• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fast or fast-ish brain fog busters - what's working for you?

L'engle

moogle
B1 and B12 are the only things that help a bit so far. Various supplements help my physical energy, but the brain fog is very resistant. Since abstract thinking and learning were always my strong points it's a big loss.
And social interaction unless with very close friends is very draining. With close friends I can either mostly listen or I know I can say just about anything to them without it being taken wrongly or needing explanations. Talking loudly and clearly enough to be heard in group or professional settings is exceedingly draining.

Some people say lion's mane mushroom is helpful, I'll probably try that soon.

Rufous McKinney

Talking loudly and clearly enough to be heard in group or professional settings is exceedingly draining.
so true...

And social interaction unless with very close friends is very draining.

Yes.

On top of everything, my eye troubles tied into the brain fog are tough to deal with. Focusing on anything...is somehow painful and exhausts me. Like interacting with my baby grandaughter. Four months old, if I beam and smile and make faces, she is so happy. And this is so DRAINING for me.

We keep being asked to accept, more and more losses and limitations. Its a a challenge Maybe we are wizards.

Thank you ! Thank you ! This is GOLD,,, exactly the practical help that I am looking for. I've already ordered two of the items that you mentioned. Fingers crossed ! Here are some of mine :

Sulbutiamine: At first, I thought that this surely couldn't be legal. But It is actually just a synthetic derivative of thiamine. I used to divide 200 mg caps in half. Now I take half or whole.
Newish popular mushroom supplements: I did have a bit of help with Genius Mushroom capsules.
Energize (brand): This is just one of many on the market that are a blend of vitamins & minerals. But this one is effective for me. 1 to 2 caps
Raspberry keytones: This nature-based supplement (sold as a diet aid) is helpful to me, however, I have noticed that no matter how long the brief effect is during the day, and even though I become tired at night, once I try to fall asleep, I just cannot. I have a wide-awake feeling. I have traced this stupidness back to this product.

I hope we will keep each other updated on new findings.
I will check out your website.
Regards