• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
WPI has four days left in the Vivint Gives Back Project . We are currently in 1st place but the competition is stellar and narrowing our lead daily. We need your votes to win a $100,000 grant which will be used to continue the vital work of the Institute and create a patient fund for those who can't afford care. Please vote daily via Facebook and the Vivint Gives Back Project. - Andrea Whittemore

Just as a point of clarification, our competition in the Pacific is not narrowing it's lead. Before the numbers were blinded, It Gets Better needed an average on 7,882/day to tie WPI. Everyday this hasn't happened our lead would be gaining. Their 7-day average before the blinding was 375 votes/day. WPI 7-day average was 830.

If we extrapolate these figures for the three blinded days of Aug 21, 22 and 23, WPI would be ahead 50,239. IGB would need today through the end, 13,890 votes/day to catch up.

Regarding IGB overtaking Be Perfect - this should not be an issue because they were very close before the blinding. Be Perfect averages about 100/day and they were only 471 ahead of IGB which averages 375 votes/day.

I'm am so looking forward to WPI winning $100,000 so that we can celebrate! :D

Dolphin

IGB probably got a little jump on Monday as it put it on its FB page and Tweeted it. However, it didn't put it on its FB page yesterday and since that Tweet on Monday, there were no more messages, not just no more direct appeals but also thank yous to others (there were lots of the latter before).

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
So excited about all the extra money for matching!!

This would be a great time to call relatives and friends and ask them to donate. Sometimes people wait until the end of the year to make donations (maybe because of tax reasons), and they would probably be happy to make a donation now instead.

Andrew

Even though we don't thinik WPI will slip, I urge anyone who is not voting to start voting.

If you don't have Facebook, you might want to look into getting it. The only reason I got a facebook account was so I could start voting in the various charities.

frenchtulip

Only 4 hours + left of the Vivint contest. Our votes are all in. Am already suffering voter withdrawal. Can't wait to vote in the Pepsi Refresh contest!

Francelle

What the heck happened? WPI 2nd in region!!!!!!

There's something fishy surely. How can any organisation 23 or below in the space of several hours surpass the WPI who was 8 overall? Same goes for ME/FM they were no. 3 and now saying they are no. 8 in region yet their overall ranking stayed at 28!

I wonder if they didn't change the rankings for several days - even though they stated the rankings would be correct???

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
If one uses browser history to navigate to region rankings, Be Perfect Foundation is listed as #1. The really strange thing is Prader Willi California is listed as #3. I think something is wrong.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I'm told WPI's twitter says not to worry, and official results will be announced Sept 6.

I would expect the Canadian rankings are similarly incorrect, and to just hang on for results.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'm told WPI's twitter says not to worry, and official results will be announced Sept 6.

I would expect the Canadian rankings are similarly incorrect, and to just hang on for results.

Thanks for the reassurance, Willow - I just saw the WPI ranked at 2nd and was horrified but if it's a glitch then I can wait for the official results. They clearly had a glitch a few days ago when the amount raised for the WPI shot up to about $35k and then dropped to $25k or something so they're obviously having problems.

Francelle

If one uses browser history to navigate to region rankings, Be Perfect Foundation is listed as #1. The really strange thing is Prader Willi California is listed as #3. I think something is wrong.

It's hardly fair to Be Perfect Foundation though if they are indeed not # 1, as their hopes will be falsely raised. It would have been better to mark everyone as Ranked # 2 or other such number (anything but #1) while awaiting the 6th Sept announcement.

Strange IMHO!

eric_s

We really don't need this... I hope it was an error. The WPI says so but on Vivint's pages they don't really say one way or the other, the way i understood them, they just say everybody should wait for the official results. I realized yesterday though that they didn't show the rankings anymore, but listed the charities in alphabetical order. Don't know if that was planned either or wheter it showed that they were working on things somehow or there was an error.

Could everybody please give as much details as possible? What happened and when?

What changes were there in the regional rankings and what changes in the overall ranking? Do they match up?

Let's collect facts a bit and see if we can figure something out. What i can gather from the comments here is this:

Pacific region:

Be Perfect went from 23 to 1
WPI went from 1 to 2
Prader Willi went to 3 (?)

Canada:

ME/FM went from 3 to 8

Overall:

ME/FM stayed at 28

Francelle

The one encouraging thing on the WPI Vivint page is that although it says the WPI is ranked #2, the overall ranking of #8 hasn't changed. Don't know if this is significant or not!!!

Also I think Be Perfect was actually #24. It Get's Better was #23 last time I looked (early this morning Australian time).

eric_s

I don't know where you found this, but the numbers look quite realistic. Thanks a lot, Tuha. It might also be helpful to watch the FB pages, websites, Twitter, etc. of other charities that have moved up or down for information. But i think this link says it all. The numbers are correct, but the rankings are wrong. OOoof... when will we get a break from all this crazy stress...