• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Patterson on Long Haul Covid vs ME/CFS

5vforest

Got my results from the Patterson lab:

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 9.29.08 AM.png

Doesn't really match up with Quest:

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 9.31.02 AM.png

Probably just gonna chuck this in the pile of useless test results, tbh.

mitoMAN

I have extremely high rantes. (Done at German Lab IMD)
Interesting to see how we all differ.

would be interesting to see more lab work results posted by CFS patients.

mitoMAN

Currently severe, 12 years sick, I have written a long history that you may be able to find in my profile. Sorry unable to get link, on phone.
No problem that's already enough information.
There was one study that indicated severe patients that have been ill for a long long time failed to show cytokine abnormalities.
I have been severe for two years. Sick since 15+ years (started mild)

Martin aka paused||M.E.

No problem that's already enough information.
There was one study that indicated severe patients that have been ill for a long long time failed to show cytokine abnormalities.
I have been severe for two years. Sick since 15+ years (started mild)
Right and the only thing besides microglia activation you see in my results is brutal immune exhaustion to a point where my doc said it looks like aids

5vforest

Maraviroc is probably like number 10 on my list of things to try, after this test. I need to see whether the high CCL4 means something similar as high CCL5?

Badpack

Maraviroc is probably like number 10 on my list of things to try, after this test. I need to see whether the high CCL4 means something similar as high CCL5?

Always hard to interpret single lab markers. But it is also a chemokine. Chemotaxis to bring immune cells through the body.

This could be of interested https://t.co/K4H70s6tHS?amp=1

They found "A combination of 4 biomarkers, IL-6, IFNg, MCP-1(CCL2), and VCAM-1 was identified as being the most accurate correlate of long COVID."

So the answer still could be the same but different chemokines for different humans / immune systems. No autoimmune disease, no chronic infection. Just a chronic stimulus via monocytes. So maraviroc+statin could still be viable. But ofc its just a guess.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Always hard to interpret single lab markers. But it is also a chemokine. Chemotaxis to bring immune cells through the body.

This could be of interested https://t.co/K4H70s6tHS?amp=1

They found "A combination of 4 biomarkers, IL-6, IFNg, MCP-1(CCL2), and VCAM-1 was identified as being the most accurate correlate of long COVID."

So the answer still could be the same but different chemokines for different humans / immune systems. No autoimmune disease, no chronic infection. Just a chronic stimulus via monocytes. So maraviroc+statin could still be viable. But ofc its just a guess.
MCP-1 is my issue!

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Maybe we should look into different potential treatments for the different chemokines. And see if we can do something about it. But in the end Patterson always gives Maraviroc for it. So not sure why he measures CCL2-4. Maybe it works for them too ?
Yes, I'm very open for any experiment (that will also possibly serve others too)
Hm, good question. Maybe it helps with it. I have to dive deeper. But afaik he would prescribe anyone with ROC who has titers over 15 ng/ml which I have...
But I think it's better if you guys with high titers for RANTES try ROC+statins and I try things for IL-1b and MCP-1? Of course it's your decision. Just an idea on how to proceed...

Badpack

Yes, I'm very open for any experiment (that will also possibly serve others too)
Hm, good question. Maybe it helps with it. I have to dive deeper. But afaik he would prescribe anyone with ROC who has titers over 15 ng/ml which I have...
But I think it's better if you guys with high titers for RANTES try ROC+statins and I try things for IL-1b and MCP-1? Of course it's your decision. Just an idea on how to proceed...

As always it is more about the cost right now. I could buy Maraviroc for 1100€ here in Germany. But thats too much for me to handle. So i am looking for ways to get it from Russia or India for around 250€. Should i succeed i will def. give it a try.