• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Patterson on Long Haul Covid vs ME/CFS

bread.

There are multiple gofundme campaigns that collected 100k+ for semi bogus spine procedures, so I guess that could be a way to collect the money, another one might be to ask hiv patients that take the medication.

Pyrrhus

Sorry, I'm not understanding what the new news is here? I read through the linked thread and am mystified ...

Or is it about whatever conference he's speaking at, and if so, what did he say, or how can we listen? Thanks!

I was just linking together two related threads about Bruce Patterson's public statements, that's all.

But he may be speaking at an upcoming conference:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/dr-bruce-patterson-mentions-me-cfs.85849/#post-2385437

perrier

here is Dr Patterson's talk from the above mentioned conference. Looks like he seems to have refined many things. My worry is, however, even though he seems to show differences between LC, Lyme,ME in a very convincing manner, are his treatment protocols effective? Furthermore, has Dr. Ron Davis talked with Dr. Patterson. Seems to me it would be interesting to know what Dr. Davis thinks. (@Janet Dafoe ) Thank you.
PS. Have any ME patients seen results with Patterson's treatments with statins?

Hipsman

@perrier I haven't looked closely to what happened, but he screw up his numbers on purpose, everyone in his facebook group (at least those who aren't a bot or got better by a chance of luck as 5% or so recover without treatment) are just waiting for improvements to come, but never actually get any from Maraviroc.

Cort just published an article on Dr Patterson's long COVID treatment:

Has Bruce Patterson Cracked Long COVID?

Patterson thinks the chemokine RANTES (also called CCL5) is a key factor in long COVID. He also published a paper in May last year showing that RANTES was high in regular acute COVID patients.

I am not sure if there is any relation, but RANTES is high in those very rare ME/CFS patients whose illness is due to a chronic bacterial infection in a cavitation (hollow space) in their jawbone — see this thread.

Some papers of interest:

Thanks for posting these. I am hoping I am one of those rare people. Cavitation surgery in a month. To say I am excited and hopeful is an understatement. It has been a rocky journey to get to this point. Is there anyway of reading the full versions of these articles. :)

mitoMAN

Thanks for posting these. I am hoping I am one of those rare people. Cavitation surgery in a month. To say I am excited and hopeful is an understatement. It has been a rocky journey to get to this point. Is there anyway of reading the full versions of these articles. :)
I talked to 8 ME/CFS patients that had this surgery done, none improved but some went off even worse

godlovesatrier

Was reading about a woman who had this in the UK due to gross negligence from three separate dentists. She's beyond help now her entire jawbone became infected. She lost 20 odd teeth and is a complete shadow of her former self. It's really wrong she kept telling them she had all the symptoms of infection. Even down to the rotten taste in her mouth which was absolutely overwhelming.

Apparently dentists in the UK won't perform routine procedure's because there have been law suits and now there too scared or have been advised not to. Something along those lines. The articles on the Guardian somewhere.

Really sorry for anyone going through that.

Hip

I talked to 8 ME/CFS patients that had this surgery done, none improved but some went off even worse

That's interesting.

How did you find these 8 ME/CFS patients with jaw bone cavitations? Is there a Facebook group or similar? I believe these cavitations are not very common.

I read that jaw bone cavitations can be caused when the wisdom teeth are removed without cleaning out the periodontal ligament from the bone cavity (it's this ligament which then prevents the bone from healing properly, so you get a hole).