• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Forms Of GcMAF (MAFX5, GOleic, etc.)?

I just recently checked the gcmaf.eu website and noticed it's been changed, and they now have some new forms of gcmaf I've never heard of. Wondering if anyone knows anything about these new forms of gcmaf or knows if any doctors are using them yet?

Apparently an edible(liposomal?) form of gcmaf (not yogurt apparently):
http://www.gcmaf.eu/gcmaf-products/liposomal-gcmaf/

MAFX5, a new (apparently injectable) form of gcmaf:
http://www.gcmaf.eu/gcmaf-products/mafx5/

GOleic. Not really sure what this is, but seems to involve oleic acid. Perhaps it's gcmaf plus oleic acid? I'm not sure.
http://www.gcmaf.eu/gcmaf-products/goleic-2/

They seem to be saying all these new forms should be stronger/better than the older form of gcmaf.

Anyone know anything else about these?

lobba123

http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/5/7/2577

i think they just did the new forms because they found vdr is activated by cellular membrane by gcmaf+oleic acid+vit d, so normal gcmaf will have to find these other molecules before getting to the vdr receptor

the only news is about stabilized vitamin d, they had 30 patients on trial with this and prior hiv non responder to normal gcmaf responded to this formula by cd4 rise and hivrna fall.this appered in the news of the website but i cannot find it anymore now

i believe these forms could be dangerous for cfs, they said 200 times more potent in lab

i will be trying the liposomal gcmaf (edible) which goes directly in the liver, i guess this should be better for hbv infection which resides in the liver

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/5/7/2577

i think they just did the new forms because they found vdr is activated by cellular membrane by gcmaf+oleic acid+vit d, so normal gcmaf will have to find these other molecules before getting to the vdr receptor

the only news is about stabilized vitamin d, they had 30 patients on trial with this and prior hiv non responder to normal gcmaf responded to this formula by cd4 rise and hivrna fall.this appered in the news of the website but i cannot find it anymore now

i believe these forms could be dangerous for cfs, they said 200 times more potent in lab

i will be trying the liposomal gcmaf (edible) which goes directly in the liver, i guess this should be better for hbv infection which resides in the liver

I agree that they could be dangerous to ME/CFS patients if they are really 200 times more potent. Most of us already need to take a low dose to avoid too much inflammation.

Sushi

I believe there is no science behind these new products. The '100 times / 200 times' more effective is a deliberate attempt at deception. Sales are slumping and these 'new products' are a cynical attempt to boost sales. " In the laboratory, it is many times more effective than standard GcMAF, and it is mainly aimed at cancer." If this is the case, they should have been trailling this product for at least, the very least, 6 months, with proper lab read outs of any improvements. They have not. They do not have animal testing facilities, therefore these have not been through any animal testing trails, healthy human trails, or clinical testing. Ask for the science and the proof before parting with your hard earned cash - I doubt that they will be able to come up with anything. The Goleic is being patent applied for - this means that this is a novel compound, not one that can exist in nature. Therefore it may well be dangerous to inject this without verified safety testing. GcMAF in its current form (bio-identical) is reasonably well understood and its safety and effectiveness is known.

Thank you Lobba123, I am glad that you agree with my point. However, adrenaline and insulin are already in the blood, but they can be dangerous if used incorrectly. Oleic acid only gets into the bloodstream via the digestion of lipids such as olive oil. It does not naturally occur in the blood without going through the stomach and digestive system, so in my mind this should never be injected (which is already happening according to participants on the gcmaf facebook page - who is recommending that???!!!). All I would like to see is some proof, and I have asked the company for such which is not forthcoming. In particular, the safety and efficacy of this novel compound which does not exist in nature otherwise they would not be applying for a patent. And as this is a new compound, it should be going through the proper clinical trials route with documented safety and efficacy on both healthy subjects and via a double blind placebo controlled trail on selected subjects - this may be no better, or may even be worse, than bioidentical gcmaf with a healthy diet containing olive oil and vitamin D. To come up with a figure of '200 times more effective' when not a single trial has been undertaken and documented is an attempt at deception and I am shocked that a company such as this would do such a thing. GcMAF is a great discovery and all that this bad science and wild claims will do, will be to muddy the waters and bring GcMAF into disrepute.

lobba123

i am already on that since few weeks on double dose weekly and felling just good, all blood tests are ok and my virus, which is not correlated to CFS, hepatis b virus hbv, is clearing.

to be precise infected cells are clearing since hbv is simialr to retroviruses and lives in a template inside infected cells (cccdna)....no virions around needed for it to live.

this template inside infected cells is clearing fast, i will update in a few weeks if the clearance is faster with the new type of gcmaf or just the same

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
i am already on that since few weeks on double dose weekly and felling just good, all blood tests are ok and my virus, which is not correlated to CFS, hepatis b virus hbv, is clearing.

to be precise infected cells are clearing since hbv is simialr to retroviruses and lives in a template inside infected cells (cccdna)....no virions around needed for it to live.

this template inside infected cells is clearing fast, i will update in a few weeks if the clearance is faster with the new type of gcmaf or just the same

That is great news! Keep us posted.

