM. What was your PEM like -- how long to onset and recovery, what were the symptoms?

Thanks for anything you can tell us.

Last edited:

JeanneD

this is the 5th person I've heard of getting a full remission using GcMAF

controversy aside, it seems like there may be something to this treatment
I, too, have heard a number of cases of success with GCMAF. It may be a "cure" or at least a treatment providing significant improvement for a subset of people diagnosed with ME/CFS. I very much doubt it is a cure for all of us. Many have tried it without success.

However, if we can tease out which of us are the most likely to benefit from GcMAF, that might make a huge difference in the quality of life of some of us and that's nothing to sneeze at. :D

Hip

this is the 5th person I've heard of getting a full remission using GcMAF

Would you have any links handy to those full remission stories?

I, too, have heard a number of cases of success with GCMAF. It may be a "cure" or at least a treatment providing significant improvement for a subset of people diagnosed with ME/CFS. I very much doubt it is a cure for all of us. Many have tried it without success.

In pretty much every ME/CFS treatment that I have ever come across, you always get a spectrum of response:

In a good ME/CFS treatment, a very small percentage (eg < 1%) of lucky patients will be put into full remission by the treatment. Then a larger percentage (say 10 to 30%) will make major improvements on the treatment (by major improvements I mean moving up at least 1 level up on the ME/CFS scale of mild, moderate and severe). And a similar percentage will make minor improvements on the treatment. And finally there will be a percentage who don't improve at all (or even get worse) on the treatment.

So you need to look at recovery stories in this context: they are the tip of the iceberg; such recoveries only happen to a very small percentage of lucky ME/CFS patients taking the treatment. But nevertheless, these of recovery stories indicate the presence of a potentially beneficial iceberg! The bulk of the iceberg consists not of full recoveries — that's just the tip — but rather patients in which the treatment leads to very desirable major improvements.

From what I have just read, Goleic seems to be a more potent GcMAF. Goleic it seems has been around for a while though; it was first mentioned on this forum in this post in 2013.

I understand GcMAF (and thus Goleic) only stands a chance of working in ME/CFS patients who have high nagalase levels. So it is a good idea to get your nagalase levels checked before you embark on GcMAF.

Nagalase inhibits the functioning of the immune response: nagalase inhibits the formation of MAF (macrophage activation factor), thus preventing macrophages from activating. However, GcMAF is able to activate macrophages, thus remedying the ill effects of high nagalase.

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
Would you have any links handy to those full remission stories?
Well we know of mellester (Marco) he used to be/sometimes still comes by user here, he attributes his remission to GCMAF. I tried the cream but get inflammation way to crazy. If I would have access to the shot I would of try (I am happy with my current progress) so will not rock the boat but will keep it in case I relapse again.

Hip

I tried the cream but get inflammation way to crazy.

I read somewhere that GcMAF is may not be a good idea in ME/CFS patients with high inflammation, so maybe you are one of these patients with higher inflammatory levels.

I wonder if colostrum MAF might be better for you? I have just been reading a link on this thread about colostrum MAF, and the link says:
Colostrum MAF has particular advantages over MAF that is produced from serum, regarding practical clinical use-because colostrum MAF is derived from bovine colostrum, a food source, instead of a human serum source-and it is administered orally and sublingually, instead of by invasive injection.

Additionally, colostrum MAF did not mediate production of inflammatory cytokines, including: tumor necrosis factor-tory cytokine interleukin-1s factoβ). If colostrum MAF can be used to suppress the production of inflammatory cytokines, it can be an effective treatment for autoimmune diseases.

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
wonder if colostrum MAF might be better for you? I have just been reading a link on this thread about colostrum MAF, and the link says:
I tried the bravo yogurt (same reaction) a lot of inflammation. I wants to try the real thing but the factory closed. I shied away from anything MAF due to my particular situation, but again I wanted to try Because it worked so well for Marco. If I were to try again, I would do the shots. Note: I am very over reactive to things, why they have me on immune modulators, so don't use me as a sample.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I understand GcMAF (and thus Goleic) only stands a chance of working in ME/CFS patients who have high nagalase levels. So it is a good idea to get your nagalase levels checked before you embark on GcMAF.

@Hip - do you think the same would apply to using Colostrum MAF - that it works best if you have high nagalase levels?

Hip

@Hip - do you think the same would apply to using Colostrum MAF - that it works best if you have high nagalase levels?

Yes I think so. Colostrum MAF contains GcMAF, and my understanding is that GcMAF supplementation only really brings benefits in ME/CFS patients whose nagalase is high.

I have not looked into GcMAF in any great deal, but I should think you could also try GcMAF even without taking a nagalase test; but because GcMAF is somewhat expensive, you may be wasting money if your nagalase is not high.

Jesse2233

@Hip

These two women recovered from bed bound to mild
(though keep in mind this is a commercial testimonial)

I have seen two similar stories on Facebook

Dr Enlander has mentioned on PR that he had recoveries with GcMAF

@Steve4Andrea’s wife had a temporary remission with it

And at least two Dr Enlander patients on PR have reported recoveries with it (and hepapressin)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have experience with GcMAF and it did help me, but certainly not cure me. It bumped up my functioning level by a couple of notches. But I had to keep using it to keep these benefits. I'm sorry that it is no longer available in the US. I haven't found the cream version helpful so far.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I note that the 'inventor' of Golein said two years ago that the effect is even better without the actual GcMAF in it - the magical effects are just due to the olive oil it seems. The previous theory was apparently wrong (he said) so presumably nothing to do with nagalase.

I also note that the original poster is going to be 'out of town' for a bit!

Are some people having their legs a teeny bit pulled here?

ljimbo423

I have experience with GcMAF and it did help me, but certainly not cure me. It bumped up my functioning level by a couple of notches. But I had to keep using it to keep these benefits. I'm sorry that it is no longer available in the US. I haven't found the cream version helpful so far.

Hi Sushi, how long and how often did you take it and was it an injection? Just trying to get some context.:) The OP took it every 4 days for just over a year, by injection.

Jim

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
This new colostrum GcMAF seems to be freely available for sale, see: here, here, here, here, here and here.

Cost is around $150 to $250 for 60 x 200 ng capsules.
I am very suspicious of this product having followed the manner in which "GcMAF" has been deceptively marketed by a number of companies. I see that one of the links goes to Saisei Mirai--I have been in contact with them in the past and was not impressed with their inability to give critical information about their products.
I note that the 'inventor' of Golein said two years ago that the effect is even better without the actual GcMAF in it - the magical effects are just due to the olive oil it seems. The previous theory was apparently wrong (he said) so presumably nothing to do with nagalase.
True, there have been studies of Goleic, and apparently it does not contain GcMAF. As I remember it found that any therapeutic value was doubtful.(Don't ask me for a link because I don't have it at hand--you could probably find it with a web search.)
Hi Sushi, how long and how often did you take it and was it an injection? Just trying to get some context.:) The OP took it every 4 days for just over a year, by injection.
I took it by weekly injection for several years.