• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone read "The Medical Medium"

Ema

I just wonder why the Medical Medium isn't targeting something like cancer?

I suspect it is because the public outcry denouncing the "treatment" would be immediate, loud and unceasing, unlike the current situation for MECFS patients.

Tammy

Yes! I was given his third book as a present by family member as bed bound v ill. I'm a big fan and using his suggestions. There's loads of iCloud recordings of his radio talks to listen to which is really helpful too. All the best to our healing xx
If you have any questions or concerns about the protocol feel free to PM me. Because I used to be an RN..........I was able to join the practitioner group that follows Anthony's suggestions so I have access to a lot of help from practitioners. Don't be surprised if you run into some bumps in the road along the way. That is when it is really helpful to talk to someone who has been through it. I am so glad I stuck with the protocol. Although I still have some challenges...........I now have quality of life. No more POTS or orthostatic intolerance (huge for me),no more 24/7 flu-like feeling, pins and needles, pain in joints, pain in muscles improvement by 75%............no more Trigeminal nerve pain. The healing path was a challenge for sure.............but so worth it. All the best to you too!

valentinelynx

Here's an interesting article about Anthony Williams. Apparently, he believes that EBV is responsible for just about every illness, includes the vast majority of cancers! There's a bit in the article about how he (or his publisher, Hay House) had a "contest" in which the best Amazon review(s) would win one of this $500 half-hour consulting sessions. This was apparently revealed to the writers by a posting on Phoenix Rising...

Most revealing, I found, was the bit in the article about how on live TV Mr Williams "...[performed] a "body scan" on TV host Cristina Ferrare. Although he declared her all clear, a few months after this video, Ferrare announced she was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a kind of blood cancer."

Hip

I just watched a few Anthony William videos on YouTube, and using my own powers of perception, concluded Williams is a Medical Conman.

He charges $500 for a half-hour phone consultation, and generally tells people that their problem is Epstein-Barr virus.

"Hello Mrs X, glad you phoned me; your problem is EBV". Cha ching, $500 dollars.
"Hello Mr Y, glad you phoned me; your problem is EBV". Cha ching, $500 dollars.
"Hello Ms Z, glad you phoned me; your problem is EBV". Cha ching, $500 dollars.

What a scam.

Last edited:
I've read his book. The thing I don't like is that he doesn't believe in candida everything is EBV. I've tested positive for both. I really think it's the candida that is worse than the EBV. I've tried at least 12 of the items you listed and they worked initially and then stopped. If I try them in another six months they may or may not work again.

He believes that candida is a symptom of having the streptococcus bacteria.
I've read his book "The Medical Medium" thoroughly and he does not say that in his book. He does say strep is a co-factor of EBV. He does pooh-pooh candida in his book "The Medical Medium." I have tested positive for active EBV and strep. He needs to make this more clear in his books and other articles. Thank you for sharing your information, I do appreciate it.

Tammy

I've read his book "The Medical Medium" thoroughly and he does not say that in his book
Page 116...............he doesn't actually use the word symptom............but co-factor........and lists streptococcus as one of the pathogens associated with candida. He goes into the candida/streptococcus connection a lot more in his radio podcast on UTI's, and Streptococcus. All his radio podcasts can be found on his website or soundcloud.

I have the book and I have pages 116 and 117 already marked. He knocks candida throughout the entire chapter. I wish he would have written it in a different tone and connected the dots without the sarcasm. I do have strep so that is what is causing my candida. My candida has gone systemic the last 11 years since menopause. I've had it for over 20 years total so it's very difficult to get under control. It's very perplexing the way the chapter was written. I knew I had candida but I did not know I had strep so it was very upsetting to me that he kept belittling candida.

Most women, including myself, do not know they have strep if they have candida. I did go to the doctor after I read the book and asked for a strep test but the doctor refused because I had no symptoms like strep throat. About six months after that I went to an alternative nurse practitioner who tested me for EBV. I also paid $300 to have a stool sample done that showed I had strep. I really think he does more harm than good in that chapter. My sister had many sinus infections and took copious amounts of antibiotics which in turn resulted in her death from esophageal cancer. I told her she probably had candida from all of the sinus infections and antibiotics. So I think he did a poor job explaining candida.