Best,
Sushi

lobba123

one interesting point after so much antioxidants and the 2 courses of gcmaf:

already reported full reversal of cirrhosis (fibroscan now 4.5kpa) but also my kidneys had a great improvment despite the use of 2 antivirals combo which can lower kidneys function a little over the years (tenofovir plus entecavir).well the last kidney function in august was impressive:

baseline creatinine clearance in 2010: 108 (normal 90-130)
baseline serum creatinine in 2010 increased after use of antivirals from 0.9 to 1.2 and returned to 0.9 after use of antioxidants

creatinine clearance in 2013: 145 (normal 90-130) my kidneys work even better than everage kidneys
serum creatinine in 2013 0.85-0.9

lobba123

i am not suggesting to use this on cfs because reactions are very very different as other infections, i just want to report effects of the new gcmaf types.

subcutaneous injection of stabilized vitamin d had no sides for me at all, hepatitis B infection.

same thing mafx5.

the best form for my infection is edible gcmaf for sure because it gets straight to liver cells where it is most needed but this is not available yet

Loba- very good news for you. Were your viruses active or just high IGGs? At any rate, you are feeling good, and that's What counts!

It's been a Long time since I posted or have been on the threads about gcmaf. I guess I hesitate to be bold and honest and if this is the thread to do it on (senior members, please let me know or bump it to another thread)...I just looked at the web sight as well.

For a product that really messed with my body in a horrible way, my dealings with the company and poor physician follow through and knowledge of dosage, testing, etc. Well, I caution people because it looks so inviting and a "cure-all".

I personally get sick every time I remember spending $900 on this product. And the trouble I went through, the hope I had, the money...that could have gone to feeding myself. However, I did not have cancer. But was diagnosed with Lyme, Bartonella, etc. Even in small dosages...this sent me to the ER and/or complete misery.

I pray they are not marketing this for CFIDS or Lyme anymore. Especially claiming such high potency. I couldn't be on the page very long...
I literally thought I was going to die at one point, while taking it. Even at 1/4 the dose. I remember being promised by my physician (2 years ago), "if you take this for 3 months, you will be cured...I wish I invented it".

Well, now he makes his own homeopathic version and does not prescribe this to patients anymore because of it's "instability and poor response".
I wish there was a money back...there Should be a money back if handing it out to various patients under poor supervision.

Again, I hope the company is not soliciting this for CFIDS or Lyme. However, if You have gotten better from this treatment...I am thrilled!!! I am just concerned at it's potential for making someone as ill as I was. It doesn't seem right.

And on a different note: they should also explain storage. Because it will go bad if using small quantities (which is warranted under it's "potency"). Members had to tell me how to store it in the syringes.

p.s. Last year I was bed-ridden, with dementia setting in So strongly. I just rode a bike for the second time in a month. :) Praise God. I am still about 35% of the person I was before this horrible illness.

And have days of bad suffering, depersonalization I can tell you what helped me the most: essential oils (the raindrop treatments), my ozone machine, my ozone machine ;), treating bartonella (herbal & abx), gut healing, Major juicing...and lots of prayers.

I wish I could continue with essential oils, however, they are quite expensive. But I would buy them over Gcmaf Any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

GcMAF Australia

Loba- very good news for you. Were your viruses active or just high IGGs? At any rate, you are feeling good, and that's What counts!

It's been a Long time since I posted or have been on the threads about gcmaf. I guess I hesitate to be bold and honest and if this is the thread to do it on (senior members, please let me know or bump it to another thread)...I just looked at the web sight as well.

For a product that really messed with my body in a horrible way, my dealings with the company and poor physician follow through and knowledge of dosage, testing, etc. Well, I caution people because it looks so inviting and a "cure-all".

I personally get sick every time I remember spending $900 on this product. And the trouble I went through, the hope I had, the money...that could have gone to feeding myself. However, I did not have cancer. But was diagnosed with Lyme, Bartonella, etc. Even in small dosages...this sent me to the ER and/or complete misery.

I pray they are not marketing this for CFIDS or Lyme anymore. Especially claiming such high potency. I couldn't be on the page very long...
I literally thought I was going to die at one point, while taking it. Even at 1/4 the dose. I remember being promised by my physician (2 years ago), "if you take this for 3 months, you will be cured...I wish I invented it".

Well, now he makes his own homeopathic version and does not prescribe this to patients anymore because of it's "instability and poor response".
I wish there was a money back...there Should be a money back if handing it out to various patients under poor supervision.

Again, I hope the company is not soliciting this for CFIDS or Lyme. However, if You have gotten better from this treatment...I am thrilled!!! I am just concerned at it's potential for making someone as ill as I was. It doesn't seem right.

And on a different note: they should also explain storage. Because it will go bad if using small quantities (which is warranted under it's "potency"). Members had to tell me how to store it in the syringes.

p.s. Last year I was bed-ridden, with dementia setting in So strongly. I just rode a bike for the second time in a month. :) Praise God. I am still about 35% of the person I was before this horrible illness.

