• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Earthing" for Protection from EMFs

outdamnspot

I've just started earthing and a friend sent me this information. How would I know if I'm at risk?

"While there may be some benefits to grounding, it may be wise to avoid grounding oneself in high voltage environments where one may become a transit for the grounding path. A better idea may be to unplug or ground the electrical appliances that contribute to high voltages and turn off unnecessary circuit breakers. By grounding electronics with 2-pin plugs in our vicinity, we may reduce the damage to the biological systems that respond to EMF."
"
  • When NOT to Ground Oneself: When there is a lot of unshielded, ungrounded electricity around you, there is a risk that in grounding yourself, your body may provide the shortest pathway to the ground, i.e., the path of least resistance."

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
To those of you using products for earthing/grounding:

Could you post the difference you notice between using these products, and walking barefoot on the earth, sitting on the grass, lying on the grass, etc.?

Thanks very much. :)