I disagree with other things in the book. For example, I've had a frozen shoulder and it was not from the shingles virus. I broke my wrist and several months later I had a frozen shoulder entirely due to the way I was sleeping at night to protect my wrist. I do listen to his podcasts and I have listened to the one on strep which is excellent. I have tested positive (in the last 6 months) for current EBV infection but the only symptom I have is fatigue. So I am skeptical of his all-encompassing EBV diagnosis for everyone, whether they test positive or not. There was something else in his thyroid book that was totally untrue also because of my experience but right now I can't think of what it was. Anyway, I'm glad you are getting help from his advice. He has some good supplement and some good food advice, but compared to other experts, I think he's so-so.

Tammy

@jpa123.................I guess each individual can interpret differently. The chapter was very helpful for me as it explained a lot of the mystery behind what was going on in my body. Strep is a hard one to knock down for sure...............just as hard as EBV in my opinion.
Anyway, I'm glad you are getting help from his advice
Thank you.............the healing journey has not been easy. There were periods of time where I didn't think the supplements were helping anymore but I plunged on and then my body would make another turn for the better.

Yes, I think you are right that they are both hard to knock out. I'm glad you are feeling better and it sounds like you've been through a lot too. I appreciate your ideas and opinions so I can see things from other's perspectives!

I would use extreme caution when reading his information. It's not all accurate. He does have some good advice on eating different foods and using certain supplements. I did like the celery juice and wild blueberries he recommends initially, but after awhile the feel good effects wore off.

I did read the article relating to the link you posted. I think you shouldn't put your faith in any psychic/medium when you have severe health issues. I know a girl who did the detox protocol in Anthony's book and she became very sick after the month she did the detox and has not gotten her health back yet. I suspect that perhaps her mercury fillings leaked poison into her body from the detox. She and her girlfriends also paid to speak to his "assistants" since he can't have phone consultations with everyone. They were all advised the exact same thing that Anthony routinely says about EBV and what supps to take. For them it was a waste of money.

I ordered the book and as I began to read it I was pretty excited about the possibility of being able to heal myself. Before I was even halfway through the book I started to feel uneasy about Spirit and his abilities. The book began to feel like the biggest sales pitch in history.

That's when I began researching him on the internet. In my opinion and many others all over the internet, he is making a fortune on people desperately trying to get better. If he were real, wouldn't we be seeing thousands of people singing his praises all over the internet? I couldn't find anything, not even from his web site. I feel embarrassed that I fell for his story and bought the book before I did my research. I didn't finish the book! That's my take on the Medical Medium and his constant companion, Spirit. I advise you to do some research on him before buying into his claims

digital dog

I am a spiritualist. This man is a charlatan. He may well offer some good advice in terms of diet and supplements and people may well get better following his protocol BUT his intentions and convictions are shady.

He is NOT a spiritualist working for the greater good. He is a money-making con-man out for what he can get.

Avoid.

jepps

There are several researches, that show the deep connection between strep and candida. Together, strep and candida form deep biofilms, that make candida virulent.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...etectable-infection.26770/page-20#post-515620
Altogether, we demonstrate a novel mutualistic bacterium-fungus relationship that occurs at a clinically relevant site to amplify the severity of a ubiquitous infectious disease.

http://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1003616
Interestingly however, although it has been accepted for decades that S. mutans is the etiologic agent of dental caries, recent evidence indicates high prevalence for S. mutans in dental biofilms where the fungal pathogen Candida albicans (C. albicans) resides, suggesting that the interaction between these diverse species may mediate cariogenic development

Best regards, jepps

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, why do all his books have 5 stars & millions claim they have healed?
He has such loyal followers that have healed (or claim to) from his protocols.

I know I'm bringing a very old thread back to life (possibly lol) but it's hard to not want to find something that helps when you are so desperate, which I know you all understand.

I have not felt any relief from anything I've done, including celery juice, so I'm not supporting Medical Medium, just very curious about it all.

Abrin

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, why do all his books have 5 stars & millions claim they have healed?

Just to play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, 'Dianetics' by L. Ron Hubbard is still a 4 star book and a metric ton of people claim that Scientology helped them. ;)