• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I was cured with GCMAF

cigana

Perhaps ME/CFS patients need to write to the regulators in the UK and the US, who are clamping down on GcMAF because of the cancer cure claims.

However, these regulators may not be aware that GcMAF is helping some ME/CFS patients, and that by making it hard for companies to manufacture and supply GcMAF, they are also affecting the ME/CFS community.
Alas I think the pharmaceutical lobby is probably too powerful to overcome without much better scientific evidence on our side. I'm guessing it would just turn into a situation like the Ampligen debacle.

Hip

Alas I think the pharmaceutical lobby is probably too powerful to overcome without much better scientific evidence on our side.

Do you think it is the pharmaceutical companies, or just state regulators like the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK, and the FDA in the US?

If you are making unsubstantiated claims about cancer cures, these regulatory agencies will come after you. GcMAF may well have anti-cancer effects, but I think these regulatory agencies want to see good studies first.

This 2008 article by Cancer Research UK discusses the small number of GcMAF cancer studies that have taken place, and points out the flaws in them, and concludes that "although this particular approach isn’t all it’s hyped up to be, harnessing the power of immune system could be a very potent way to treat cancer".

This review 2017 paper from Iran, which is more up to date the latest studies, says:
Gc-MAF is a promising, new, unapproved medication as a macrophage activating factor (MAF) to treat cancer. There is solid evidence of its efficacy in cancer patients, but a number of researchers remain in doubt.
I've never really looked into the claims for GcMAF's efficacy against cancer, so can't really comment much.

But it is a shame that this treatment has become more difficult to find because of the cancer controversy.

I have no yet tried GcMAF myself, but it's been on my list of things to try for many years. I've been a bit wary about trying it because I believe its generally not recommended for ME/CFS patients who seem to have signs of systemic inflammation, which is my case. I believe the GcMAF further ramps up the inflammation.

But I certainly would have like to have tried the brand of Goleic GcMAF that cured @carlystar13 and helped your symptoms.

cigana

Do you think it is the pharmaceutical companies, or just state regulators like the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK, and the FDA in the US?

If you are making unsubstantiated claims about cancer cures, these regulatory agencies will come after you. GcMAF may well have anti-cancer effects, but I think these regulatory agencies want to see good studies first.

This 2008 article by Cancer Research UK discusses the small number of GcMAF cancer studies that have taken place, and points out the flaws in them, and concludes that "although this particular approach isn’t all it’s hyped up to be, harnessing the power of immune system could be a very potent way to treat cancer".

This review 2017 paper from Iran, which is more up to date the latest studies, says:

I've never really looked into the claims for GcMAF's efficacy against cancer, so can't really comment much.

But it is a shame that this treatment has become more difficult to find because of the cancer controversy.
All I know is that according to the Goleic manufacturers, it was the Glaxo representatives on the MHRA board that were responsible for shutting down the production. I haven't looked into the cancer claims, but it seems likely to me they did make unsubstantiated claims and that is wrong. I did speak to two workers at gcmaf-uk who told me they believed they were cured from end stage cancer by gc-maf, they seemed genuine, but obviously that is not a scientific result. I think many patients started a petition to get it on the NHS.

Like you say, it's a real shame, because without that product I would have no hope. For me at least, they've shown me treatment is possible.

I have no yet tried GcMAF myself, but it's been on my list of things to try for many years. I've been a bit wary about trying it because I believe its generally not recommended for ME/CFS patients who seem to have signs of systemic inflammation, which is my case. I believe the GcMAF further ramps up the inflammation.

But I certainly would have like to have tried the brand of Goleic GcMAF that cured @carlystar13 and helped your symptoms.
I was actually motivated to try gc-maf because I had various high cytokines and prostaglandins. I respond well (and very rapidly) to high-dose antibiotics and ibuprofen, both of which reduce inflammation. There was a paper showing gc-maf inhibited some cytokines (can't find it right now, but I'll look if it's important to you) and I guessed that might actually be the mechanism of action.
Gc-maf reduces my joint pain pretty rapidly, for me it has a "calming" effect. Of course everyone is different, and starting with very low doses is the way to go.

nsdn

How long should I try KetoKerri to see if it works?

I have the VDR genes bad and the Nagalasa well.

Greetings and thanks.

nsdn

Has anyone else tried the KetoKerri? I am now with other tests, but when I took it it was my best time sick. I will try it again this year and if it gets better I will not leave it.

cigana

Has anyone else tried the KetoKerri? I am now with other tests, but when I took it it was my best time sick. I will try it again this year and if it gets better I will not leave it.
I haven't tried KetoKerri but I tried Imuno which is similar, and did not feel any effect.

Tuukka

Medical Travelling
I came acorss with this old post when searching about GcMAF. I would like to share that there is possibility to run GcMAF frequency on Spooky2 Rife machine. There are free presets made for it at the separate SpookyICU forum. There are actually two different presets, another one is the GcMAF itself and the other one is consisting of multiple frequencies that claim to stimulate it's production in our body. And the third preset is for Rerum, the successor of GcMAF. They are all experimental so there is no guarantee that they will work the way the actual supplements do though.

gettinbetter

I came acorss with this old post when searching about GcMAF. I would like to share that there is possibility to run GcMAF frequency on Spooky2 Rife machine. There are free presets made for it at the separate SpookyICU forum. There are actually two different presets, another one is the GcMAF itself and the other one is consisting of multiple frequencies that claim to stimulate it's production in our body. And the third preset is for Rerum, the successor of GcMAF. They are all experimental so there is no guarantee that they will work the way the actual supplements do though.

Do you have a spooky 2 and has it helped you and what is GcMAF? Thanks

Tuukka

Medical Travelling
Do you have a spooky 2 and has it helped you and what is GcMAF? Thanks

I have Spooky2 and it has helped me at least to get rid of Ascaris Lumbricoides parasite. It's hard to explain what GcMAF actually is, but I understood it's some kind of beneficial protein that all humans naturally have, but sick people usually have lowered levels of it. I'm currently experimenting with those GcMAF substance presets.

Shanti1

Administrator
This was an informative thread. I actually have a bottle of GcMaf in my fridge from Saisei in Japan that we purchased as part of my husband's cancer treatment, but he did not tolerate it. I decided to try it and took my first capsule this morning. I remember from when I looked into GcMaf before that the research seemed shady, but we decided it was worth trying anyway.

I have not had my nagalase checked. I'm one of the few people who felt better after the COIVD pfizer vaccine, it actually put me into a 2-month remission, from which I had a complete relapse when I tried to exercise, so I think the right type of immune stimulation may be helpful for me.

Shanti1

Administrator
So, is this a suppliment you can get in the US? Just curious. Seems i'm so sick, i am desperate again. lol

I do not know of a US source and it is expensive, but here is the link: https://saisei-pharma.jp/syonyuu/m-powder/ you have to set up an account to see pricing. I purchased the capsules about two years ago for my husband and it has been hanging out in the supplement drawer in our fridge.

60 capsules cost about $136 and the suggested dosing is 3 twice a day...... yikes. I did take one capsule today and I have to admit I felt better than usual, although a little overstimulated, so I have a feeling that, if it helps me, I may not get past 1 capsule. Sometimes things seem to help the first few days but by the end of a week, they have me wigged out.

Mouse girl

Wow, that is expensive! Let us know how it goes. I know what you mean about things helping and then not or making your worse.