• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I Remember Me/Stephen Paganetti

LaurelB

I wasn't sure where to post this question. I have long wondered what ever happened to the teenage boy in the ME/CFS Documentary I Remember Me. I believe his name was Stephen Paganetti. He was the one who was bedbound and fed with a feeding tube, and had to go to his HS graduation in a gurney.

It's been about a decade now since that documentary was made, and I wonder how this boy's health progressed. Did he improve? Get worse? Remain the same? I've been unable to find any information.

I did see a post on another message board long ago saying someone heard he'd gotten better and was now able to travel, etc. But I never was able to confirm this.

If he did get better, I'd like to know how. :)

Anyone have any info? Thank you.

Laurel

Carrigon

This is the old address to write to him, but I don't know if it's still any good. It was published in alot of CFIDS places, so it's safe to post this address.
Stephen Paganetti, Jr.
P.O.Box 145
Durham, CT 06422-0145

I think he's still in Durham. There was an article about his grandmother passing away in 2007 and his name was mentioned, but nothing else.

LaurelB

Thanks, Carrigon. I may just do that and send him a note. If so, I'll let everyone know if I hear back.

He seems to have completely disappeared.

LaurelB

Just an update -- I actually wrote him at the address above back in May. I never got a reply. The letter also was not returned to me, so I assume he got it. Would really love to know how he's doing.

LaurelW

Thanks for bringing this up, Laurel. I too have been wondering what happened to him. I'm hoping that he got better and is living a normal life.

LaurelB

Hi Julia -- I tried multiple avenues but was not able to contact him. Or, at least, I never got a reply. :(

SB_1108

I just watched I Remember me for the second time. I watched it initially when I first developed ME and now again almost a decade later. It's hard to see how little has changed. I was wondering if there had been any updates from Stephen Paganetti or Kim Snyder?

Just watched the documentary as well.

Havent done a proper search but have found this so far.

"Probably the most amazing partial recovery story I've encountered is that of Stephen Paganetti, the bedridden teenager in the film, I REMEMBER ME, who had to be wheeled to his graduation on a gurney. He is now walking again and is travelling to other states, according to the Connecticut CFIDS Association. "

http://forums.prohealth.com/forums/index.php?threads/recovery-from-cfs-50-personal-stories.167212/