• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

helen41

Nielk, a number of people have posted, asking Vivint to investigate, but I think the message that really needs to be posted is that Conejo are still getting votes from that site and their vote count is still going up. I just checked it again. I think those votes should be deducted, given that we were all told it was not allowed and presumably they got an email yesterday

shannah

This message was just posted.

"We take these types of allegations very seriously. One charity has already been disqualified from the Vivint Gives Back Project for similar conduct. Rest assured that this will be investigated fully, and proper action will be taken. Thanks so much for your concern everyone!"

http://www.facebook.com/VivintHome/posts/222468701124804?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

I'd like to know specifically how they follow up on this and the outcome.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Shannah - Well thats kind of good news?? Just 'liked' your comment helen, hope they reply soon.

helen41

I 'liked' the response from Vivint as well. Conejo hasn't taken down the vote request on that site yet. That seems odd. I don't see a way to tell how many votes they are getting from there, either

frenchtulip

Shannah: "One charity has already been disqualified from the Vivint Gives Back Project for similar conduct."

I wonder which nonprofit it is. All five regions on the voting pages are still showing 20 competitors.

Doogle

We better start notifying all the ME/CFS websites for people to vote because the lead is going to be gone quick at this rate.

I found the same offer on the Project Swag site.

I also sent an email to Vivint, via the email that Vivint provided in response to Helen Watkinson on their Wall. I sent some of the info that I had from the Chase Community Giving debacle that I hadn't published on my blog (for fear of being sued for naming specific individuals) about where the payments were coming from, which might be pertinent here.

If you missed the Chase series and would like to read it, it starts here.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Wow - this stuff is incredible! I'm glad to read that Vivint is taking this seriously. The fact that one charity has already been disqualified for similar conduct is very hopeful.

Because of the weird voting pattern, I suspect that they are cheating in more ways than just the sites that have been found - it's probably just the tip of the iceburg. It now makes sense to me how they had a voting spike of 1300 for two days - they are buying their votes each day, they didn't get dedicated long-term voters for the long haul.

No poster girl - you blew me away with the Chase info, do you know if they ever had votes deducted?

helen41

@Eric, loved your comment, but facebook would only let me like it, so I did
I think one of the differences between the 2 contests is that Chase didn't say incentives were against the rules, while Vivint has. There was one group in the Chase contest, I think the were called the India America Federation, or something similar, who were using fake profiles to vote. Chase did respond to those complaints and deducted a lot of votes. I hope Vivint does the right thing

I agree; I believe there may be things out there that we haven't found yet, and I definitely think there will be more offers. I would not be surprised if there was a redemption site like VoteFive/VoteforGood out there. The images they used in the offers make me think so, but I can't say for sure. Or maybe they got wise after last time, there isn't a redemption site, and they're just using iRazoo to do their redemption. Easier to cover their tracks that way.

One thing we have in our favor is the length of the contest - we have much more time for things to turn up than we did during CCG. All that stuff happened in the last 48 hours of the contest.

Chase never took any action at all that I know of. There was an announcement that there was going to be an announcement about the voting, but then the promised announcement never came. It was all at Chase's discretion to decide what would be allowed. Spending money to make money - allowable or not? Well, they are a bank.

Because of the weird voting pattern, I suspect that they are cheating in more ways than just the sites that have been found - it's probably just the tip of the iceburg. It now makes sense to me how they had a voting spike of 1300 for two days - they are buying their votes each day, they didn't get dedicated long-term voters for the long haul.

No poster girl - you blew me away with the Chase info, do you know if they ever had votes deducted?

helen41

Found 2 more
in this link, you can buy 5 cash for $4.99 or earn 1 cash on completion of a vote for Friendship Circle
http://panel.gwallet.com/network-node/impression?appId=8ab4108c082c47ad97c3fd274d989c08&userId=[alger]&panelId=3&type=Free&rand=0&page=1

Foodollars - 2 offered per vote. no purchase required to receive Foodollars in minutes I was unable to figure out the cost of a single Foodollar without subscribing to the paid site, but I did find mention of each account being allowed to spend a maximum of $151.00 per week on Foodollars
http://panel.gwallet.com/network-node/impression?appId=8ab4108c082c47ad97c3fd274d989c08&userId=[alger]&panelId=3&rand=0&type=All

These offers are active right now, Do I go ahead and post this on the Vivint site?
the links aren't posting. Initially only the second one worked, I tried to edit and now neither of them work. I'll try to repost, if they work I won't touch them, and someone more computer savvy than I can either post them on the Vivint site, or not, depending on concensus

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Daily Stats for July 13 - very interesting, Conejo dropped to 1349 from 2149 the day before. Does this mean that they can't sustain vote buying over the long-term, did Vivint deduct votes, guesses anyone??

WPI 29661 + 1038 = 30699
Be Perfect 10173 + 187 = 10360
Conejo 10208 + 1349 = 11557
Surfer Healing 6891 + 134 = 7025
Hailey mayz 4696 + 140 = 4836
Next Gen 3795 + 24 = 3819
Invisible 3609 + 56 = 3665
Jumpstart 3477 + 93 = 3570
King Bellflower 3295 + 63 = 3358
Sean Vernon 2351 + 53 = 2404
Patner Living 1913 + 37 = 1950
Shared Hope 1966 + 44 = 2010
Austin's House 1772 + 78 = 1850
Trevor 966 + 59 = 1025
Dream 926 + 23 = 949
Courage 1187 + 40 = 1227
Ameriface 1017 + 31 = 1048
Prader Willi CA 496 + 1 = 497
Gets Better 3058 + 409 = 3467
Tinnitus 186 + 7 = 193

Light & Love 16884 + 490 = 17374
St John Hospital 7535 + 193 = 7728
ME/FM Action 4039 + 167 = 4206
Prader-Willi 3572 + 161 = 3733

Attachments

• vivint 07-13-11 716 hrs.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
Helen, I was able to get to both links (the first one by appending the /url), but I didn't find the offers. Are they on the first page, or on a different page? If you'll let me know where they are, I'll take screen captures.

Found 2 more
in this link, you can buy 5 cash for $4.99 or earn 1 cash on completion of a vote for Friendship Circle
http://panel.gwallet.com/network-node/impression?appId=8ab4108c082c47ad97c3fd274d989c08&userId=[alger]&panelId=3&type=Free&rand=0&page=1

Foodollars - 2 offered per vote. no purchase required to receive Foodollars in minutes I was unable to figure out the cost of a single Foodollar without subscribing to the paid site, but I did find mention of each account being allowed to spend a maximum of $151.00 per week on Foodollars
http://panel.gwallet.com/network-no...&panelId=1&type=Free&page=1&pageSize=20&rand=

Back