• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I was cured with GCMAF

I note that the 'inventor' of Golein said two years ago that the effect is even better without the actual GcMAF in it - the magical effects are just due to the olive oil it seems. The previous theory was apparently wrong (he said) so presumably nothing to do with nagalase.

I also note that the original poster is going to be 'out of town' for a bit!

Are some people having their legs a teeny bit pulled here?
I'm sorry that me going to my cousin's wedding this weekend seemed shady to you! Maybe you are so used to cons by now that you believe that everything is. I literally posted this message to reach out and help as many people as I could as I know how awful it is to have this illness and have no idea of what to do about it. I feel like I have been doubted for so many years now by doctors and even friends and family regarding how ill I really was and having people on here now doubt my positive healing story is just too much. If putting this out there is causing people to think I am lying I am sorry about that. I really dont know what I would have to gain by doing it though. I hope that it helps some of you, thats all I wanted to do.

Hip

I literally posted this message to reach out and help as many people as I could as I know how awful it is to have this illness and have no idea of what to do about it.

I am very pleased and grateful you posted your story, and I don't doubt at all that it was the GcMAF (Goleic form) that fixed your ME/CFS. It's always good the about recovery stories, infrequent though they may be (sadly).

Unfortunately, the way it goes with ME/CFS treatments is that the amazing benefits that occur for one patient will typically fail to manifest for the next. This occurs with most ME/CFS treatments, including oxymatrine, LDN, methylation, and many others.

It's something of a mystery why treatments can sometimes put some lucky ME/CFS patients into full remission or provide a cure for some patients, but others only experience more modest benefits from the same treatment, or often no benefit at all. I think this phenomenon may tell us something about the nature of ME/CFS, the fact that treatment responses are so variable.

Nevertheless, it's always good to hear recovery stories, as they do show what is possible. Your story also underlines the importance of trying out as many treatments as you can: you said that you'd tried many treatments over the years, but none helped — until you hit upon GcMAF. Imagine if you had not ventured to try GcMAF: you'd still have ME/CFS and be housebound; so it shows that it is worth trying things out.

By the way, did you ever get any viral testing for your ME/CFS? I am just wondering if GcMAF might work better for ME/CFS patients with specific viral infections. Usually ME/CFS is linked to chronic active coxsackievirus B, echovirus, Epstein-Barr virus, HHV-6 and cytomegalovirus infections. I know in the UK we don't have many doctors that perform viral testing on ME/CFS patients; so in my case, I had to arrange the viral testing myself.

Last edited:

ljimbo423

I feel like I have been doubted for so many years now by doctors and even friends and family regarding how ill I really was and having people on here now doubt my positive healing story is just too much.

Hi carlystar13 - Please try not to take negative comments about your recovery to heart. It's not a reflection of you not being trustworthy, it's a reflection of them not being willing to trust your experience.

YOU know your recovery is real and it was the GcMAF that did it and I believe it too!

I did some research on GcMAF and it makes perfect sense that it could help some with CFS and maybe cure some. I am happy you posted your experience.:)

Jim

Thank you for your kind words. Yes I did have viral testing done out of country and I had 6 viruses and possibly lyme disease, (the tests weren't clear). I had EBV, chlamydia pneumoniae, Rubeola/measles, varicella-zoster, HSV 1+2, and HHV-6. I was never tested for coxsackievirus B or echovirus. It makes sense to me that the Goleic can help because it boosts a person's immune system to 100% so the body can fight pathogens on its own. I truly believe that ME is caused by pathogens attacking the body. It must be taken right though, if you go on a full dose right away the pathogens fight back. It was explained to me to incrementally increase the dose very slowly so that they do not get wind of anything being introduced into the system that can fight them. They are tricky little blighters!
I have since been retested for EBV and am clear, my results only show a past infection! I didnt bother paying for all of the others as I know that I am well and feel strong. I was ill all in all for 9 years.

Hip

I have since been retested for EBV and am clear, my results only show a past infection!

That's interesting, so previously, when you still had ME/CFS, your EBV titers were high showing a chronic active infection; whereas now your EBV titers have gone down, showing a dormant, past infection?

The flu-like illness you had in 2007 could have been caused by catching EBV, which then triggered your ME/CFS. EBV can cause glandular fever / mononucleosis, which presents with flu-like symptoms, and often swollen lymph nodes, especially in the neck, armpits, and groin. Although coxsackievirus B and echovirus can also cause flu-like illness (although in this case there are often gastrointestinal symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea).

So it could be that the macrophages activated by the GcMAF were able to fight off the EBV infection.

Anyway, great that you are in full remission.

Hip

I had many viruses that the GcMAF obviously fought off.

