• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to understand Freddd

seamyb

I can't seem to get my head around some of what Freddd writes.

So, in the lists of symptoms, here

https://www.quora.com/Has-someone-u..._filter__=all&__nsrc__=1&__snid3__=1808215186

he writes first about which symptoms were healed by the quartet. But there are variations of the order in which some of the quartet appear, such as

L-carnitine fumarate – AdoCbl – Metafolin - MeCbl
weight loss involuntary
muscular atrophy
exercise does not build muscle
L-carnitine fumarate – Metafolin – AdoCbl - MeCbl
weight gain, watery fat
edema

What is the significance of the same nutrients switched about?

helen1

@seamyb
I hadn’t seen that before & have read freddds stuff several times. My guess is he was showing the bad consequences of the wrong order of the nutrients. Those are definitely the wrong order. He always has carnitine added at the end.

Busson

@seamyb I believe a poster called Ahmo wrote "A [Not so] Concise Guide to Freddd’s Protocol June 2014" and Maartens once wrote "My Understanding of Freddd's Protocol".

I am not sure if these are still available. Both were PDF documents.

Their existence does point to the fact that you're not alone in finding Freddd's protocol's tricky to understand.