• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to take Indian healing clay orally?

Hey, just got a bentonite clay from iherb called Indian Healing Clay. I’m planning on using this orally and on my skin for baths.
Any directions on taking it orally? How much should I take and when? On a full or empty stomach? Thanks 😊

Rufous McKinney

from iherb called Indian Healing Clay.

following my initial panic for you (I was thinking India India)

This brand says its from Death Valley California....

According to Aztec Secret, this particular clay is derived from volcanic ash and is sourced from Death Valley, California, where it's sun-dried for six months in high temperatures (up to 134 degrees).

Wonder where, exactly..(Death Valley generally is a national park).

YippeeKi YOW !!

Any directions on taking it orally?
I think that mixed in lukewarm water or tea, or even coffee would be OK, but that's just a guess.
How much should I take and when?
Following the usual rule of start low and go slow, I'd start with a half teaspoon in 6 to 8 pounces of liquid, and increase gradually if there arent any ill effects. Keep an eye on your bowel function, since the clay can be a bit binding, and boost your water intake a bit around doses.
On a full or empty stomach?
I think maybe on an empty stomach, say 2 hrs after eating something or 1 hour before but that's just a guess ....

Good luck, and maybe let us know how that's working for you ????