• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy

Wolfcub

Well I have read a few pages already of this interesting thread, and they were the first few pages. Now I have to sleep.
But before I go, I noticed such a lot of anti-homeopathy arguments going on.

My attitude is anecdotal evidence is good enough for the efficacy of any treatment. What matters is the patient feels some effect -better let's hope.

(By the way there are such things as "healing crises" in natural healing methods; they do not occur with forms of suppressive medicine. They may happen with any form of healing which encourages the body-system to fight for itself.)

Okay -once I knew a woman who was one of the leading orthopaedic surgeons in the UK. That was back in 1998.
She also did general practice. Why? I don't know except she was truly dedicated to helping patients heal.
She would endorse any healing modality she had personally seen to work. Thus she endorsed all sorts of things -surgery, chemo, anti-virals, shamanic healing, acupuncture, laying on of hands, and of course -homeopathy.
She was a skilled homeopath also, and a trained acupuncturist.
She had no boundaries. If a treatment caused healing, she was interested in it.

So she had witnessed many healings with homeopathy.

She by the way was the one who told me that camphor, peppermint etc would antidote a "proving" reaction (strong negative reaction) to a remedy. And it would work very quickly for anyone who is in healing crisis that they are finding too difficult to navigate.

Wayne

Camphor, peppermint, coffee, garlic....etc

On the other hand... I met a man who claimed to have used homeopathy to clear himself of Lyme Disease, and took the formulas by putting them in his coffee! When I asked him about it antidoting the remedies, he (gently) scoffed at the idea. It would seem various antidotes are unique to us as individuals. So I guess if you really need to antidote a remedy, do 'em all!​

digital dog

I need to antidote a remedy and I am going to put some Vicks rub on my chest after writing this.

I'm in a real state this morning. I am absolutely convinced that homeopathy is not a placebo and that it is a powerful medicine. The trouble is, I am both excited by this but sick from the remedies.

I took a thyroidinum three days ago to see if it would clear my EXTREME brain fog and disorientation: It cleared both in two hours. Trouble is, since then I am absolutely raging and aggitated.

I am now beginning to think that although homeopathy works that it is either too strong for me (even at small doses) or I simply cannot be healed-that my body/brain cannot accept health-that anything given to me that helps in one way will be catastrophic in another. Perhaps that is why the thousands of things I have tried over twenty years always ends in failure. I simply cannot be cured!

The bottom line is... if homeopathy is too strong for me then I might as well give up and accept my health and all the suffering that comes with it.

I am seeing the homoepath again soon but I dont even know what to say. She is world famous (head of the British homeopath society and written numerous books) but even someone with her expertise cannot heal someone who is too damaged.

I like the idea of taking remedies in water. Thank you for that suggestion.

I think I will scrap the thyroid remedies (my body obviously cannot accept them) and try something completely new. Perhaps a hormone balancer or an antidepressant (homeopathic) as I am now heading towards real despondance.

Sorry to be a downer. I am so angry that I cannot even take homoepathy. I believe in it too!!!

brenda

Sorry to hear of your troubles but I think that you must take things in a certain order for healing when very sick and probably need someone who has the experience. You also imo need to be on a natural wholesome diet that will allow the remedies to work.

DoggerFisher

@digital dog check with your homeopath.... when I was super sick a sniff of a remedy was enough.... an aggravation is technically an overdose.... "standard" homeopathy doses though risibly small to our hyper rational friends can still be too much for sensitive person but the fact they elicit a response can be significant . talk to homeopath about sniffing a dose or putting a dose in water and taking a 1/4 teaspoon or less of that and then wait. sorry it's so frustrating. nb remedies also have specific antidotes listed in materia medica.

pamojja

I was surprised with a PAD diagnosis 10 years ago being prescribed a statin and aspirin, that the former reduces 5-year mortality in only 1 out of 83, and the latter in only 1 out of 330 both taken for 5 years! Absolutely no data for longer periods, but was told to have to take it anyway till I die. None of the cardiologist could give me these absolute numbers. They all repeated what they been told by the drug companies (ie. improvement in 30% of cases, which is even true: 3 dying in the placebo arm of a trial, compared to 2 in the treatment arm out of a 100 is indeed 30% improvement :bang-head:).

Anything which helped anyone even only a slightly bid is worth hearing about. Especially in the Alternative Therapy section of this forum. Any form of censorship of personal experiences with alternative therapies would make this forum truly poor.

However, I also do accept it if so many here have very high hope in Allopathic medicine. Despite having absolutely none myself. In my experience it already has failed most serious chronic diseases, while having been funded billions for many decades.

