• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Functional vs Traditional Lab Ranges Comparison Chart

Hello,
I couldn't find anything within the forums referencing this and have a very hard time finding anything through the skewed algorithms of google which is often the case. Does anyone have a link or copy of functional vs traditional lab ranges? I had a copy somewhere but misplaced it.
I think this is a wonderful tool for anyone and really everyone to have whether you are dealing with illness or not as a preventative measure or to get to the exact nature as functional ranges are MUCH different than the ranges given due to the current ranges being depicted via all of the population getting their blood drawn, most of which are hospitalized, suffering from a multitude of symptoms and often in the grip of disease.
My results have always been on the cusp of many of the ranges, I wish I had known more about this long ago as I would have had many more clues as to what was going on much earlier.
Thanks!

pamojja

I have collected optimal ranges for most common lab-tests from various functional practitioners, and entered them alongside the regular ranges in a spreadsheet with all my lab results over time. Could upload it. However, I don't remember from which functional practitioners I picked it up, over the course of 10 years.

pamojja

I've added the different ranges of my spreadsheet as pdf.

With only the average of my own values, and significant deviations from ranges, in the last 2 columns. As an striking example, that remissions are possible (in my case from PAD, COPD and PEM) even when still far from optimal values with many markers. One can only wildly guess where one's own individual optimal ranges would be.

Never stress out too much out about non-optimal values. Lab ranges is only a tool to see associations (ie. to lifestyle or supplement changes) to the better or worse.

Attachments

• labs.pdf
    148.2 KB · Views: 29