• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Famous (and sort of famous) ME/CFS sufferers

Mouse girl

Oh, I was watching Golden Girls (as i am basically an old lady before my time, or while middle aged but is 52 really middle aged seeing as no one in my family lives till 104) and I remembered that one of the producers has cfs/me. They even wrote an episode where Blanch gets CFS/ME and she has bad doctor experiences where they tell her it's all in her head. So great they made that episode but sad it was made so long ago.

dannybex

Oh, I was watching Golden Girls (as i am basically an old lady before my time, or while middle aged but is 52 really middle aged seeing as no one in my family lives till 104) and I remembered that one of the producers has cfs/me. They even wrote an episode where Blanch gets CFS/ME and she has bad doctor experiences where they tell her it's all in her head. So great they made that episode but sad it was made so long ago.
It was the creator of the show, Susan Harris. And she was of course the one who wrote the episode. She was also one of the producers, but wrote only nine episodes due to her poor health.

EtherSpin

ah... lets try not to laugh about Piers Morgan actually *soliciting* people to give him miracle cures for Long Covid. best of luck P.M. !
Maybe someone can give him all the heads ups about the Heparin Apheresis treatments in Germany cause he could bring a lot of light to it particularly on different news networks than BBC where its been covered and where he will rarely be seen now :)

Perhaps Hip could offer Piers Morgan some of that homemade cooked urine autovaccine, a couple of sublingual sprays should get him back on his feet!;)

Last edited:

SWAlexander

Maybe we all should replicate Dorothy.
Here is the video
The Golden Girls: Dorothy’s Struggle With CFS/ME

ruben

I wasn't actually aware till yesterday Piers Morgan has Long Covid. From snippets I have seen he is still significantly affected and has lost quite a bit of weight. So that seems he could have tough times ahead.

bthompsonjr1993

Where have I been? Does anyone else know about Flea, Keith Jarrett, & Howard Bloom having ME??? Certainly if Howard Bloom had it, we would have had discourse from him by now (for my fellow nerdy English majors?) :D
Howard Bloom went on the Joe Rogan show and went into deep detail about how bad it got, and how he could hardly speak. He claims to have completely overcome it. He said on the show that he put together a packet about how he overcame it. I reached out to him asking for the packet, and he sent it to me. Here it is.

Attachments

• HOWARD BLOOM CFS PAMPHLET.pdf
    95.5 KB · Views: 31