• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hair Mineral Testing

aquariusgirl

Just want to remind anyone trying this that they *MAY* need some SMALL amount of supplemental manganese & the other caveat is to avoid iron enriched foods. As always, seek professional advice, ;)

CJB

I'm not going to pretend I have even the most dim of clues as to what has happened here, but honestly, I'd just really, really like to see the paper she was working on.

I've been waiting since the first time she gave a lengthy explanation as to why she couldn't answer questions on the open forum because she had to get that paper finished. Then we find out there was what has been described on another thread as a "private club".

There were pm's, e-mails and chats going on, but no paper. Now it seems that she's gone because of a forum rule.

Will someone give me a heads up when that paper is available? Until then, I feel really sorry at the way it all went down. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I am happy that some people got help for serious issues and those who are feeling better. Fortunately, that won't change. I'm really happy to know the story of those dogs recovering from a genetic illness. That is truly exciting.

But the discussion that might have occurred between the experts here on the forum (who are intimately aware of ME/CFS) and Dog Person could have been very enlightening and ultimately helpful. But I'm pretty sure those will go on to some extent as well.

Brenda, I hope you will continue to post your progress.

It looks like the only those who took Dog Person at her word that she needed time to work on the paper and DIDN'T contact her out of respect for her request are left out in the cold now.

Thaks for letting me have my say. And someone wake me up when the paper is available.

:hug:

CJB

I was just wondering about iron overload, my parents use enameled iron pots buy Le Creuset. I've read that they're supposed to be good for those who are concerned about the type of pans they use however I'm also wondering about how protective the enamel is against iron. I mean, over time there's bound to be wear and tear, some iron might end up in the food.

Does anyone else use these kinds of pots?

As long as the enamel is not chipped or cracked, you should be okay. But I definitely wouldn't use cast iron. I used to love it, but gave it up awhile ago.

brenda

CJB

Thanks. Christine asked for hair test results and the ones who sent them to her and who are now being called the `private club` are the ones she is retesting. Thats all. If Christine agrees I will send the paper to those interested or maybe we can get together somewhere.

CJB

CJB

Thanks. Christine asked for hair test results and the ones who sent them to her and who are now being called the `private club` are the ones she is retesting. Thats all. If Christine agrees I will send the paper to those interested or maybe we can get together somewhere.

She made it sound like it would be posted (as I recall - but wouldn't swear to it) - I'm assuming on her website.

Ema

In response to the members who are concerned, the moderation team will be happy to make a statement clarifying the forum rules that were broken leading to the ban. This will be forthcoming in the next day or two so please be patient.

In the meanwhile, this thread has yet again veered far off the original topic of hair mineral testing. If this continues, there will be no other option than to close the thread.

Ema

This is a really serious accusation to make by insinuation.

Are you prepared to back up this statement with some hard proof? If not, I suggest you reconsider it.

Ema

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
In response to the members who are concerned, the moderation team will be happy to make a statement clarifying the forum rules that were broken leading to the ban. This will be forthcoming in the next day or two so please be patient.

In the meanwhile, this thread has yet again veered far off the original topic of hair mineral testing. If this continues, there will be no other option than to close the thread.

It is off topic because we are trying to figure out how to continue the conversation on hair mineral testing without the "principle investigator." We are just saying that we need her input. Maybe we should open another thread to try to figure out how to continue on our own.

Sushi

brenda

I dont have any proof I was only offering a suggestion without naming anyone seeing as we are all totally confused about why we have lost someone who was helping us so much.

Ema

I dont have any proof I was only offering a suggestion without naming anyone seeing as we are all totally confused about why we have lost someone who was helping us so much.

Then I would strongly encourage you to delete it yourself because it is a rule breach to make unfounded accusations about other forum members.

Ema

It is off topic because we are trying to figure out how to continue the conversation on hair mineral testing without the "principle investigator." We are just saying that we need her input. Maybe we should open another thread to try to figure out how to continue on our own.

Sushi

I understand. Posts that deal with Hair Mineral Testing and moving forward in this line of inquiry are absolutely fine and welcomed.

Posts that are inflammatory, accusatory, or otherwise not contributing to the general knowledge are off-topic and against the forum rules.

Hopefully it should be fairly easy to differentiate between the two types of posts.

anne_likes_red

Iron enriched as in "fortified" aq? Or does this include iron rich foods such as beef and lamb etc?

I get manganese in blueberries and kale, both of which I eat most days but have started a manganese supplement as well (which I had stopped last year due to chelation protocol.)

Thanks for your help too aq :)

Anne.

Just want to remind anyone trying this that they *MAY* need some SMALL amount of supplemental manganese & the other caveat is to avoid iron enriched foods. As always, seek professional advice, ;)

dmholmes

Posts that are inflammatory, accusatory, or otherwise not contributing to the general knowledge are off-topic and against the forum rules.

Hopefully it should be fairly easy to differentiate between the two types of posts.

Ema, respectfully there were quite a few posts towards Christine that fit that description. Why weren't those addressed?

Thanks,
Davdi

Ema

Ema, respectfully there were quite a few posts towards Christine that fit that description. Why weren't those addressed?

Thanks,
Davdi

We have never intentionally allowed any post to stand that breached forum rules though we do rely on members to help by reporting posts that they feel may be in violation of the rules. If you know of one that has broken the rules, I encourage you to report it.

It is not against the rules to respectfully express skepticism about a method or test or to ask for clarification. It is in the forum's best interests to allow for balanced and informed debate and that is also the purpose of moderation.

Back