Did you have high antibody titers to all the viruses you mentioned above? It is only when antibody titers are high that you have an active infection. And it is only active infections that some researchers think are the ongoing cause of ME/CFS. But if the antibody titers are low, then the infection is called a "dormant", "latent" or "past infection", which are not linked to ME/CFS.

In other words, if a blood test shows that you have the virus in your body, that means that you will have caught that infection at some point previously in your life. But if that virus is now dormant in your body (meaning the immune system has it fully under control), then it is no longer considered to play a possible causal role in ME/CFS.

I actually have done so much research over the years and I am in the camp that pathogens are to blame for ME/CFS. Yes, they were all active viruses. I do know all about active vs dormant. But thank you for writing this as some other members may be able to benefit from the information

Hip

I am in the camp that pathogens are to blame for ME/CFS.

Myself also. The big mystery though is why antibody titers are so high in ME/CFS patients, when there is hardly any virus to be found in the blood (no viremia). When you perform antibody tests on ME/CFS patients, you get these high titers, but if you perform a PCR blood test, very often the PCR will find no virus in the blood.

The lack of viremia in ME/CFS I think may be the reason that many medical professionals doubt the viral hypothesis of ME/CFS.

However, one explanation for this paradox of high titers but little virus in the blood is based on abortive infections, which are ongoing viral infection in the tissues, but where no new viral particles are created. So this may explain why antibody tests suggest an ongoing infection in ME/CFS, yet there are no viral particles to be found in the blood — because abortive infections do not produce any new viruses.

But like so many promising ME/CFS theories, there seems to be too little funding and interest to take this abortive infection hypothesis of ME/CFS further.

The abortive infection theory of ME/CFS is one that I have only really properly understood recently.

Last edited:

ukxmrv

wow, that was very interesting. I had no idea. Now that I am well I really want to find a job doing something towards research. I want so badly to help move things forward in some way.

I'm not sure if you could get a well paid job now that you are better and then maybe use your pay to get this treatment to PWME? If it is something that can cure patients then they could pay you back and start an exponential growth of cured people all working to the same goal

Just an idea. It could balloon out from that into a movement.

How much would it cost to treat 1 person in your experience?

Hip

I'm not sure if you could get a well paid job now that you are better and then maybe use your pay to get this treatment to PWME? If it is something that can cure patients then they could pay you back and start an exponential growth of cured people all working to the same goal

That's a strange suggestion, and also one that will never work, as we know that full recovery stories from any ME/CFS treatment, including GcMAF, are rare. So although @carlystar13 was one of the very lucky ones who made a full recovery, in most other ME/CFS patients you would not expect the same dramatic effects; although you will no doubt find a percentage of patients making major improvements on GcMAF.

Seven7

Seven
I am courious how long were you sick for before you tried gcmaf ( the other user I know cured by Maf, was sick for less than 5y. So if it is an immune booster, might be that if you do boasters while the initial phase of Cfs! Has better outcome.

frederic83

I am courious how long were you sick for before you tried gcmaf ( the other user I know cured by Maf, was sick for less than 5y. So if it is an immune booster, might be that if you do boasters while the initial phase of Cfs! Has better outcome.

She says in her first post "I was ill for 9 years and severely bedbound for over three of them"

So sick for 8 or 9 years ?

@carlystar13 , how old are you now ?

Rlman

She wrote in another thread http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/cured-from-me-now-writing-a-book.56602/ : " I first became ill with what resembled the flu in 2007 and was then ill with ME for 9 years. I was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease and 5 other viruses including Epstein Barr after 5 years of being ill. I became severely ill and bed bound for the last 3 1/2. I am now 100% well after taking a natural immune system booster called Goleic (similar to GcMAF). It really was a miracle. I took the medicine for just over a year."

BenFromNZ

@carlystar13

Hi, could you tell me what dose you took every four days? (How many ng?) And did the dose remain the same throughout your treatment course or did you adjust it over time? Thanks

They said that they could prepare that for you, but it would require coming to the clinic for a blood test.

Their recommendation for you was the GcMAF spray.

I hope that helps. :D

I've been taking GcMaf Colostrum Saisei for several years now. Colostrum is now available due to inaccessibility of other options.
Colostrum from Saisei Mirai Clinics - it poor quality. My phagocytosis is below normal (a fresh test by Dr. KDM)

ljimbo423

I've been taking GcMaf Colostrum Saisei for several years now. Colostrum is now available due to inaccessibility of other options.
Colostrum from Saisei Mirai Clinics - it poor quality. My phagocytosis is below normal (a fresh test by Dr. KDM)

Hi Olena -
How has the GcMaf helped you in your recovery? Has it been the the most important factor in your recovery? Thanks- Jim