And have days of bad suffering, depersonalization I can tell you what helped me the most: essential oils (the raindrop treatments), my ozone machine, my ozone machine ;), treating bartonella (herbal & abx), gut healing, Major juicing...and lots of prayers.

I wish I could continue with essential oils, however, they are quite expensive. But I would buy them over Gcmaf Any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Lerae, i am so glad that you are doing so much better!!
remember that GcMAF was first used for cancer, not for CFS or Lyme.
Lyme people are so sensitive to it.
In Britain they are getting good results for CFS/Me , by all accounts
regards gcMAF

lobba123

Were your viruses active or just high IGGs?
i am on antivirals so no hbvdna in the serum which reflects high replication inside the liver but of course hbvdna is detactable in the liver
the problem of hbv is the it acts like retroviruses, it has virions hidden inside infected cells, a template to reproduce all virus population even if there is not 1 virion left and hbvdna integration in human dna which produces the surface antigen hbsag which suppresses our immune response towards the virus

the level of hbsag in blood reflects the activity of the template inside infected cells and the integrated hbv dna so in the end when hbsag lowers infected cells are lowering and our immune response is winning over the virus and indeed hbsag is lowering but only if i keep vitd25oh levels above 100ng/ml and take gcmaf.by mistake i lowered the dose of d3 pills and vitd25oh went from 103ng/ml to 70ng/ml and i had a little relapse of hbsag from 2916iu/ml to 3800iu/ml but i do know that d3+gcmaf acts on my hbsag lowering it slowly.
if i reach a level of hbsag of 1000iu/ml or less i have immune control of the infection, of course the best thing is hbsag undetactable which is cured infection

sorry for all your sides effects on hbv is just feeling better whatever the dose or the product, we are a group of 4 trying it and no sides for us

lobba123

of course you cannot do nothing we do on hbv on cfs or lyme, too different
we have human trials that showed high vit d levels lower hbv replication and we can make vitd25oh as high as 165ng/ml without any side, only benefits and no calcium increase.we have to shoot very high doses to have a response and without any side or inflammation from vit d or gcmaf

IgM means Active infection. IgG means past infection, usually. Some believe that a very High IgG means. I was curious if all the viruses that you are treating for were considered active or had + antibodies. I hope that makes sense.

Lobba, did you mean gcmaf vs hbv in the last line?

lobba123

IgM means Active infection. IgG means past infection, usually. Some believe that a very High IgG means. I was curious if all the viruses that you are treating for were considered active or had + antibodies. I hope that makes sense.

Lobba, did you mean gcmaf vs hbv in the last line?

long reply i dont know where you mean, anyway we use gcmaf+high dose vitamin d+antivirals+pegintf for hbv cure, while antiviral monotherapy just lowers replication/liver damage but no effect on clearance of infection

we dont use igm and igg, they are too generic, we use surface antigen quantification and hbvdna pcr to monitor the infection

of course you cannot do nothing we do on hbv on cfs or lyme, too different
we have human trials that showed high vit d levels lower hbv replication and we can make vitd25oh as high as 165ng/ml without any side, only benefits and no calcium increase.we have to shoot very high doses to have a response and without any side or inflammation from vit d or gcmaf

That is what I was getting at. Several doctors and gcmaf.eu marketed this product for CFIDS & Lyme. I believe some were + for bartonella (a co-infection of lyme), who were on this sight using it. There are just so many variables, with high tgf-b1 tests, etc. Are you all using it Just for Hbv, or other viruses? So, I'm wondering if it is marketed for just viruses and cancer and autism now?
There are actually some Lyme doctors trying to use it, although some have backed off. oh, Lyme patients have parallels with vitd levels as well. We are extremely low.

Lerae, i am so glad that you are doing so much better!!
remember that GcMAF was first used for cancer, not for CFS or Lyme.
Lyme people are so sensitive to it.
In Britain they are getting good results for CFS/Me , by all accounts
regards gcMAF

Thank you. I am too, to say the least. Obviously, it's still a battle. I really wanted to reiterate Why I posted this. 1.) Because doctors are using it for Lyme and on Lyme patients. (and several CF patients are undiagnosed with Lyme disease). 2.) GcMAF.eu did post that it was being used for Lyme disease. (back when I purchased it). If and Because we are extremely sensitive to it, and it advertises as "high potency than all others" and still advises the standard shot amount, double "Beware". Because what happened to me, was probably worse than any herx reaction I have ever had...even flagyl. I did have very elevated inflammatory markers though.

What is concerning: I emailed GcMAF.eu about my experience (at that time, I was surviving with major encephalitis). They wrote back that there have been zero reported adverse reactions to it, so mine couldn't have been from the injections. However, several people on here write abt taking Very low doses Because of reactions?!, thankfully advised me on taking low doses. My doctors office response to my symptoms, "we are still learning about this....".
So, if any of you have had any adverse reactions from GcMAF, please PM me. Maybe you felt better after lowering the dosage. Even this would help. I certainly cannot be the Only one who has not reacted well to this. $900 is a lot of money, and a lot of hope.
p.s. ironically, a lot who are on it or have been, have told me they are testing + for /lyme and co-infections.