• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hammock Therapy

leelaplay

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
Ah, yes. My first thought. also. I wonder if they make a recumbent piano?
Great idea, Jerry, hmmmm, wonder where we might find one of those.
HW

Well - this might be the first step of making it happen:

I used to have my apartment set up so that I could be in my hammock indoors. I probably went overboard, but I screwed a 2 x 4 into the outside studs of a set of 3 (one on each side of a room). Then, I screwed a thick eye bolt (sorry - doer, but non-techy here) through the 2 x 4 and deep into the middle of the middle stud. I had it so I was right beside the window.

THen I had thick s hooks (think when you buy them they say how much weight they can carry) that went between the eye bolt and the hammock hook. I could leave the hammock hanging from one of the s-hooks when not in use - or take it down and put it away.

Here's a site that says what to do as well.

Jerry S

Sounds like a good installation, Finn! As we used to say in the business, "When in doubt, make it stout."

Enjoy!

leelaplay

Sounds like a good installation, Finn! As we used to say in the business, "When in doubt, make it stout."

Enjoy!

I didn't know you were a brew-master Jerry:Retro tongue:

Seriously though - thanks for the compliment from someone who knows. It worked and wasn't too aesthetically unpleasing.

jackie

I'm de-benching long enough to say thanks for the wonderful ideas!

Last year I tried one of those wooden, slatted "Porch Rockers"....too hard! Then, I tried one of those alternative wicker rockers....too - UPRIGHT!

So...I read this thread...I impulsively order TWO Hammocks...AND a cushy reclining chair thingy...AND another rectangular Patio Umbrella. As I posted somewhere else...makes me want to listen to Joni Mitchell sing "Carey"...and let the Summer begin! (in the SHADE, of course.)

Tiniest bit of buyers remorse...but I haven't been THAT hungry lately.

(oh...also tried one of those Zero-Gravity loungers...sort of folded up with me in it and I got stuck!)

Back to being benched...soon to be hammocked........j