Therefore my appeal for tolerance on every side, please. One can of course always state one's opinion and give reverences. But calling something 'quackery' is merely name-calling, originated from 'quicksilver' (mercury) used by medicine centuries ago, and nowadays would best apply to dentist, who still use mercury in fillings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfcub

I need to antidote a remedy and I am going to put some Vicks rub on my chest after writing this.

I'm in a real state this morning. I am absolutely convinced that homeopathy is not a placebo and that it is a powerful medicine. The trouble is, I am both excited by this but sick from the remedies.

I took a thyroidinum three days ago to see if it would clear my EXTREME brain fog and disorientation: It cleared both in two hours. Trouble is, since then I am absolutely raging and aggitated.

I am now beginning to think that although homeopathy works that it is either too strong for me (even at small doses) or I simply cannot be healed-that my body/brain cannot accept health-that anything given to me that helps in one way will be catastrophic in another. Perhaps that is why the thousands of things I have tried over twenty years always ends in failure. I simply cannot be cured!

The bottom line is... if homeopathy is too strong for me then I might as well give up and accept my health and all the suffering that comes with it.

I am seeing the homoepath again soon but I dont even know what to say. She is world famous (head of the British homeopath society and written numerous books) but even someone with her expertise cannot heal someone who is too damaged.

I like the idea of taking remedies in water. Thank you for that suggestion.

I think I will scrap the thyroid remedies (my body obviously cannot accept them) and try something completely new. Perhaps a hormone balancer or an antidepressant (homeopathic) as I am now heading towards real despondance.

Sorry to be a downer. I am so angry that I cannot even take homoepathy. I believe in it too!!!

digital dog don't give up hope of help. It may simply be the wrong remedy. Or....this is a true "healing crisis" and an additional remedy might help you balance through it while it happens?
Now I know little about the medicines really, having only used them twice in the past (with good result! and twice for my dog when they worked a treat.)...but definitely let your homeopathic doctor know about every detail of what you have been going through.

Wolfcub

On the other hand... I met a man who claimed to have used homeopathy to clear himself of Lyme Disease, and took the formulas by putting them in his coffee! When I asked him about it antidoting the remedies, he (gently) scoffed at the idea. It would seem various antidotes are unique to us as individuals. So I guess if you really need to antidote a remedy, do 'em all!​

Well @Wayne , that for me is great news (if the same would work for me) because I do love my one morning coffee which doesn't do too much damage at the moment. And all the stuff about not being able to eat/drink this or that while on a remedy is a nuisance. (They are always the things I like....coffee, strong flavours, garlic etc)

Wayne

I do love my one morning coffee

If you love your morning coffee, then I would say go for it. Or at least experiment with it to try to discern how coffee might be affecting you individually and your homeopathic remedies.

One thing I forgot to mention was that--as I recall--the guy who put homeopathic drops in his coffee had some kind of online degree in homeopathy. So he apparently studied it extensively for at least several months, and in all his training and experience, didn't believe coffee would antitdote the remedies he took.​

Can't seem to find a dedicated thread on this.

I saw a homeopath for the first time about 4 months ago. I was put on a low dose of a remedy which was then gradually increased. It didn't make me better, quite the reverse...it brought out all the original symptoms that I was first diagnosed with, particularly the low-grade fevers and also very very itchy sores on my arms. I have now rightly or wrongly stopped this remedy - it was making me so ill and the timing was totally wrong (whenever is it right?). On the other hand, I've read that homeopathy often works that way before making you better....

Any thoughts anyone who's into homeopathy?

Hallo filfla, my two cents: homeopathy is powerful and you should not keep giving the remedy. I think that can make you quite ill. One dose is enough

Mary

Moderator Resource
THIS THREAD IS HAS BEEN EDITED TO REMOVE INFLAMMATORY POSTS AND RESPONSES THERETO AND IS NOW RE-OPENED. IF FURTHER PERSONAL ATTACKS OCCUR, PLEASE REPORT THEM SO THAT THEY CAN BE DEALT WITH AND THE THREAD CONTINUE UNINTERRUPTED.

PERSONAL ATTACKS INCLUDE (SEE FORUM RULES EXPLAINED):
  • referring to a member in a contemptuous manner
  • referring to a treatment that a member finds helpful in a contemptuous manner

Last edited:

Wayne

I haven't read the full article left, but the introduction sounded quite interesting. This is from Mercola.com.

Water and Homeopathy: Latest Discoveries at Science’s Cutting Edge

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • A major research conference took place at London’s Royal Society of Medicine that confirmed the therapeutic effects of extremely small doses (nanodoses) of homeopathic medicines
  • Two Nobel Prize-winning scientists and other esteemed researchers from across the world presented compelling evidence that medicinal agents not only persist in water, but they retain therapeutic effects in these nanodoses
  • Our bodies’ hormones and cell-signaling systems also operate at this super small nanodose level
  • Professor Vladimir Voeikov asserted Russian scientists had known for decades that tiny doses of medicines have dramatic effects on biological systems
  • Professor Jerry Pollack of the University of Washington is one of the leading experts on water who reported on his research, which confirms water has the capacity to store huge amounts of medicinal information, enabling homeopathic nanodoses to fully impact a person’s physiology

digital dog

I have had to give up on homeopathy. It is, quite simply, too strong for my body/brain. I am so disappointed as I feel that if I cannot tolerate homeopathy then I'm fighting a losing battle.

I am now a firm believer that it has the power to heal people, but I am too sensitive for it at present.

That being said, I will definitely return to homeopathy if I feel stronger and it will also be my first line of treatment if menopausal hot flushes become an issue (they are just starting for me now) as there are two clear remedies for this.

I truly believe that people should give homeopathy a trial (even just to witness first hand how powerful it is).

I would like to say 'what have you got to loose' but because it made me so sick, I do think you need to treat with caution and respect...which I didn't initially as I thought it was a load of rubbish.

Thank you Wayne for the scientific information. Very interesting. There is something in it...literally!

Hufsamor

That being said, I will definitely return to homeopathy if I feel stronger and it will also be my first line of treatment if menopausal hot flushes become an issue (they are just starting for me now) as there are two clear remedies for this.

I truly believe that people should give homeopathy a trial (even just to witness first hand how powerful it is).

I would like to say 'what have you got to loose' but because it made me so sick, I do think you need to treat with caution and respect...which I didn't initially as I thought it was a load of rubbish.

Thank you Wayne for the scientific information. Very interesting. There is something in it...literally!

Give homeopathy a trial but be sure you go to one with a good reputation.
And one with long experience with me/ cfs.

As for the menopause, maybe you'll give acupuncture a chance?
I tried both, started with homeopathy, but for my menopause the acupuncture was far more successful. Problem with acupuncture is you most likely have to go every week for a long period of time, so it's hard both physically and economic

Wayne

I am now a firm believer that it has the power to heal people, but I am too sensitive for it at present.

Hi @digital dog,

You may find this little story interesting on how senstivie my system is to homeopathic frequencies. -- I went to a homeopath many years ago, and she came up with a remedy for me. I had to stop by the room where they stored all the remedies, and as soon as I walked in, I got an instant (and instense) sense of vertigo and disorientation. As soon as I walked out of the room, it all dissipated immediately. My body just couldn't withstand the vibrations of perhaps hundreds or thousands of remedies emanating their vibrations in a small enclosed room.

I sometimes have a somewhat similar experience walking into various places, especially those I'm not familiar with. I can pretty easily get bowled over by the energies in the room. Which is why I don't go out very much, and when I do, try to do it when I'm feeling stronger and more resilient than normal. I try to remember to do the following technique when I find myself getting overwhelmed by various energeies (including fluorescent lighting):

513_vamp3_267.jpg

One of the most effective protection procedures known is the Finger Interlock Technique. Developed in our labs, this technique is easy to implement, and its effects are instant. To begin this technique, simply bring together the tips of your thumb and middle finger of each hand to form two circles. Then, bring your hands together to form interlocking circles while envisioning your body enveloped in a bright sphere of impenetrable energy. Finally, relax your hands and simply affirm, "I am now energized and fully protected." This simple, inconspicuous technique requires only seconds and can be used almost any time or place. With practice, you can use the finger interlock gesture alone as a cue to instantly activate the effects of the full procedure.

digital dog

Thank you for your replies.

I have tried acupuncture many times but I am so sensitive to the needles (one acupuncturist said she had never seen a person so sensitive in her 60 years working). It never helped me so I am probably going to leave that but thank you for the suggestion.

I think I will go back to homeopathy but one thing I cannot understand is this:

If remedies are meant to be stronger the more you dilute them, wouldn't taking less of the remedy (perhaps diluted in water and taking a teaspoon of that solution) actually be stronger and therefore cause more side effects?

Can anyone throw any light on this?

digital dog

The reason I ask is because I thought I might try a much diluted amount of the thyroidinium at some point. I have subclinical hypothyroidism (although in the USA it would be classed as hypo) and cannot tolerate the medication. The thyroidinium had pretty much exactly the same affect on my body as thyroxine (but quicker) but I'd obviously rather try the homoepathic medicine before the hormones if possible.